Paul's Glorious Gospel

Epoisses

So how do you practice that?

You are not authority to tell anyone who is accepted or not.

The bible says your old man or your old Adamic nature needs to be crucified. The old man wants to justify itself by what it does instead of what Christ has already accomplished. Everything necessary for your Salvation is finished and complete in Christ so there is nothing for you to do except believe it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The bible says your old man or your old Adamic nature needs to be crucified. The old man wants to justify itself by what it does instead of what Christ has already accomplished. Everything necessary for your Salvation is finished and complete in Christ so there is nothing for you to do except believe it.

Nope, Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands".

Without loving Jesus, there is no salvation, period.

Lon

You can't preach the good news of Salvation to the lost if Christ didn't actually die for them. This why it's important and why Clavinist's misrepresent Christ with their arrogant and holier than thou attitudes like Truster and the like.
When Billy Graham came through my city, many Presbyterian churches were involved. Anybody, including a Calvinist, can share scriptures. I generally use the Romans Road: All have sinned Romans 3:23...while we were yet sinners Romans 5:8 (and John 3:16).... the result of sin is death Romans 6:23 and finally Romans 10:9,10 That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. I normally recommend Ephesians 2:8,9 for new believers as their 2nd or 3rd memory verse.

I always smile at John W's use of "Clavinists." Most people liked Cliff Clavin. MAD is just as holier-than-thou. Everybody that has a grasp of scripture they feel confident/believe, exude that confidence. I see it as a good thing, if annoying. Granted, we are all supposed to be doing this in humility. Add an education to anything and the pride is twice as hard to keep down. -Lon

Eagles Wings

You can't preach the good news of Salvation to the lost if Christ didn't actually die for them. This why it's important and why Clavinist's misrepresent Christ with their arrogant and holier than thou attitudes like Truster and the like.
Truster hates Calvinism, like you do. Two peas in a pod.

Lon

Nope, Jesus says "if you love Me, keep My commands".

Without loving Jesus, there is no salvation, period.
You are conflating 'love' with 'salvation.' We have to try to not import ideas into scripture but what is already there.

He gave two commands: Love God, love people. He said if you do it well, you will have fulfilled the rest of the rules you'd want to obey.

Most of us that argue with you, it is about whether your order of things is correct. You: to be a Christian transform yourself by keeping His words.
Us: to be a Christian, God must transform you from sin to life, then you will new-naturedly keep His commands with Him living inside you Ephesians 2:10

meshak

BANNED
Banned
to be a Christian, God must transform you from sin to life, then you will new-naturedly keep His commands with Him living inside you Ephesians 2:10

If you are transformed, you will strive to keep His commands.

You will cherish His teachings. Without honoring Jesus' teachings, it is fruitless faith and is fake.

That's why Jesus' says we know them by their fruit.

Truster

What he does not realize is that he is practicing Calvin's teachings.

Talk about blindness.

The doctrines of grace were taught to and passed on by Adam. Abraham had them and they went with the tribe down to Egypt and came forth from Egypt in the hands of Moses...

The first argument over the doctrines of grace caused blood to be shed, between twin brothers, and the death of one.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The doctrines of grace were taught to and passed on by Adam. Abraham had them and they went with the tribe down to Egypt and came forth from Egypt in the hands of Moses...

The first argument over the doctrines of grace caused blood to be shed, between twin brothers, and the death of one.

Jesus did not teach "faith only" gospel. It is Calvin or Paul's teaching.

Lon

If you are transformed, you will strive to keep His commands.

You will cherish His teachings. Without honoring Jesus' teachings, it is fruitless faith and is fake.

That's why Jesus' says we know them by their fruit.
We do. I just said that. The only point we'd disagree with is a difference between love and salvation. 1 John 4:18

God's Truth

Jesus did not teach "faith only" gospel. It is Calvin or Paul's teaching.

Stop saying Paul taught falseness.

Just because people taught wrong about what Paul says, it does not mean they are right.

You condemn Paul because of the false teachings of faith alone people.

What's wrong with you?

God's Truth

There is only one Gospel, and Paul himself calls it is God's Gospel, the Gospel of Christ, Paul's Gospel, and OUR GOSPEL.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Stop saying Paul taught falseness.

Just because people taught wrong about what Paul says, it does not mean they are right.

You condemn Paul because of the false teachings of faith alone people.

What's wrong with you?

Paul was a faith alone person.

God's Truth

I am not a calvinist.

You are a Calvinist. Calvinism is rampant and you got taken in by it in your neck of the woods.

You believe just like the Calvinists do, and that is that you were saved while you hated God.

No such evil teaching in the Bible. In fact that teaching goes against what God says.

God says He saves those who love Him.