Pastor brags about punching kid in the chest

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do understand that punching someone in the chest could kill them, right? Officer.

Doormat brought that up.

BUT...

we don't know if Ben was a 6'5" 300 lb. lineman for his high school football team or a 5 ft nuttin 98 lb. weakling.

I'm thinking that the youth pastor wouldn't have hit him hard if he were the latter.

The bottom line here is this:

Does punishment (in this case corporal punishment for an unruly Christian teenager), help lead people down the road of righteousness?

According to the clip that a God HATING atheist showed us, it did.

If you don't believe so, make your case.

musterion

First he justified not sharing Christ with lost Mormons on his porch because they're his fellow conservatives, thus right enough with God.

Now he repeatedly justifies a false pastor's violence. Doesn't matter WHO he struck or how old. A pastor is commanded NOT TO BE VIOLENT, and the guy boasted that he was.

Take note, all non-Christians: ACW does not believe the Bible. Speaking only for myself, I do not consider him saved, so please use caution in using him as an example of what all Christians are or are supposed to be, in case you're inclined to do so.

Quincy

Yea, of course. Violence falls on to the person performing it only. The bible instructs discipline by the rod, or small limb for means of spiritual correction. It's not meant to say.... break a collar bone or ribs like a punch to the chest as hard as you can would, potentially. When I said religious establishment, I meant it quite specifically the ones that would be ok this. I don't think there's very many of them and the bible doesn't teach this.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Doormat brought that up.

BUT...

we don't know if Ben was a 6'5" 300 lb. lineman for his high school football team or a 5 ft nuttin 98 lb. weakling.

And yet you are cheering on a supposed pastor for assaulting a child ... who was not even his own kid.

I'm thinking that the youth pastor wouldn't have hit him hard if he were the latter.

Considering he shouldn't have hit him at all, your *thinking* is impaired.

The bottom line here is this:

Does punishment (in this case corporal punishment for an unruly Christian teenager), help lead people down the road of righteousness?

It wasn't *corporal punishment*. It was an assault. Assaulting a teenager and then going on to BRAG about showed him as nothing more than a child abusing bully and braggart.

According to the clip that a God HATING atheist showed us, it did.

If you don't believe so, make your case.

Already did. Pastor. Was. Abusive. Officer. Approves. Of this abuse.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see that musty is just obsessed with me.

I'll make my Biblical point and then let the piranha's take over the thread:

Holy Scripture is full of verses that talks about children that disobey their parents (i.e. authority).

http://www.openbible.info/topics/disobeying_your_parents

Based on the evidence before us, the parents of the teenager we know as "Ben", entrusted their son to the youth minister of their church, and unless one of you want to do your homework and see if said youth pastor was brought up on criminal charges for giving "Ben" a much needed punch, then obviously the parents were thankful and approved.

Respect righteous authority, God demands it of us (even you musty).

Christian Liberty

First he justified not sharing Christ with lost Mormons on his porch because they're his fellow conservatives, thus right enough with God.

Now he repeatedly justifies a false pastor's violence. Doesn't matter WHO he struck or how old. A pastor is commanded NOT TO BE VIOLENT, and the guy boasted that he was.

Take note, all non-Christians: ACW does not believe the Bible. Speaking only for myself, I do not consider him saved, so please use caution in using him as an example of what all Christians are or are supposed to be, in case you're inclined to do so.

:up:
I don't know if even he would admit it, but I am convinced ACW is fully prepared to kill people for the glory of God (meaning the U.S. and conservatism) if he had a way to justify it in the name of God.

Yep... sounds like typical neoconservatism to me...

Arthur Brain

Straightening out a good kid is "abusive" Sandy?

No, punching a kid full force in the chest is abuse Connie. I would have thought as a *cop* you would have been aware of this. Tell me, if this guy had punched the kid in the head to 'straighten' him out would you have approved in much the same way?

Lon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q19qRUBj-ic&feature=youtu.be

"He was a dangerously bright kid...and he kinda wasn't taking the lord serious, so I went *bam* and I punched him right in the chest as hard as I could and I just crumpled the kid. I just crumpled him. There's times that that might be needed"
It is anecdotal with nothing else to back it up one way or the other. I'd suggest either reporting it to CPS or letting it go. I'm not sure discussing it on TOL is going anywhere. My 2 cents, probably not worth even that...

Arthur Brain

It is anecdotal with nothing else to back it up one way or the other. I'd suggest either reporting it to CPS or letting it go. I'm not sure discussing it on TOL is going anywhere. My 2 cents, probably not worth even that...

Well if nothing else discussing it brings the cranks out of the woodwork...

You're right in that it's simply anecdotal although I suspect he wasn't making it up. However, advocating that such assault may 'be needed at times' is something that needs addressing.

Quincy

I have my doubts about whether it even happened, since you'd think the boy would have been taken to the ER after getting punched in the chest by a grown man, as hard as the man could punch. He would have got charged then, one would hope. We'd need more information than what the video gives but uh, regardless, on principal it would be a dumb thing to do by a guy who'd rather trust violence instead of faith in God to do his work.

What probably happened, was a case of a hot-headed preacher getting mad at a smart-alec kid and he smacked him on shoulder, turning it into some big deal during his sermon.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

No.

Were you led down the road of righteousness by being punished for your sins or by being shown mercy?

I know that this answer will send you and your liberal buddy Doom into cardiac arrest, but here it goes:

I was spanked as a kid when I was unruly and it made me see the straight and narrow that much clearer.

GASP!!!

(neither of you can relate to that "spare the rod, spoil the child" verse from Holy Scripture obviously).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, punching a kid full force in the chest is abuse Connie. I would have thought as a *cop* you would have been aware of this. Tell me, if this guy had punched the kid in the head to 'straighten' him out would you have approved in much the same way?

You're once again showing that you never played sports Art (I suppose ping pong is a sport, for those that don't want to break a fingernail).

Hitting someone in the chest is quite different than hitting someone in the head.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"He was a dangerously bright kid...and he kinda wasn't taking the lord serious, so I went *bam* and I punched him right in the chest as hard as I could and I just crumpled the kid. I just crumpled him. There's times that that might be needed"
A Christian claims to have done something that deserves police attention.

Therefore... something. :idunno:

Evolutionists hate a rational discussion.

Doom

I know that this answer will send you and your liberal buddy Doom into cardiac arrest, but here it goes:
I'm far more conservative than a prig like you. I just happen to think that spanking my own children is a far cry from assaulting someone else's teenager with my fist. Obviously, that's how you do things.

I was spanked as a kid when I was unruly and it made me see the straight and narrow that much clearer.
That's a far cry from assaulting someone else's child with a punch in the chest from an adult.

(neither of you can relate to that "spare the rod, spoil the child" verse from Holy Scripture obviously).
Not sure I've ever encountered anyone as stupid as you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

I'm far more conservative than a prig like you. I just happen to think that spanking my own children is a far cry from assaulting someone else's teenager with my fist. Obviously, that's how you do things.

Follow up on the case, see if the parents disapproved and filed criminal charges and/or if the youth pastor was disciplined. I'm sure the atheist that posted the video can assist you in your investigation.

Quote:

That's a far cry from assaulting someone else's child with a punch in the chest from an adult.

Be sure to get back to us on your investigation on whether or not the parents filed charges or if the youth pastor was disciplined.

Quote:

Not sure I've ever encountered anyone as stupid as you.

(It's my 3 part WHMBR! thread that really has sent Doom into a tizzy).

Doom

Follow up on the case, see if the parents disapproved and filed criminal charges and/or if the youth pastor was disciplined.
No need. The fact that you defend this kind of behavior is all we need to know about what kind of a person you are. If it was my son, you'd be eating soup through a straw for a very long time.