Presidents Obama & Geo. W. Bush break with tradition

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
This is phenomenal. For the first time in I don't know how many generations, and definitely the first time in the mass media market age, two former POTUS are (arguably rightly) attacking the sitting POTUS, for things he's doing and done. I think this is only a good thing.

I would love for President Obama to book a long tour of speaking engagements in leftward cities, where he could deliver his comments on things President Trump does, as he does them, maybe every couple weeks. It would become an epic war of words, and it would be all public, so we could root on our favorite, and learn something all at the same time.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/10/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-george-w-bush-presidents/index.html

glorydaz

This is phenomenal. For the first time in I don't know how many generations, and definitely the first time in the mass media market age, two former POTUS are (arguably rightly) attacking the sitting POTUS, for things he's doing and done. I think this is only a good thing.

I would love for President Obama to book a long tour of speaking engagements in leftward cities, where he could deliver his comments on things President Trump does, as he does them, maybe every couple weeks. It would become an epic war of words, and it would be all public, so we could root on our favorite, and learn something all at the same time.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/10/20/politics/donald-trump-barack-obama-george-w-bush-presidents/index.html

LOL The establishment is having a tizzy....no doubt the Swamp does not appreciate being drained.

fool

Hall of Fame

When Bush left office he said that Obama "Deserved his silence".
Reasonable I thought at the time. The new President, even if you don't like him, has the toughest job in the World. I'm disappointed that Gee Dub forgot he said that.

What we see here is the ruling class rebuking the working class for electing someone not from the ruling class.

Obama was a 45 year old junior Senator from Illinois with a whole 2 years in Washington under his belt when he announced. Nobody batted an eye.

A 69 year old New York Billionaire rides the gold escalator down to the lobby of the gold plated sky scraper with his name on the front and announces and people are pointing and laughing.

Because he's from the wrong class.

They're not laughing anymore.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Bush took him to the woodshed over his lie about previous presidents not calling the families of fallen soldiers. When someone asked Trump why he hadn't done this, he replied that he was about to do it, and the letters were going out that night.

Which sounds a little odd, but here he got himself in trouble was in claiming that previous presidents didn't do that. Bush quite rightly let him have it for that whopper.

Far as I know, Obama blew it off as Trump being himself, but at least one former Obama staffer let Trump have it for his lies. Her description of his behavior ("deranged animal") was kind, compared to some of the responses from families who had lost soldiers.

But for Trump and many of his followers, truth means nothing at all.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The soldier was intubated. The president talked quietly with the family at the foot of the patient’s bed. I looked up at the ceiling so that I could hold back tears.

After he visited with them for a bit, the president turned to the military aide and said, “Okay, let’s do the presentation.” The wounded soldier was being awarded the Purple Heart, given to troops that suffer wounds in combat.

Everyone stood silently while the military aide in a low and steady voice presented the award. At the end of it, the Marine’s little boy tugged on the president’s jacket and asked, “What’s a Purple Heart?”

The president got down on one knee and pulled the little boy closer to him. He said, “It’s an award for your dad, because he is very brave and courageous, and because he loves his country so much. And I hope you know how much he loves you and your mom, too.”

As he hugged the boy, there was a commotion from the medical staff as they moved toward the bed.
The Marine had just opened his eyes. I could see him from where I stood.
The CNO held the medical team back and said, “Hold on, guys. I think he wants the president.”

The president jumped up and rushed over to the side of the bed. He cupped the Marine’s face in his hands. They locked eyes, and after a couple of moments the president, without breaking eye contact, said to the military aide, “Read it again.”

So we stood silently as the military aide presented the Marine with the award for a second time. The president had tears dripping from his eyes onto the Marine’s face. As the presentation ended, the president rested his forehead on the Marine’s for a moment.

Now everyone was crying, and for so many reasons: the sacrifice; the pain and suffering; the love of country; the belief in the mission; and the witnessing of a relationship between a soldier and his Commander in Chief that the rest of us could never fully grasp.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/04/21/why-george-w-bush-let-a-soldiers-mom-yell-at-him/

I don't think Bush was a good president. I've been really hard on him. But I'm infuriated that the idiot in the White House so blatantly lied about something he did frequently and did well.

But there were exceptions. One mom and dad of a dying soldier from the Caribbean were devastated, the mom beside herself with grief. She yelled at the president, wanting to know why it was her child and not his who lay in that hospital bed.

Her husband tried to calm her and I noticed the president wasn’t in a hurry to leave—he tried offering comfort but then just stood and took it, like he expected and needed to hear the anguish, to try to soak up some of her suffering if he could.

Later as we rode back on Marine One to the White House, no one spoke.

But as the helicopter took off, the president looked at me and said, “That mama sure was mad at me.” Then he turned to look out the window of the helicopter. “And I don’t blame her a bit.”

One tear slipped out the side of his eye and down his face. He didn’t wipe it away, and we flew back to the White House.

ibid

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
2017-10-17t03-00-35-4z--1280x720.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

The President and First Lady console Paul and Janet, parents of Army Sgt. 1st Class Jared C. Monti, who had just been awarded posthumously with the Medal of Honor for his actions in Afghanistan. This was the first of 52 Medals of Honor, the nation’s highest award for military valor, that President Obama bestowed during his two terms. I also photographed him meeting with hundreds of wounded soldiers, and family members of those killed in action.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-s-false-claim-about-obama-fallen-soldiers-n811206

Trump is truly a despicable human being.

Danoh

Bush took him to the woodshed over his lie about previous presidents not calling the families of fallen soldiers. When someone asked Trump why he hadn't done this, he replied that he was about to do it, and the letters were going out that night.

Which sounds a little odd, but here he got himself in trouble was in claiming that previous presidents didn't do that. Bush quite rightly let him have it for that whopper.

Far as I know, Obama blew it off as Trump being himself, but at least one former Obama staffer let Trump have it for his lies. Her description of his behavior ("deranged animal") was kind, compared to some of the responses from families who had lost soldiers.

But for Trump and many of his followers, truth means nothing at all.

Trump is merely the latest face of his supporters.

You'll note for example, that his supporters were the way they are, way before Trump was even an issue.

And such are so clueless in this about themselves, that when such are referred to as "Trump supporters" they actually conclude, one is talking about Trump, not about the actual issue - what their support of such a vile individual says about the low morals such actually hold to; despite their claims otherwise.

And this is being noted by many about such outside of TOL, as well.

The Scripture refers to such as the "baser sort."

The 1st Century's both Jerry Springer participants - and his audience.

Acts 17:5 But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

Trump himself would be the lewd fellow within said baser sort.

Thus, his values, actions, and even his speech patterns.

He does not sound like an Archie Bunker by coincidence.

He is the Archie of that corrupt loading dock leadership that inhabits Archie's world in real life New York.

Again, he is merely the latest face of what his supposed Christian supporters actually hold to as moral values, regardless of what they assert otherwise.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Would you explain just exactly what "draining the swamp" means and how Establishment President Donald Trump is doing that?

So cutting back on the enormous amount of federal jobs that Trump's predecessor B. Hussein Obama created means "draining the swamp"?

The way Donald the Degenerate used the term meant that government will be honest once again.
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-does-drain-the-swamp-mean-was-dc-built-on-a-swamp-2016-11

How much money do you believe is being spent by federal prosecutors investigating Trump and his inner circle for their corrupt ties to Russia?

Then there's the lobbyists and DC insiders that the degenerate surrounds himself with:
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-transition-team-washington-insiders-2016-11

Again: just exactly does "draining the swamp" mean?

fool

Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Would you explain just exactly what "draining the swamp" means and how Establishment President Donald Trump is doing that?

So cutting back on the enormous amount of federal jobs that Trump's predecessor B. Hussein Obama created means "draining the swamp"?

The way Donald the Degenerate used the term meant that government will be honest once again.
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-does-drain-the-swamp-mean-was-dc-built-on-a-swamp-2016-11

How much money do you believe is being spent by federal prosecutors investigating Trump and his inner circle for their corrupt ties to Russia?

Then there's the lobbyists and DC insiders that the degenerate surrounds himself with:
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-transition-team-washington-insiders-2016-11

Again: just exactly does "draining the swamp" mean?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/21/politics/trump-jfk-documents/index.html
Trump plans to release classified JFK documents.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
When Bush left office he said that Obama "Deserved his silence".
Reasonable I thought at the time. The new President, even if you don't like him, has the toughest job in the World. I'm disappointed that Gee Dub forgot he said that.
He may have just wanted to retire from public life, but now he feels that he needs to resurface.

I wonder if the tradition of former POTUSs not criticizing successors is a relic of patriarchy, that borders on Fuhrerprinzip. Perhaps, it's good to see it go. I see a lot of good things happening because of President Trump, that I am virtually certain are not by anybody's design. I think that the American Constitution is just getting a good workout right now, and it is in prime, peak, and mid-season form. We are all definitely learning a lot of civics, while we watch this whole thing unfold (the Trump presidency).
What we see here is the ruling class rebuking the working class for electing someone not from the ruling class.

Obama was a 45 year old junior Senator from Illinois with a whole 2 years in Washington under his belt when he announced. Nobody batted an eye.

A 69 year old New York Billionaire rides the gold escalator down to the lobby of the gold plated sky scraper with his name on the front and announces and people are pointing and laughing.

Because he's from the wrong class.

They're not laughing anymore.
Who's the ruling class?