pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
My point is to come out of worldly faith and practice.
And yet you can't show me any scriptures that go against what I say, can you?

Prove. Me. WRONG. Using Scripture.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And yet you can't show me any scriptures that go against what I say, can you?

Prove. Me. WRONG. Using Scripture.

It is useless quoting the verses to you because you are not interested in following Jesus. You will not accept it no matter what, you will keep on come up with the excuses misusing the scripture.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

Your pro-military position is your fruit.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It is useless quoting the verses to you because you are not interested in following Jesus. You will not accept it no matter what, you will keep on come up with the excuses misusing the scripture.

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

Your pro-military position is your fruit.
Meshak: Since we have talked to one another, you have not shown me one verse that can go against my position. Yet I have shown you many that go against your position. Who's the one who's not interested in following Jesus again?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak: Since we have talked to one another, you have not shown me one verse that can go against my position. Yet I have shown you many that go against your position. Who's the one who's not interested in following Jesus again?

I showed you Jesus' love your enemy passage which you have been avoiding.

would you like me to quote again?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
here you go, dude.

Jesus followers should not endorse any kind of violent practice such as joining the military.

Here is my verses to back up my claim:

Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

and some more:

Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
John 18:36

And His faithful disciple harmonize with Jesus' word:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 corinthian 10:4-5)

Romans 12:17-21
17Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. 20Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

II Corinthians 10:3,4
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Look, I know you don't accept those.

I will not try to persuade worldly Christian who is not interested in following Jesus.

You are so obsessed to try to justify your worldly point of view and practice.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Look, I know you don't accept those.

I will not try to persuade worldly Christian who is not interested in following Jesus.

You are so obsessed to try to justify your worldly point of view and practice.

Give me a moment to reply before saying that I don't accept them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hello Jamie.

Your Lord should be Jesus, not this world since you claim to be Jesus' follower.

You are serving the world, not Jesus.

KingdomRose

What do you think those who don't believe being condemned means?

Jesus taught more about Hell than anywhere else in the Bible. That's a fact.

That is NOT TRUE. You are spreading falsehoods. Hell is taken from the Greek word "Hades" and Jesus mentioned it 4 times (Matt.11:23; 16:18; Luke 10:15; 16:23).

He mentioned "Gehenna" 7 times in Matthew, and this was translated into "hell" by the King James translators, even though it doesn't mean the same thing as "Hades."

Jesus spoke of "fire" 6 times in Matthew. This did not mean a literal hell-fire, but it symbolized eternal destruction.

So, even though the meanings of "hell" are confused in many translations, if we add up all of the times it is mentioned we get the grand total of 17 times. It was not something Jesus emphasized greatly.

So, what REALLY was the thing Jesus taught more about than anything? Just the word "Kingdom" was spoken by him 155 times throughout the Gospels. That doesn't even include the times he spoke of reigning on thrones and judging.

So you are very wrong, JudgeRightly. What Jesus taught about constantly and more than anything else was The Kingdom, God's own government over the earth.

KingdomRose

Meshak, What is your point? What I just said comes from Scripture. If you'd like, you can challenge it, but if you do, please use scripture to back up your argument, instead of your own reasoning.

Nothing you say actually comes from Scripture. You will be required to answer for your misleading statements, here and elsewhere.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is NOT TRUE. You are spreading falsehoods. Hell is taken from the Greek word "Hades" and Jesus mentioned it 4 times (Matt.11:23; 16:18; Luke 10:15; 16:23).

He mentioned "Gehenna" 7 times in Matthew, and this was translated into "hell" by the King James translators, even though it doesn't mean the same thing as "Hades."

Jesus spoke of "fire" 6 times in Matthew. This did not mean a literal hell-fire, but it symbolized eternal destruction.

So, even though the meanings of "hell" are confused in many translations, if we add up all of the times it is mentioned we get the grand total of 17 times. It was not something Jesus emphasized greatly.

So Jesus mentions "Hell" about 17 times. My statement was that Jesus talked about Hell more than anywhere else in the Bible, which brings us to the question of, "how many times is "Hell" mentioned in the Bible, total?

Total (depending on the translation) it's about 23. So was my statement correct that Jesus talked about Hell more than anywhere in the Bible or not?

So, what REALLY was the thing Jesus taught more about than anything? Just the word "Kingdom" was spoken by him 155 times throughout the Gospels. That doesn't even include the times he spoke of reigning on thrones and judging.

So you are very wrong, JudgeRightly. What Jesus taught about constantly and more than anything else was The Kingdom, God's own government over the earth.

I agree, but that has nothing (or at least very little) to do with my argument, which was that Jesus talked about "Hell" more than anywhere else in the Bible.

What are you talking about? The Bible is FULL of references to the DESTRUCTION of the wicked.

Allow me to clarify. You cannot "destroy," as in utter destruction (ie annihilation), something made to be eternal, ie people's soul-spirit. You can destroy physical objects, such as bodies, but you cannot annihilate something that is made by God to be eternal.

Nothing you say actually comes from Scripture. You will be required to answer for your misleading statements, here and elsewhere.

KR, When was the last time you read your bible? You might be surprised to find out that the principles and topics I discuss DO in fact come from the Bible.

I'd like to ask you to listen to this small debate between Pastor Enyart and a caller on this very subject:

http://kgov.com/ted-from-hell-doesnt-believe-in-florida

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Just admit your faith is illogical and not of Jesus.

it is only a good Christian thing to do.
I haven't forgotten about replying to your post, it's just taking me longer than usual because of things going on in my life right now.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Understanding? Of what?

Jesus Christ.

Jesus' teachings will be opened to their understanding and the Book of Life is opened to them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works by the things which were written in the books. (Revelation 20:12)​

The books that will be opened to their understanding are the books of the Bible.

Jesus said, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:47-48)

Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it" whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left. (Isaiah 30:21)​

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus Christ.

Jesus' teachings will be opened to their understanding and the Book of Life is opened to them.

Even if that were true (and I challenge you to provide scripture that shows it is), do you think that those who rejected God up to and including in their death will suddenly accept Him as their Savior?

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works by the things which were written in the books. (Revelation 20:12)​

The books that will be opened to their understanding are the books of the Bible.

The Bible is not the "Book of Life." The Book of Life contains the list of names of all those who are destined for Heaven. There are no teachings in it, only names.

Perhaps this will help you understand that passage better...

http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/revelation/revelation-20/revelation-20-12.html

Jesus said, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day." (John 12:47-48)

Ok? Perhaps giving your point for providing this excellent verse would help along the discussion?

Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it" whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left. (Isaiah 30:21)​

And again, what's your point?

I think you also should listen to the show I provided above. Bob talks about something similar to what you're saying, about those who rejected God being given understanding.