pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't see it like that, but just say that what you are saying is true and Jesus' kingdom is now a heavenly one, then those who are born of God belong to his heavenly kingdom and they don't fight with weapons of the world but with the weapons of the Spirit which sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Jesus was sent to teach us love God and one another. Jesus and His disciples did not kill anyone even for self defense, many of them were killed instead. Jesus says to imitate Him.

marhig

On forgiveness:

Do you think we should forgive everyone regardless of the circumstance?

On "bearing weapons":
God gives the circumstances in which it is completely acceptable and unacceptable for someone to kill someone else.

See Exodus 22:2-3.

See also Luke 22:36

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jesus taught us to pray to our father to ask for forgiveness, as we forgive those whose trespass against us. It's a personal thing.

I don't believe it's right to kill anyone!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus taught us to pray to our father to ask for forgiveness, as we forgive those whose trespass against us. It's a personal thing.

Should we forgive people who have not repented?

I don't believe it's right to kill anyone!

So you place your beliefs above God's commands?

Last edited:

marhig

Should we forgive people who have not repented?

So you place your beliefs above God's commands?

That's between the individual and God. But for me I believe yes I should forgive regardless, although I can never say never because I don't know what will happen in my life. But I'd pray to God to give me the strength to if it was hard for me to do so. He's done it for me before.

Did Jesus forgive those who crucified him and had they repented?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where did God say to execute a murderer, in the new testament ?

First of all:

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16&version=NKJV

Also, which Testament did Jesus quote from in His ministry?

That's between the individual and God. But for me I believe yes I should forgive regardless, although I can never say never because I don't know what will happen in my life. But I'd pray to God to give me the strength to if it was hard for me to do so. He's done it for me before.

Did Jesus forgive those who crucified him and had they repented?

You're forgetting what Jesus says...

"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. *And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”" - Luke 17:3-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke17:3-4&version=NKJV

Jesus said to forgive ONLY if the person repents.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where did God say to execute a murderer, in the new testament ?
God says to execute the murderer.

Leviticus 24:17-22
Numbers 35:31-33

Jesus supports the death penalty.

Matthew 5:17-19, 15:3-4
Revelation 13:10
1 Timothy 1:8-10
Romans 13:4

Jesus did not repeal the law. He said the law will not be fulfilled completely until Heaven and Earth pass away. (again, Matthew 5:17-19)

Jesus also says to keep even the least of the commandments. That means putting murderers to death, as given in Exodus 21:12.

marhig

First of all:

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Timothy3:16&version=NKJV

You're forgetting what Jesus says...

"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. *And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”" - Luke 17:3-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke17:3-4&version=NKJV

Jesus said to forgive ONLY if the person repents.

I doesn't say the word "only" in there! And I've learnt that to forgive even if they haven't repented, stops our hearts becoming hard, if we don't forgive it fester's within us. And the holy spirit strengthens us to overcome and forgive.

Mark 11

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses

Matthew 6

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

Ephesians 4

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

marhig

Jesus did not repeal the law. He said the law will not be fulfilled completely until Heaven and Earth pass away. (again, Matthew 5:17-19)

Jesus also says to keep even the least of the commandments. That means putting murderers to death, as given in Exodus 21:12.

To die the death is death to self and the sword in revelation is the word of God.

Let me ask you something, could you do it? Could you be the one to use the knife or shoot the gun?

What would you do if saying you believe in capital punishment, you say yes to killing someone, or do it yourself and then find out they were innocent?

Would you worry incase the person you are condemning are ignorant? What if they have never heard the word of God before being killed, maybe when they heard the truth they would have been healed and there hearts changed. We don't know what suffering others have been through in their lives and many don't know God.

I don't know individual situations and circumstances, but there is also life imprisonment, and I know in my heart is wrong to murder and it's a work of the flesh. In either way, whether a person is a murderer or whether we murder for revenge. You say we are to obey Gods laws, and I agree as they should be in our hearts and in our minds. So the the law stands " thou shalt not kill" and I see the Bible differently to many here, I see it as the spiritual word of God written by those in the spirit.

And again Jesus said

Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And again

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?*Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
To die the death is death to self and the sword in revelation is the word of God.

Let me ask you something, could you do it? Could you be the one to use the knife or shoot the gun?

What would you do if saying you believe in capital punishment, you say yes to killing someone, or do it yourself and then find out they were innocent?

Would you worry incase the person you are condemning are ignorant? What if they have never heard the word of God before being killed, maybe when they heard the truth they would have been healed and there hearts changed. We don't know what suffering others have been through in their lives and many don't know God.

I don't know individual situations and circumstances, but there is also life imprisonment, and I know in my heart is wrong to murder and it's a work of the flesh. In either way, whether a person is a murderer or whether we murder for revenge. You say we are to obey Gods laws, and I agree as they should be in our hearts and in our minds. So the the law stands " thou shalt not kill" and I see the Bible differently to many here, I see it as the spiritual word of God written by those in the spirit.

And again Jesus said

Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And again

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?*Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

they keep disregard many of His word to justify their perverted doctrine or practice.

It is just so sad.

Jesus teaching is so noble and utmost pure. Why do they have the need to bring down to their worldly standards?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned

Yeppers.

First of all:

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," - 2 Timothy 3:16
Yeppers.
The whole bible is the word of GOD.

BINGO.
The word of GOD is not limited to the NT scriptures.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
they keep disregard many of His word to justify their perverted doctrine or practice.
We do not disregard any of GOD's word, Meshak.
But you most certainly do.

It is just so sad.
It is very sad that you do not study the whole word of GOD.

Jesus teaching is so noble and utmost pure. Why do they have the need to bring down to their worldly standards?
Jesus' teaching would never go against His Father.
But you do.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I doesn't say the word "only" in there!

You're right. It says "if he repents." Or did you not notice that conditional statement?

And since it's a conditional statement, it means the opposite is true as well:

"If he does not repent, then do not forgive him."

The next verse after this one reinforces the need for repentance, saying however many times a person comes to you, as long as he repents, then you forgive him.

And I've learnt that to forgive even if they haven't repented,

You have learnt wrong. By forgiving others without them repenting, you make forgiveness superfluous. You show sinners that they don't need to repent in order for God to forgive them. God requires people to repent of their sins, but you, Marhig, tell people by forgiving them outright that they don't need to repent.

stops our hearts becoming hard, if we don't forgive it fester's within us. And the holy spirit strengthens us to overcome and forgive.

That's called psychobabble. It doesn't come from the Bible, it comes from worldly psychologists (not to say that all psychologists are bad people, just that that idea to forgive without requiring repentance is not Biblical)

Mark 11

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses

Sounds like a law to me: Do this and you will be rewarded. Christians are not under the law, we are under grace. We are under "Forgive, even as our Father has forgiven you," which means, don't forgive someone unless they have repented.

Matthew 6

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses

Law, not grace. Same as above.

Ephesians 4

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

This is Grace, and is the verse I used above to show that God requires repentance before forgiving sins, so we should require repentance before we forgive someone who has wronged us.

You have yet to provide an argument that shows I'm wrong. So stop talking unless you're willing to discuss.

It is just so sad.

It IS sad that you won't discuss this like a person who is defending their side of the discussion, and instead just say your argument is true and mine is false without any evidence to the contrary.

Jesus teaching is so noble and utmost pure.

No one says otherwise... so what's your point?

Why do they have the need to bring down to their worldly standards?

So me and others who are trying to show you how the Bible does not condone pacifism is bringing down Jesus' teaching? Riiiiiiight...

marhig

You're right. It says "if he repents." Or did you not notice that conditional statement?

And since it's a conditional statement, it means the opposite is true as well:

"If he does not repent, then do not forgive him."

The next verse after this one reinforces the need for repentance, saying however many times a person comes to you, as long as he repents, then you forgive him.

You have learnt wrong. By forgiving others without them repenting, you make forgiveness superfluous. You show sinners that they don't need to repent in order for God to forgive them. God requires people to repent of their sins, but you, Marhig, tell people by forgiving them outright that they don't need to repent.

That's called psychobabble. It doesn't come from the Bible, it comes from worldly psychologists (not to say that all psychologists are bad people, just that that idea to forgive without requiring repentance is not Biblical)

Sounds like a law to me: Do this and you will be rewarded. Christians are not under the law, we are under grace. We are under "Forgive, even as our Father has forgiven you," which means, don't forgive someone unless they have repented.

Law, not grace. Same as above.

This is Grace, and is the verse I used above to show that God requires repentance before forgiving sins, so we should require repentance before we forgive someone who has wronged us.

You have yet to provide an argument that shows I'm wrong. So stop talking unless you're willing to discuss.

It IS sad that you won't discuss this like a person who is defending their side of the discussion, and instead just say your argument is true and mine is false without any evidence to the contrary.

No one says otherwise... so what's your point?

So me and others who are trying to show you how the Bible does not condone pacifism is bringing down Jesus' teaching? Riiiiiiight...

I'm sorry JR But I don't agree with what you have said, I understand that sometimes it's hard to forgive, and we all go through different things, but hopefully God will give us the strength to do so.

Also, none of the verses that I quoted said that others have to repent before we forgive, if we haven't got it within our hearts to forgive, then we are in a bad way, and it can eat us up. I'm not on about being all over them, but to let it go from within and not let it turn to hatred. If we haven't got a forgiving heart, hardness can set in.

I asked you before, had they who crucified Jesus on the cross repented when he forgave them?

marhig

Yeppers.

Yeppers.
The whole bible is the word of GOD.

BINGO.
The word of GOD is not limited to the NT scriptures.
So how come you disregard most of the new testament including Jesus and the other apostles except for Paul?

And I've noticed that the Bible is used as it suits by some, I thought you were under grace and not the law, so how come that you are now bringing up that it's alright to kill?