pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
According to Meshak, principle = doctrine.

Even so, everything I have said so far in this thread comes from the Bible, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

You are an excellent example of "twisting the Scripture" to make up completely out of context doctrine.

That's what happens when you are not true Jesus' servants.

you see the title of this thread?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are an excellent example of "twisting the Scripture" to make up completely out of context doctrine.

That's what happens when you are not true Jesus' servants.

you see the title of this thread?
Prove how I am twisting scripture.

Oh wait, you can't, because I'm not.

And again, you're confusing "principle" with "doctrine." I'm simply trying to prove a point using the Bible. You have done nothing but condemn me and tell me I'm wrong, but haven't actually provided any substance to your argument.

In other words, you're a really loud dog with no teeth to bite with.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have said what I believe, defend yes, cause war no. I won't be able to answer anymore until later, I'm not being ignorant I'm a bit busy.

Thank you for answering. :)

Marhig, Does God tell us to love our neighbor? (and by neighbor, I don't just mean the person who lives on the same street as we do)

bump

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
In other words, you cannot answer her. It is not hard question she asked. You have to come up with twisted versions so you have to take time.
Meshak, shut up for a bit, please? I said that I would reply when ready, and I meant it.

"Let your yes be yes and your no be no."

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Just admit you are not ready to answer questions even though you have time to make excuses to deny Jesus' simple teachings.

be a man, dude.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You just exposed yourself you cannot answer simple teachings of Jesus' love.
I'm thinking that every time Meshak posts something in response to me, I should postpone my response to Rose by 12 hours (sorry Rose). Maybe Meshak would learn to hold her tongue (fingers?) every once in a while.

marhig

GENESIS 9:6: "Anyone shedding man's blood, by man will his own blood be shed."

EXODUS 21:22: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul...."

Jehovah set up "cities of refuge" for someone to run to if they accidentally killed someone; if you research that you might find the subject interesting.

That's in the old testament, I asked where does it say it in the New Testament after Jesus came and taught us to love our enemy, and do good to those that hate us. Jesus said in the past they were taught an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth but Jesus taught the opposite, he taught us to love, have compassion, mercy and forgiveness for others. I'm not saying that we should be all over murderers and there is also life imprisonment. But where did Jesus teach us to kill anybody?

I don't mean you when I say this, but I keep seeing some say that we not under the law but under grace, but they throw up the laws when it suits them, as you may have seen when you have read through this thread.

Murder is murder, execution is murder. To take a life in any way is wrong. Since Jesus came we are taught against killing another. Jesus didn't brandish arms to fight and he didn't want those who executed him to be executed, he said father forgiven them. They tried to stone the woman taken in adultery, Jesus didn't say yes go on, it's in the laws, kill her. He said those without sin cast the first stone.

God gave life, and only God should take life away, God deals with sin and God will avenge his people.

Vengeance is mind sayeth the Lord

Romans 12

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head..Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

marhig

Yes and my neighbour is whosoever I meet in that day, Jesus was talking to our individual hearts and what he said should not to be made out to condone war and attacking and killing people.

The good Samaritan was the parable told by Jesus showing us how to love our neighbour, and the Samaritan saw a man beaten and helped him, he didn't beat the man up and kill him. Neither did he go looking to kill those that beat him up either, he just helped when he saw the need!

marhig

According to Meshak, principle = doctrine.

Even so, everything I have said so far in this thread comes from the Bible, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

So what about when John the Baptist said to the soldiers, show violence to no man. He didn't just say don't kill or murder but that they shouldn't even show violence!

And what about Jesus telling us to love our enemy, and do good to those that hate us.

What about Paul saying our weapons of warfare are not carnal

James 4

From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Those born of God don't kill others, killing, fighting and wars are of this world and are for the lawless who need the laws. Those born of God should be overcoming evil with good. We shouldn't be warring and killing with the world. Killing is of this world and is not of the Spirit, and those of the Spirit are not of this world.

As I said, the law is for the lawless, but we are not lawless if we walk in the Spirit because we are taught by the Spirit and we have the laws in our hearts and in our minds so that the Spirit shows us our individual sins within our own hearts, and helps us to overcome, cleansing our hearts and it's all done through Christ. The the laws are for those of the flesh, let flesh judge flesh, and they will war and execute and kill because they are flesh. But those born of God who follow Jesus show love, mercy, compassion and forgiveness.

1 Timothy 1

But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine

Once we know Christ and we start killing, we become a part of the lawless and are then under the law. Those born of God shouldn't kill. We are not to murder or be a manslayer in any way, this is what the lawless do.

My whole point is, war belongs to this world, I believe that those born of God don't get entangled in war, we don't lift weapons to kill, we put to death with the word of God, with the sword that turns every way to keep the way the way to the tree of life. We can't eat off the tree of life, until we have been put to death by the sword!

marhig

[MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION], did you get to look at the clip of that film about Desmond Doss?

This is a true story, and it shows us that when there is war, what Gods love in his people can do. And it's totally the opposite of killing and maiming someone's husband, brother, father, son. Because every person that gets killed at war has a family and loved ones. And since I watched that film I think of how many families that through Christ by the Spirit, Desmond Doss brought delight to, when they saw their loved ones return home. The film really touched my heart. And Desmond showed true courage and the true love of God

https://youtu.be/s2-1hz1juBI

If everybody lived by the teachings of Christ Jesus and truly followed him, then there would be no war.