pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

kenjacobsen

Killing does not necessarily mean murder, there is a difference. A difference that you have somehow missed.

Loving your neighbor is like concentric circles where your closest neighbor is your family, then those who need help, then friends and acquaintances, then your adversaries such as Satan and Satan inspired persons.

The military and law enforcement officers who kill in defense of themselves or others don't hate the person, they hate the person's actions.

Loving your enemy means respecting their humanity but not their evil actions.

Jesus loves his enemies but will kill them if need be. God loved Ananias and Sapphira but hated their actions and relieved them of life.

We are called on to judge righteous judgment in mercy and love, but that does not preclude the death penalty for capital crimes. I believe it is much more merciful to execute persons who commit capital crimes than to cage a person for life without parole. We can deal with them in the second resurrection. No problem. We kill the body but not the soul. Jesus said the flesh profits nothing.

Please give me an example of Jesus killing an enemy.
He chose instead to be killed by his enemies -to be slowly tortured to death rather than fight back.
Have you ever read the gospels? Do you not believe that what it says actually happened?
Why claim to be a Christian and openly reject Jesus' example?
Who are you going to fool?

HisServant

The military is a necessary evil. In the early church, we see members forbidden to join the military, but those who are already in are encouraged to fulfill their duties to the best of their abilities. We also see former military people being required to seek an equal time in penance, when they were forbidden to teach and lead within the church.

Overall, we are called to live peaceably with everyone, to love and pray for our enemies. Civil government is not the domain of the church and should always be viewed as separate and should never be mixed with religion, for the government holds the power of the sword for our own good and protection.

That said, I believe that Jesus' preaching was one of practical pacifism.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You believe Jesus loves you?
Absolutely!

Then why do you respond by loudly and proudly despising what he taught, rejecting the example he set and mocking his Spirit?
I loudly and proudly proclaim what the scriptures say.
Romans 5 KJV​
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

It's not my righteousness or obedience that saved me.
I'm not the one.

If Jesus were around today you'd be laughing at him and mocking him as he hung on the cross, for refusing to take up arms and defend himself.
Are you sure what you just said is truth?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Please give me an example of Jesus killing an enemy.
He chose instead to be killed by his enemies -to be slowly tortured to death rather than fight back.
Have you ever read the gospels? Do you not believe that what it says actually happened?
Why claim to be a Christian and openly reject Jesus' example?
Who are you going to fool?

What church/denomination are you affiliated with?

kenjacobsen

I'm only nine years old. I'm quite brilliant, for a nine year old, don't you reckon, Hop Sing? And Professor Demas is ignorant, not knowing the biblical principle of how metaphors, figures of speech, allegories....are employed, to "strengthen" literal events.

Now, you are not a "real" poster, so thanks for checking in, and please take your seat-way in the back...

Acts 4:13 KJV saint John W

So you actually believe that Jesus will someday somewhere kill living human beings with a sword he's holding in his mouth while riding a horse?

kenjacobsen

Matthew 10:34 KJV
(34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

And you think he's referring to a literal actual sword?? Hello?

Jesus, if you ever bother to read what he said, taught his followers to be harmless as doves and wise as serpents.

Since you’re a proud gun-toter and military supporter you clearly reject his teaching that his followers must be harmless as a dove.
Is it because you’re ignorant of Jesus’ teachings or a willful hypocrite?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Jesus were around today you'd be laughing at him and mocking him as he hung on the cross, for refusing to take up arms and defend himself.

What a presumptuous and horrible accusation!
Could just as easily predict that kenjacobsen would mock God for all His killings, instead of God being a pacifist and just turning the other cheek rather than killing all but 8 folks in the flood.

john w

Hall of Fame
So you actually believe that Jesus will someday somewhere kill living human beings with a sword he's holding in his mouth while riding a horse?

Slower: You actually believe that the bible does not employ figures of speech, metaphors, similes, allegories, to reveal, strengthen truths, including literal truths, to give special emphasis, to call attention to the point, including adding "force" or power to an expression. Often, obviously, when employed these figures of speech, metaphors,....are non sensical if taken literally, but the words are clear and literal, meant to convey a deeper lesson or application, such as in a parable, a "spiritual" application also, and are put together in a grammatical, or structural way, that brings emphasis to the point.

Go ahead and assert that you do not, nor have you ever, employed figures of speech, similes, metaphors, and that all languages do not. Go ahead.

Now, who is the ignorant grade school tike in this discussion, rummy?

Sit.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
And you think he's referring to a literal actual sword?? Hello?

Jesus, if you ever bother to read what he said, taught his followers to be harmless as doves and wise as serpents.

Since you’re a proud gun-toter and military supporter you clearly reject his teaching that his followers must be harmless as a dove.
Is it because you’re ignorant of Jesus’ teachings or a willful hypocrite?

You really believe that "Jesus"'s followers are literally serpents and doves?

See how that works?