Pastor brags about punching kid in the chest

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yep, sometimes a punch in the chest is needed. Remember all those times JTB, Jesus, Peter, and Paul went around punching people. :plain:

Oh wait...:liberals:

Selaphiel

I usually go for the suplex when converting people. :plain:

I have a feeling that what this pastor was really worried about was that the kid wasn't taking him very seriously.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I usually go for the suplex when converting people. :plain:

I have a feeling that what this pastor was really worried about was that the kid wasn't taking him very seriously.
Probably.

I don't know what happened but that kid should have told his parents and his parents should have gone to the head pastor and that guy should have been fired. Although, he probably would have punched the head pastor too for not taking God seriously. :plain:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Bingo. This guy was playing at being the Lord and so he felt justified in hitting someone to make his point.

God can do what he wants, right? So if someone really annoys him he can just hit them. Hows that for apologetics?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One ... the *pastor* could be lying. Two, if he isn't, why are the parent's not bringing charges against him for assaulting a minor?

The only point the pastor made is that he is an abusive creep.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q19qRUBj-ic&feature=youtu.be

"He was a dangerously bright kid...and he kinda wasn't taking the lord serious, so I went *bam* and I punched him right in the chest as hard as I could and I just crumpled the kid. I just crumpled him. There's times that that might be needed"

"...and I lead that young man [Ben] to the Lord right there."

Don't you atheists and pagans just hate it when not all Christian pastors are limp wristed?

Quincy

Yea, that's indicative of where the religious establishment is today.

Notice he said things about the kid being too smart or too bright for his own good and being dangerous. Why is he dangerous? Because he wasn't credulous, he wasn't easy to convince of whatever the pastor believes. That right there is probably why some people are against public schooling. They'll lie and say alternatives are better but it's really all about making sure people aren't too smart to believe what they do.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notice he said things about the kid being too smart or too bright for his own good and being dangerous. Why is he dangerous? Because he wasn't credulous, he wasn't easy to convince of whatever the pastor believes...

The kid was dangerous because he was a "know it all" teenager. Thankfully the pastor gave the kid a wakeup call.

musterion

Based on the clip, he is in unrepentant violation of Paul's rules for leadership as plainly stated in 1 Timothy 3:3, 2 Tim 2:24, 2 Tim 3:2, Titus 1:7 and Titus 3:2. Regardless of whatever he or his flock may think, the hireling is already disqualified from all service for Christ.

Christian Liberty

Yea, that's indicative of where the religious establishment is today.

Notice he said things about the kid being too smart or too bright for his own good and being dangerous. Why is he dangerous? Because he wasn't credulous, he wasn't easy to convince of whatever the pastor believes. That right there is probably why some people are against public schooling. They'll lie and say alternatives are better but it's really all about making sure people aren't too smart to believe what they do.

Despite being a Christian myself, and of quite the "fundamentalist" variety, I agree with you on this.

I don't disagree with the core of the faith I was taught, but I did come to disagree on some smaller topics. But, when I was younger there was a time in my life when I hated God. Had my parents or pastor responded to my issues by punching me, I doubt I would have stayed a Christian for very long.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that aCW would condone this. I wouldn't let him near my kids, if I had kids.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Based on the clip, he is in unrepentant violation of Paul's rules for leadership as plainly stated in 1 Timothy 3:3, 2 Tim 2:24, 2 Tim 3:2, Titus 1:7 and Titus 3:2. Regardless of whatever he or his flock may think, the hireling is already disqualified from all service for Christ.

(i.e. he'll never be a youth pastor at musty's church).

Sometimes people just need a cold slap musty...

deal with it.

Thanks, I needed that!

musterion

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that aCW would condone this.

I don't know if even he would admit it, but I am convinced ACW is fully prepared to kill people for the glory of God (meaning the U.S. and conservatism) if he had a way to justify it in the name of God.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that aCW would condone this.

I don't know if even he would admit it, but I am convinced ACW is fully prepared to kill people for the glory of God (meaning the U.S. and conservatism) if he had a way to justify it in the name of God.

This is why "Christians" like musterion scare me to death:

They compare a youth pastor hitting a smart-aleck kid in the chest to killing people.