pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Uhhh im pretty sure christianity isn't being pacifist.
I believe Christianity, in following Christ, ought to be pacifist, should be pacifist, and when it is practiced in truth is pacifist. Are you saying you are observing something other than Christianity being pacifist, contrary to your better judgment? Or, are you saying you truly believe Christianity is something other than pacifist, or is something that is not pacifist?

Jesus didn't kill in self-defense, and He would not have had his disciples the apostles kill in His defense. Neither did they, as followers of Him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What's for supper?

Then I saw an angel standing in the sun and he cried with a loud voice saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.” (Revelation 19:17-18)

And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh. (Revelation 19:21)​

Who sat on the horse?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What's for supper?

Then I saw an angel standing in the sun and he cried with a loud voice saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.” (Revelation 19:17-18)

And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh. (Revelation 19:21)​

Who sat on the horse?
Revelation 19:11-16 NASB - 11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well I haven't killed anyone so I'am okay then.

It is not about you, lady. It is about all Jesus' followers.

The fact is Jesus was pacifist, and Jesus' followers should be pacifist too because Christians are Jesus' followers and they follow what He did.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What's for supper?

Who sat on the horse?

another sleazy shot.

what does this have to do with Jesus did not kill anyone when He was witnessing and teaching to His followers?

He says to follow Him because He set a good example to follow for all of us.

KingdomRose

Pacifism?

We do not live in first century Judea. Today we live in a world filled with adversaries. I don't believe you would like living under Sharia law where you would be executed for your beliefs. Who is going to keep that from happening? The pacifists?

You attack the military but what about law enforcement? Law enforcement officers are issued weapons and trained how to use them if circumstances warrant. Is it okay for an officer to defend himself or others when deadly force is required?

Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world, it is for the world to come and his teachings were geared to that end. Aggression toward the Romans in first century Judea would have been futile as history has proven. Jesus taught non-aggression toward the Romans because of the futility of it.

You don't live in first century Judea, you live in a world today that is dangerous beyond comprehension.

The U.S. will be attacked, no doubt about it, but when that happens Christ will intervene on our behalf and many will be killed.

So you would cave in and put a pinch of incense on the altar to the pagan Caesar rather than maintain your faithfulness to God & possibly be eaten by lions in the arena? The Christians in the first century would not do what Caesar wanted even though he could kill them.

I believe it is up to a person's conscience as to whether or not he/she will work as a police officer. That analogy doesn't really work. Military and police work are not the same.

Jesus' teachings were geared to everyone the world over, from his day to ours. The world is dangerous now, and it was then. Jesus taught non-aggression because that is what he wants from us! Even if lions would eat us, we must obey his words. You have been sold a bill of goods designed to "tickle" your ears.(2 Timothy 4:3,4) You think Jesus said to love our enemies but only if it's convenient. :down: I don't think he was talking just to hear himself talk.

The U.S. is among those "kings of the earth" that will be destroyed by Jesus and his heavenly army when he comes again. Are you going to align yourself with them and their armies, against Jesus?

(Revelation 19:11-21)

KingdomRose

Exodus 15:3 KJV The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.

No, the lowly Galilean fisherman, being the alleged "pacifist," "sweet baby lying in a manger," harmless, would not....

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;.....

....would, He?

Good day to you, sir.

Oh be for real. God is "a man of war" for good reason, not like the selfish, cruel, indifferent leaders of the nations today. He is called that because He will war against all of the evil in this world. To get rid of evil, He has to be war-like to some extent, wouldn't you say? Nations today SAY they want to get rid of evil, but every nation is evil!!! Even this one! They send people far away into harm's way and the body bags keep coming back, and for what? OIL INTERESTS? Take your head out of the sand.

And your citing of Jesus chasing the dishonest money-changers out of the Temple is a WEAK example of trying to say he was violent. I read that account far differently than you do, apparently. Where does it say he lost his temper or that he beat anybody other than enthusiastically urging the animals to get out of the temple? Show me where he hit a person with his ropes.

:nono:

KingdomRose

What's for supper?

Who sat on the horse?

Look a little closer, honey, and see who it is that get annihilated by the King of kings and Lord of lords.

The "captains" mentioned are the commanders of military troops (see the margin in the NASB). "Kings" are also mentioned---leaders of all the nations, including this one. Also in verse 19---"the kings of the earth and their armies," who are assembled to make war against Jesus. All supporting the contention that you are in a precarious place if you support the military. So who do you side with? Jesus or the kings and their armies?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Did you really post that??? OMG. There are plenty of kings in the world today, and presidents are in the same category. So are emirs and other heads of government.

:liberals::duh:
The United States of America has a President, but the President of the United States of America is not a King at all. See Article II Section 1 of The Constitution of The United States of America. "The executive power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America."

Jesus is King, King of the Jews, King of Israel, and even the citizens of the United States of America owe their allegiance to Him, as all should.

Eric h

Revelation 19:15 KJV
(15) And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Doesn't sound like a pacifist.

Nevertheless, we are commanded to obey the greatest commandments,all the law of God hangs and depends on the two greatest commandments, we can do nothing greater. We are commanded not to kill.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nevertheless, we are commanded to obey the greatest commandments,all the law of God hangs and depends on the two greatest commandments, we can do nothing greater. We are commanded not to kill.

Are you a Jehovah Witness? There's a big difference between killing and murdering. During times of war, killing is necessary. To plan to kill somebody and lie in wait for them is considered murder.