pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Tnkrbl123!

Good evening meshek!
I want to just let you know (I know you know this don't get me wrong) but God doesn't call us to engage in debates with people who don't actually want to hear. There is a great argument that is absolutely grounded in scripture (I posted a good one on here yesterday) for pacifism. You are right it's hard for us to get past our own human understanding of justice because we human and it's basically all we know. But it's there and you absolutely get it and you are blessed for it and you are blessed with an understanding of God's word really) And at this point you have done your call to tell people and if they wanted to actually consider it they would but they don't. They don't come to listen and try to see your point of view they just look for anything they can try to pick apart and attack that and miss the whole big picture because they don't want to see it. Don't feel like you have to engage . But if you do just be encouraged that you are not alone and that I believe if people can get over their own fear of accepting it they will see it too. But it's hard and that's why they won't.
Bless you

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Good evening meshek!
I want to just let you know (I know you know this don't get me wrong) but God doesn't call us to engage in debates with people who don't actually want to hear. There is a great argument that is absolutely grounded in scripture (I posted a good one on here yesterday) for pacifism. You are right it's hard for us to get past our own human understanding of justice because we human and it's basically all we know. But it's there and you absolutely get it and you are blessed for it and you are blessed with an understanding of God's word really) And at this point you have done your call to tell people and if they wanted to actually consider it they would but they don't. They don't come to listen and try to see your point of view they just look for anything they can try to pick apart and attack that and miss the whole big picture because they don't want to see it. Don't feel like you have to engage . But if you do just be encouraged that you are not alone and that I believe if people can get over their own fear of accepting it they will see it too. But it's hard and that's why they won't.
Bless you

You are truly blessed:)

thank you for your encouragement.

marhig

Jesus told us to judge with righteous judgment. He also told us throughout His word to love our neighbors. If our neighbors are harming other neighbors, then we should act to stop them out of love. Meshak, God tells us to fight wars when it is necessary and just to do so. Would you go against His word just because you selfishly think that we aren't supposed to go to war because Jesus never killed anyone? You are foolish.

Jesus said that those who live by the sword will die by the sword. He wasn't making an observation, it was a command to stand against those who live by the sword. If someone takes a gun and starts to shoot up a mall, then the police officers have every right to protect the innocent people in the mall, and shoot the gunman, even if it means he dies.

By being a pacifist, you undermine the entire concept of justice.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Gods people are not to take up weapons, we are not to use violence. Our weapons of warfare are not to be carnal. The sword we are to use is the word of God.

marhig

Eccl. 3:8

Once we're born of God and walk in the spirit we don't war with the weapons of the world, we use spiritual warfare. We war with the sword of the Spirit against the rulers of this world which is satan and his angels, he who Jesus calls the Prince of this world, and the holy spirit gives us the strength to overcome him within ourselves, and also by the word of God.

Love brings peace not war.

Luke 3

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Ephesians 6

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Once we're born of God and walk in the spirit we don't war with the weapons of the world, we use spiritual warfare. We war with the sword of the Spirit against the rulers of this world which is satan and his angels, he who Jesus calls the Prince of this world, and the holy spirit gives us the strength to overcome him within ourselves, and also by the word of God.

Love brings peace not war.

Luke 3

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse*any*falsely; and be content with your wages.

Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:*But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Ephesians 6

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.*For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high*places.*Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.*Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;*And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;*Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

2 Corinthians 10

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:*4(For the weapons of our warfare*are*not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)*Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;6And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
So a Christian police officer should turn the other cheek to a criminal? Or better yet, he should quit his job as a police officer?

marhig

So a Christian police officer should turn the other cheek to a criminal?

To be honest JR, (I'm talking about me personally) because of the way I believe, I wouldn't take a job where I may have to use a weapon or put myself in a position to use violence. And here in the UK most of our police officers don't have guns.

But I don't think that the police are bad, they uphold law and order but that's of this world and once we are born of God we walk in the spirit we are not of this world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are not following Jesus' word. So your questions are meaningless. You just want to argue.

You have been making excuses one after another just like all pro-military Christians.

I am done with you on this.

good day.
Meshak, this is a forum for discussion. Why are you on here if you don't want to discuss?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak, this is a forum for discussion. Why are you on here if you don't want to discuss?

I already did. You are not interest in what I have to say.

I said all I have to say.

Read all pacifists Christians' posts. I agree with all of them.

You can ask them, you will not get any different answers from any of them.

good day.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already did. You are not interest in what I have to say.

I said all I have to say.

Read all pacifists Christians' posts. I agree with all of them.

You can ask them, you will not get any different answers from any of them.

good day.
John 18:36

meshak

BANNED
Banned

36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

????????????

Why did you quote this?

You are the one don't believe what He says.

Your ignorance is beyond me.

That's explains why you don't understand Jesus' teaching.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."

????????????

Why did you quote this?

You are the one don't believe what He sais.

Your ignorance is beyond me.

That's explains why you don't understand Jesus' teaching.

36 Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here."

I'm saying that that verse supports my argument that God supports a military, regardless of who is in it.

God is saying that if His kingdom was going to be an earthly kingdom, as it would have been had Israel not turned away from Him halfway through Acts, then those who are of His Kingdom would be expected to fight. It's literally saying that He would require that people would fight to defend His kingdom. But since Israel turned away from Him, now His kingdom will no longer be an earthly kingdom, so His need for warriors to defend an earthly kingdom is no more. That DOES NOT mean that He is against a nation having a military. It means that He does not need one for a Heavenly kingdom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
At what point would you have left Hitler's army, or would you have stayed in it to the end.

LA
Do not do evil, that good may come of it.
We are to obey God rather than men.
Let every person be subject to those in authority.

We are to obey the government, unless they tell us to do something that goes against what God tells us.