Paul's Glorious Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul wrote, "But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. In whom the God of this world has blinded the minds of them which do not believe, lest the GLORIOUS Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God should shine unto them" 2 Corinthians 4:3, 4.

The God of this world blinds people to Paul's glorious Gospel through religion. I have found that it is much easier to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ that are not religious. The hardest people to reach are those that have been indoctrinated into a religion for a number of years. I believe that many of them are what I call, "Religious reprobates". The ones that accepted Jesus as their savior in the New Testament were not the religious Pharisees, they were tax collectors, thieves, prostitutes, etc.

The religious find the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be offensive, because it is not about them. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and his work of redemption. We had no part in it. We are like spectators watching this marvelous event unfold in the pages of the Bible. It is almost like watching a football game. Our team "humanity" verses Satan and the world. The ball is thrown, our substitute (Jesus) catches the ball runs through the opposing team and makes a touch down and wins the game. We jump up and scream "We have won!" It is as simple as that. Our team won. The big question is whose team are you on?

The "good news" of the Gospel is that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and has thrown the gates of heaven wide open, so that, "Whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13. We don't have to defeat sin, death and the devil because Jesus already has. We who are saved rest in that fact. "We have entered into HIS rest" Hebrews 4:10. The religious have not entered into his rest. They are busy, busy, busy, trying to be good enough to be saved. It is not possible to be good enough to be saved. Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. If anyone is to be saved salvation must come to them totally and completely outside of themselves. Thank God that it has in the person of Jesus Christ.

Truster

I take it that you don't care for Paul's Gospel.

The evangelism is and was complete in Messiah before the foundation of the world. Because you haven't got a clue as to the correct and conveyed message in the word evangel you get very, very confused and make all the wrong assumptions.
Reading the Bible without understanding the meaning of the words within means you'll never know what was in the mind of the Spirit. Repeating words parrot fashion without comprehension is very dangerous as you continually prove.
In a preface to Romans someone advised not to even start reading until you understand what words like law, trust, repentance, heart and so on mean. To that I say amen. Do you even know the meaning of amen?

...Roberto quickly Googles amen...

Robert Pate

Banned
The evangelism is and was complete in Messiah before the foundation of the world. Because you haven't got a clue as to the correct and conveyed message in the word evangel you get very, very confused and make all the wrong assumptions.
Reading the Bible without understanding the meaning of the words within means you'll never know what was in the mind of the Spirit. Repeating words parrot fashion without comprehension is very dangerous as you continually prove.
In a preface to Romans someone advised not to even start reading until you understand what words like law, trust, repentance, heart and so on mean. To that I say amen. Do you even know the meaning of amen?

...Roberto quickly Googles amen...

The Gospel message is very clear to those who want to hear it and believe it and be saved.

Jesus has justified the ungodly Romans 4:5 and has victoriously reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

It appears that you don't believe any of that. Maybe its because what you believe is not in the Bible.

Where is your scripture?

Truster

Quote Roberto,
"The Gospel message is very clear to those who want to hear it and believe it and be saved".

Those words will be playing over and over again as you burn...as torment and dread condensed and with vengeance flood your being in outer darkness that is the Lake of Fire.

Unless you are converted, made regenerate and granted repentance. In which case you will think that you're going to drown in you own tear, because of your vile words.

"Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations".

Robert Pate

Banned
Quote Roberto,
"The Gospel message is very clear to those who want to hear it and believe it and be saved".

Those words will be playing over and over again as you burn...as torment and dread condensed and with vengeance flood your being in outer darkness that is the Lake of Fire.

Unless you are converted, made regenerate and granted repentance. In which case you will think that you're going to drown in you own tear, because of your vile words.

"Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations".

I can't be lost because my life is already hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

I have been a Christian for almost 50 years and you want to tell me how to be saved?

But you reject the saving work of Christ and his Gospel and in doing so condemn yourself.

Truster

I can't be lost because my life is already hid with Christ in God, Colossians 3:3.

I have been a Christian for almost 50 years and you want to tell me how to be saved?

But you reject the saving work of Christ and his Gospel and in doing so condemn yourself.

Your words betray you. You have the words that proceed from the pit. Your words glorify man and not The Messiah. The office of the Holy Spirit is to glorify The Messiah, but your words don't. Therefore you are anti-Messiah, even though you profess and claim Him. He will not claim you.

Epoisses

Your words betray you. You have the words that proceed from the pit. Your words glorify man and not The Messiah. The office of the Holy Spirit is to glorify The Messiah, but your words don't. Therefore you are anti-Messiah, even though you profess and claim Him. He will not claim you.

Your words betray you as well English Episcopal or Anglican or whatever you are. James said we are justified by our works - how does that fit into your gospel?

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? James 2:20,21

He basically said the exact opposite of Paul and then used Rahab the lying prostitute as an example - just classic James.

Truster

What's a work of trust? Lying to protect the Hebrew spies was acceptable to James. Rahab was justified by lying.

Try reading 11:31 of Hebrews, before commenting on why Rehab did not "perish with them that trusted not". She was justified despite lying and not because of it. Not by works.

Epoisses

Try reading 11:31 of Hebrews, before commenting on why Rehab did not "perish with them that trusted not". She was justified despite lying and not because of it. Not by works.

There are works that God performs in and thru us (good works) and

There are human works where we merit our standing with God (bad works)

Did you see that Truster, not all works are bad!

Robert Pate

Banned

Nothing brings more glory to God and his Son Jesus Christ than when a repentant sinner calls on Christ to save him.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Your brand of Christianity is foreign to the Bible.

Truster

Nothing brings more glory to God and his Son Jesus Christ than when a repentant sinner calls on Christ to save him.

"Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Your brand of Christianity is foreign to the Bible.

Drop the auxiliary verbs and it ceases to be an instruction and becomes what it was meant to convey. A statement of fact after the action has been completed.

"Whosoever call on the name of Yah Veh be saved".

Salvation having taken place the regenerated sinner calls out.

beloved57

pateism the inglorious gospel. Its a false gospel that teaches sinners Christ died for are still lost !

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't believe that Christ death alone saved them He died for! That's unbelief

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

You are to proud and arrogant to call on Christ to save you. Instead you want to be saved some other way. There is no other way, Jesus is the only way, John 14:6. If you don't call on him to save you, you will burn in hell.

beloved57

You are to proud and arrogant to call on Christ to save you. Instead you want to be saved some other way. There is no other way, Jesus is the only way, John 14:6. If you don't call on him to save you, you will burn in hell.

You don't believe that Christ death saves!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app