oximoron

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are many posters here claim Jesus' teachings are not for the gentiles, and just for the Jews.

Paul said, "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:27-29)

"For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites" (Romans 9:3)

Paul explained, "to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises" (Romans 9:4)

The sonship, the service to God, and the promises belong to Israel, not to Gentiles.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you disagree with Paul's gospel?

Those are his words.

An immigrant to Israel became an Israelite.

An immigrant to America becomes an American.

Are you an American?

It is obvious you are abusing Paul's word.

I will not discuss with you since I don't believe you are sincere or serious Christian.

2003cobra

No, he preached the same gospel, and we should listen to the teachings of Jesus, not just ignore them and say "they are not for us" we are to listen to Jesus before anyone, his gospel is for everyone one of us, it is the gospel of God, and it is the same gospel of which Paul is a minister.

Jesus also preached to the a Samaritans, and they were gentiles

I have to go, speak soon God willing.

I would not call Samaritans Gentiles.

If you will check Acts, you will see that Peter and John spread the gospel to villages in Samaria (Acts 8) before the church was opened to the Gentiles (Acts 10).

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you will check Acts, you will see that Peter and John spread the gospel to villages in Samaria (Acts 8) before the church was opened to the Gentiles (Acts 10).

whats your point?

This comment seems just nitpicking and meaningless.

2003cobra

whats your point?

This comment seems just nitpicking and meaningless.

Marhig seemed to be trying to make the point that Jesus was also sent to Gentiles because Jesus spoke to Samaritans and they are Gentiles.

So marhig’s justification for the statement is flawed, as Samaritans were not considered Gentiles.

Not nitpicking—commenting on a flaw in assumptions that affect a position.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Marhig seemed to be trying to make the point that Jesus was also sent to Gentiles because Jesus spoke to Samaritans and they are Gentiles.

So marhig’s justification for the statement is flawed, as Samaritans were not considered Gentiles.

Not nitpicking—commenting on a flaw in assumptions that affect a position.

It is nitpicking and desruption of what OP is all about.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

marhig

Do you disagree with Paul's gospel?

Those are his words.

An immigrant to Israel became an Israelite.

An immigrant to America becomes an American.

Are you an American?
And a gentile or Jew brought in through Christ becomes a part of spiritual Israel circumcised of the heart and they all become the true Jews.

marhig

Do you honestly believe that Jesus didn't preach to any gentiles? His gospel is for all of us, not just for the Jews. I can't believe that so many of you believe this, it's so wrong.

marhig

John 4

The Samaritan woman at the well wasn't a Jew.

There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.(For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, HOW IS IT THAT THOU, BEING A JEW, ASKEST DRINK OF ME, WHICH AM A WOMAN OF SAMARIA? FOR THE JEWS HAVE NO DEALINGS WITH THE SAMARITANS.

Then further down the chapter

And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her?

She was not a Jew, the Samaritans were a mixed race and worshipped differently to the Jews, and the Jews didn't like them and treated them and gentiles, yet Jesus preached to all those who came out of the city. And many believed on him.

And Simeon said when he blessed Jesus, that he was to be a light to the gentiles, not just to the Jews. The gospel of God, which Jesus preached is for all, and Paul preached the same gospel. Jesus said that the gospel was to be preached to every creature, and Paul said that he was made a minister of the gospel that was to be preached to every creature. The same gospel

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
thank you Marhig,

I feel like insane even mentioning Jesus' teachings in this site.

It is just absurd not too many don't even seem like how crazy it is.

I think it would be in your best interest to learn proper English. Just a thought. I realize you're unable to learn, however, you really should concentrate on the fact that you are not extremely articulate nor knowledgeable. Having said that, I will give you a couple of positive marks for your ignorance combined with your uncanny stubbornness.

Status
Not open for further replies.