Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier by Delia Gallagher and Daniel Burke CNN] :eek:linger: "Pope Francis on Tuesday radically revised the process by which Catholics may annul their marriages, streamlining steps that many in the church considered too cumbersome and costly.

The move is the latest in a series of reforms by Francis as he seeks to make the church more responsive to the real needs of lay Catholics, especially those who have long felt marginalized by the hierarchy. Without the annulments, Catholics who remarry are not allowed to receive Holy Communion, which many describe as a painful exclusion from the church's chief sacrament.

The Vatican announcement also comes just weeks before Francis makes his first-ever visit to the United States. Americans accounted for about half of the nearly 50,000 annulments granted in 2012, the latest year for which statistics are available.

"This move is in accord with the Pope's oft-repeated image of the Church as a 'field hospital' that goes out to meet people where they are most in need, and then to treat their most serious wounds first -- rather than stay at home and wait for people to come to them," said the Rev. James Bretzke, an expert on papal affairs at Boston College..." Full text: Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier Rom. 7:2, 3

DriveThrough.png

republicanchick

He's working hard to gain Sodomite (heterosexual [Lev. 20:10–12] or homosexual [Lev. 20:10,13) support. :eek:linger: Mt 19:6, 1 Co 6:9-10

:greedy: Catholics come home. :freak:

come home?

we are at home.. in the Catholic Church b/c that is the ONE Christ founded, and there is and always will be only ONE Church

so far I have not seen any clear evidence that Pope F is a heretic. I admit I am not as educated on him as I would like 2b...

But even if he were the worst heretic since... Martin Luther (who divided the Church in the 16th century)

the pope is not the entire Church

There are MILLIONS of us who KNOW the truth... who know that if... say the pope talks about changing, say, the Church's views on artif birth control... or tries to get everyone else in the Church to agree... well, there are, again, MILLIONS of us who know that that is WRONG...

he is just one Catholic..

It is all those victims of Luther who need to come home to Christ's Church

__

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

come home?

we are at home.. in the Catholic Church b/c that is the ONE Christ founded, and there is and always will be only ONE Church

so far I have not seen any clear evidence that Pope F is a heretic. I admit I am not as educated on him as I would like 2b...

But even if he were the worst heretic since... Martin Luther (who divided the Church in the 16th century)

There are MILLIONS of us who KNOW the truth... who know that if... say the pope talks about changing, say, the Church's views on artif birth control... or tries to get everyone else in the Church to agree... well, there are, again, MILLIONS of us who know that that is WRONG...

__

Martin Luther would be proud of you. He knew the pope was wrong on 95 points and said so.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yet another clueless conclusion posted by serpent. :yawn:

Anyone honestly interested in what the pope actually said may see this.

ok, so i opened the link and there's a picture of the pope saying nine things about annulment and the first one is:

"whatever serpentdove said was right! :banana: "

and the second one is:

"cruciform is full of cannoli! :devil: "

Cruciform

ok, so i opened the link and there's a picture of the pope saying nine things about annulment and the first one is: "whatever serpentdove said was right!" and the second one is: "cruciform is full of cannoli!"
Come back if you ever manage to come up with something sensible to offer.

MarcATL

come home?

__
Don't you believe that the Pope is infallible though?

Dan Emanuel

[Pope Francis makes annulment of marriages cheaper and easier...
It so happen's, but that wasn't the point, which is clear to anybody who hasn't so much hatred in there eye's as you do. :rolleyes:

... by Delia Gallagher and Daniel Burke CNN] :eek:linger: "Pope Francis on Tuesday radically revised the process by which Catholics may annul their marriages, streamlining steps that many in the church considered too cumbersome and costly.

The move is the latest in a series of reforms by Francis as he seeks to make the church more responsive to the real needs of lay Catholics, especially those who have long felt marginalized by the hierarchy. ...
:AMR: What is the problem with that.
...Without the annulments, Catholics who remarry are not allowed to receive Holy Communion, which many describe as a painful exclusion from the church's chief sacrament. ...
It is a painful exclusion, but its a just exclusion; and a safe 1 (ref. 1 Corinthians 11:27 KJV). Intentionally painful in the way that a parents sharp reprimand is loving. The Church is our Mother.
...The Vatican announcement also comes just weeks before Francis makes his first-ever visit to the United States. Americans accounted for about half of the nearly 50,000 annulments granted in 2012, the latest year for which statistics are available. ...
America has the second largest population of Jewish people, second only to Israel.
..."This move is in accord with the Pope's oft-repeated image of the Church as a 'field hospital' that goes out to meet people where they are most in need, and then to treat their most serious wounds first -- rather than stay at home and wait for people to come to them," said the Rev. James Bretzke, an expert on papal affairs at Boston College..."...
That sound's great. Whats the problem with this?
Why can't the Church just assume that when somebody say's their not really married, that there telling the truth, and move on? Why does the Church have to hand-hold us when we're old enough to know better? If we are invalidly married, then we're not really married and we should either have it nullified or make it valid if possible. This is ridiculous, and a non-issue.

And, how is it that you've got me as a non-Trinitarian and a Salvation-by-work's heretic?

DJ

Cruciform

How are they defining it?
CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH:

INFALLIBILITY: The gift of the Holy Spirit to the Church whereby the pastors of the Church---the pope and bishops in union with him---can definitively proclaim a doctrine of faith or morals for the belief of the faithful [Glossary].

891 The Roman Pontiff, head of the college of bishops, enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office when, as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful---who confirms his brethren in the faith---he proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals... The infallibility promised to the Church is also present in the body of bishops when, together with Peter's successor [the pope], they exercise the supreme Magisterium [teaching office], above all in an Ecumenical Council. When the Church through its supreme Magisterium proposes a doctrine for belief as being divinely revealed, and as the teaching of Christ, the definitions must be adhered to with the obedience of faith. This infallibility extends as far as the deposit of divine Revelation itself.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Don't you believe that the Pope is infallible though?

The pope speaks infallibly in certain conditions. I'm not entirely sure on what those exact circumstances are, but I know that there are circumstances. Google it.

I think what it comes out to is that the pope has to be intending to teach the entire Church a matter of faith/doctrine or morals. I.e., he has to intend to be exercising his magisterial/teaching office as supreme pontiff of the universal church.

Any other time, the pope is not infallible. If he says "pizza is the best food," while I should take his opinion seriously, I ultimately am not a heretic if I disagree.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
For the purposes of this thread, I'd like to point out that annullment doesn't mean divorce. Divorce is the dissolution of an existing marriage. Annullment means that no marriage existed in the first place. The tribunal doesn't dissolve marriages or "annul" marriages. They simply recognize that no valid marriage existed in the first place, given the evidence.