Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
if i get an annulment of the seven Big Macs i ate last night, does that mean the calories don't count?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
For the purposes of this thread, I'd like to point out that annullment doesn't mean divorce. Divorce is the dissolution of an existing marriage. Annullment means that no marriage existed in the first place. The tribunal doesn't dissolve marriages or "annul" marriages. They simply recognize that no valid marriage existed in the first place, given the evidence.

and what might the evidence be?

republicanchick

Martin Luther would be proud of you. He knew the pope was wrong on 95 points and said so.

your ignorance of history is showing ONCE AGAIN

I'm just SOOOO shocked!!

uh... yeh... The Church only disagreed with something like HALF of his 95 Thesis...

also you show something besides ignorance:

the willingness to trust a HUMAN (Luther) over the Historical Church

telling

___

Caledvwlch

shows what u know

I would enlighten you, but i hav learned... anti-Catholics are the most closd minded of all... so won't waste my time

I'm not an anti-Catholic, any more than I'm anti-any-religion-at-all. But I have a hard time imagining how the Historical Church could be anything but people. What, were there centaurs or something?

republicanchick

I'm not an anti-Catholic, any more than I'm anti-any-religion-at-all. But I have a hard time imagining how the Historical Church could be anything but people. What, were there centaurs or something?

you don't care about Jesus, His Church or the truth

so I am outa here

++:sheep:

republicanchick

if this pope is saying that those who lving in sin (and having a valid marriage but being intimately involved w/ someone not your spouse IS that)

he is the worst kind of heretic, needs to be deposed

that said, I have yet to see any proof of this...

and since I have trust issues, i am wondering... how exactly I would find out the truth... There are MANY untrustworthy people in the Catholic Church...

____

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
[Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier by Delia Gallagher and Daniel Burke CNN] :eek:linger: "Pope Francis on Tuesday radically revised the process by which Catholics may annul their marriages, streamlining steps that many in the church considered too cumbersome and costly.

The move is the latest in a series of reforms by Francis as he seeks to make the church more responsive to the real needs of lay Catholics, especially those who have long felt marginalized by the hierarchy. Without the annulments, Catholics who remarry are not allowed to receive Holy Communion, which many describe as a painful exclusion from the church's chief sacrament.

The Vatican announcement also comes just weeks before Francis makes his first-ever visit to the United States. Americans accounted for about half of the nearly 50,000 annulments granted in 2012, the latest year for which statistics are available.

"This move is in accord with the Pope's oft-repeated image of the Church as a 'field hospital' that goes out to meet people where they are most in need, and then to treat their most serious wounds first -- rather than stay at home and wait for people to come to them," said the Rev. James Bretzke, an expert on papal affairs at Boston College..." Full text: Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier Rom. 7:2, 3

DriveThrough.png

Well, there goes that infallibility thing.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
what's the difference?

Divorce dissolves an existing marriage.

Annulment is the juridical recognition that no valid marriage existed in the first place.

Example: A valid marriage requires knowledge and intent on the part of the spouses. They have to know that to which they are saying "yes" when they say "I do." If it is found that the parties were so psychologically immature and poorly informed when they said "I do" that they could not have knowingly and intentionally contracted a marriage, then the tribunal can formally recognize that their alleged marriage was not, in fact, a marriage.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Divorce dissolves an existing marriage.

Annulment is the juridical recognition that no valid marriage existed in the first place.

Example: A valid marriage requires knowledge and intent on the part of the spouses. They have to know that to which they are saying "yes" when they say "I do." If it is found that the parties were so psychologically immature and poorly informed when they said "I do" that they could not have knowingly and intentionally contracted a marriage, then the tribunal can formally recognize that their alleged marriage was not, in fact, a marriage.

so how does God join them together?