oximoron

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are many posters here claim Jesus' teachings are not for the gentiles, and just for the Jews.

And that's what dominate this site.

that's the most absurd claim I ever heard.

Well, Skippy, the Lord Jesus Christ's teachings are contained in Romans -Philemon,as given by the apostle Paul, "the apostle of the Gentiles"(Romans 11:13 KJV-memorize that). What the Lord Jesus Christ taught, while on earth, were God the Father's teachings.

Look it up, sir, per Acts 17:11 KJV.

Good day to you, sir.

chair

well...we do have an example that if there is improper use of worship we are to drive it out...

what is actually nasty is being invited to a wonderful banquet party and being properly welcomed (even if we were not on the original vip guest list) and enjoying ourselves immensely and totally grateful that there were openings for us to attend and enjoy but then having a nasty guest starting nasty rumors that we were actually not invited and should leave...that is nasty

I just fixed the invitation to reflect that nasty hateful rumor...

You did draw my attention to the fact the John is different than the other accounts, for which I thank you.

As far as rumors that are ruining your party- you should speak to Matthew about that. And maybe read up a little on how Jesus thought people should behave.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, there is one gospel,
Paul preached the same gospel that Jesus preached. One gospel to every creature

Jesus

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and PREACH THE GOSPEL TO EVERY CREATURE.

Paul

Colossians 1

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, AND WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN, WHEREOF I PAUL AM MADE A MINISTER.

What a mess. "there is one gospel"=Made up....plenty of good news in the book. The Lord Jesus Christ, the 12, including Judas, preached the gospel/good news of the kingdom, which is not the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, despite your daddy the devil making them the same.

clefty

You did draw my attention to the fact the John is different than the other accounts, for which I thank you.
sure...yes good stuff to know...John of course being the most “spiritual” of the gospelsnot just recording journal entries of “and then He said...and went...” actually John is at times very different from the others...it is ONLY in John 6 the teaching establishing the most significant miracle of the Church occurs...the alleged bread into flesh...only John records the “Bread of Life” discourse yet ironically completely leaves it out at the Last supper scene...so he completely ignores the initial and founding application of the John 6 teaching that bread turns into flesh and only at the last supper... odd that...

The other 3 gospels record His saying “this is my body” but not the most spiritual of authors John...he even makes it clear this whole supper is NOT even the passover...

Might I recommend

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/ha...MIr8jL0Lr-2AIVgoWzCh1y2Ac0EAQYAiABEgK9g_D_BwE

for those hungry for the Word and not the flesh...it is a good tool that lays out the 4 gospels in chronological order side by side with which gospel says what on that point...the column of John is quite silent for many pages...but comes back strong in the end

As far as rumors that are ruining your party- you should speak to Matthew about that. And maybe read up a little on how Jesus thought people should behave.

Matthew you say? He inspired my rewrite of my invitation to appease the nasty killjoys...

Matt 21:43 repeats the teaching of the Israelites entering a promised land others prepared for them to eat from vineyards they did not plant...Matt records Yahushua saying “Therefore I say to you the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it”...hmmmm what fruits might that be? More like His and not of the world? Paul says later these branches are chopped off and we replaced them...probably cuz we are baring fruit MORE like Him than less like them...

Well this naturally triggered the chief priests and pharisees to “Oy Wey!!” all over themselves and they wanted to arrest Him but it was too late He was a sensation...

Probably because of parables like the following that appealed to them who were tired of the elitist priviledged rich...

Only Matthew records this parable where the kingdom of heaven is like a King who prepared a wedding banquet but the usual VIP invited refused to go...king tried again...they were too busy to care growing and making money and were so annoyed they actually KILL the messengers inviting them to come...Hmmm...that does sound familiar...well this enraged the King and he went and destroyed their city...about AD 70...LOL...

Then the King still wishing to party actually changes His mind on that initial VIP list commenting “those I invited did not deserve to come” OUCH...and sends his servents to get ANYONE...good or bad...wow...and so the wedding hall was filled...

But WAIT!! there was one that had refused to wear wedding clothes...so they killed him...many are indeed invited only those who clean their act up are chosen...

But seriously...that dude was rude...being invited and joining the party and making no effort to fit in? Maybe he thought the house rules were abolished...or changed...or he could choose which ones to keep...LOL

probably muttering something like “these people shouldnt be here so why should I dress up? Not for them? Not for the king either...I WANNA WEAR WHATEVER I WANT!” so nasty morphs into abomination...

So that’s Matthew...what did you want me to read while on the way to His party Matt says I am invited to?

Last edited:

drbrumley

Maybe concentrate on the the first part of the statement.

“I was sent”

Ahhhh, so I need to concentrate. Indeed I do need to, all the time.

But I also need you to use your head as well.

Who is He? Son of Israel sure but calls Himself Son of Man...some call Him Son of God

Jews think the Messiah was to save them from man/Rome...He showed He was to save them from sin...do only jews sin? The Law was given even to foreigner within thy gates...not of israel...

Even in the church of the wilderness there was only ONE LAW for native and non native...

For my house is a house of prayer for all nations was the very spiritual purpose of Israel which they failed rather desiring to make it a monopolization of political power and dominance

He was lifted up that ANY who believe...

And two roman centurions had faith not seen in all of israel...faith is righteousness...

Son of israel sure from the tribe of Judah even...but the promise is the descendants of Abraham were to be a blessing to ALL NATIONS through that covenant the one to MANKIND was kept the SEED of Eve...come to take away the sins of the world says John not just of jews...

Now who sent this Saviour of the world...

For god so loved the world...not just jews...that whosoever...not just of israel...shall not perish...not first death for all die as a result of sin not foreign occupation by Roman flesh and blood...but shall have everlasting life...not die the second spiritual forever death...

He was sent by One that made mankind and wishes all be saved...not just jews...His father’s mansions aren’t just for jews...

The SABBATH was made for Man...not just jews...

Despite rumors otherwise...Yah is not a Zionist

All this bravado and no point made....I actually agree with all this, so in no way have you diminished my point to Meshak?

clefty

“I was sent”

Ahhhh, so I need to concentrate. Indeed I do need to, all the time.

2 things:

1) I should have been more clear I was using your question to her saying “There are many posters here claim Jesus' teachings are not for the gentiles, and just for the Jews.”

as a point of departure to get us to FOCUS ON...the first part of the sentence at all...

2) you did say “You are misrepresenting that particular teaching.“ when I felt she was kinda accurate from what I have seen from some here...I am however not clear on your stance and so just went with it as if you disagreed with hers which I thought kinda on target...

But I also need you to use your head as well.
I try...but its hard to type with it...LOL

But yes...may He lead...

All this bravado and no point made....I actually agree with all this,
all this no point made?

so in no way have you diminished my point to Meshak?
wasn’t even my intention...I too still await her response to your question...

Again in light of your saying she was misrepresenting the teaching I thought to share why she wasn’t and how we could proceed...

But now you agree with my no point made...so at least I have heard a little from you and now wait for her...

drbrumley

2 things:

1) I should have been more clear I was using your question to her saying “There are many posters here claim Jesus' teachings are not for the gentiles, and just for the Jews.”

as a point of departure to get us to FOCUS ON...the first part of the sentence at all...

2) you did say “You are misrepresenting that particular teaching.“ when I felt she was kinda accurate from what I have seen from some here...I am however not clear on your stance and so just went with it as if you disagreed with hers which I thought kinda on target...

I try...but its hard to type with it...LOL

But yes...may He lead...

all this no point made?

wasn’t even my intention...I too still await her response to your question...

Again in light of your saying she was misrepresenting the teaching I thought to share why she wasn’t and how we could proceed...

But now you agree with my no point made...so at least I have heard a little from you and now wait for her...

Clefty, you and I haven't had any discussion before so I welcome talking the scriptures with you, as much as I do my friend Meshak. Unfortunately, she rarely if ever answers to questions as every question is a trick question to her. But I am digressing here.

I do agree with your post but more than likely for different reasons.

It is evident to me when scripture makes a matter of fact statement as Jesus saying "I was sent to the lost sheep of Israel," that is exactly what it means. I'm sure every Christian believes His words. What is at issue with Meshak, GodsTruth and a plurality on this board, maybe including yourself, I know not, is the doctrine that follows it.

A simple reading of your posted scripture (John 3:16)is a perfect example. I believe every word of that. But if you take that verse and use it without the whole of the New Testament, one can come to the doctrine that when one becomes saved, he becomes part of Israel. Spiritual Israel to be exact. Of course that isn't the only doctrine one can conclude, as you may well know.

So anyway, if you want to discuss something I said, I'm more than happy to oblige.

clefty

Clefty, you and I haven't had any discussion before so I welcome talking the scriptures with you, as much as I do my friend Meshak.
HalleluYah but not much longer tonight...alas I must sleep soon...sleep deprived posting gets even edgier...

Unfortunately, she rarely if ever answers to questions as every question is a trick question to her. But I am digressing here.
lol...TOL has characters is true...but I do admire her resilience...

I do agree with your post but more than likely for different reasons.
ok...please continue...as I sleeps...ha

It is evident to me when scripture makes a matter of fact statement as Jesus saying "I was sent to the lost sheep of Israel," that is exactly what it means. I'm sure every Christian believes His words. What is at issue with Meshak, GodsTruth and a plurality on this board, maybe including yourself, I know not, is the doctrine that follows it.
ok yes...as with many things...and we needs sorting it out...

A simple reading of your posted scripture (John 3:16)is a perfect example. I believe every word of that. But if you take that verse and use it without the whole of the New Testament, one can come to the doctrine that when one becomes saved, he becomes part of Israel. Spiritual Israel to be exact. Of course that isn't the only doctrine one can conclude, as you may well know.
of course...but choose ye this day...

So anyway, if you want to discuss something I said, I'm more than happy to oblige.
good good...but I went first...so your turn to answer the question poised to Meshak...

drbrumley

I don't have much patience in drb's comments. He is not interested in my perspectives.

Sure I am....hence the questions....

If I am in error, I would like to know....the same for you? Not with your attitude.

I know what I believe and why I believe it. Doesn't mean I am always right or even mostly. So what we do here at TOL is debate. I take what someone said before God and ask for His wisdom on the matter. I have done this with you before. But when I do debate something, I have asked and received my answer from Jesus. So your where I was at 25 years ago, had to work, work, work to be accepted by Jesus. Thankfully he set me straight.

chair

sure...yes good stuff to know...John of course being the most “spiritual” of the gospelsnot just recording journal entries of “and then He said...and went...” actually John is at times very different from the others...it is ONLY in John 6 the teaching establishing the most significant miracle of the Church occurs...the alleged bread into flesh...only John records the “Bread of Life” discourse yet ironically completely leaves it out at the Last supper scene...so he completely ignores the initial and founding application of the John 6 teaching that bread turns into flesh and only at the last supper... odd that...

The other 3 gospels record His saying “this is my body” but not the most spiritual of authors John...he even makes it clear this whole supper is NOT even the passover...

Might I recommend

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/ha...MIr8jL0Lr-2AIVgoWzCh1y2Ac0EAQYAiABEgK9g_D_BwE

for those hungry for the Word and not the flesh...it is a good tool that lays out the 4 gospels in chronological order side by side with which gospel says what on that point...the column of John is quite silent for many pages...but comes back strong in the end

Matthew you say? He inspired my rewrite of my invitation to appease the nasty killjoys...

Matt 21:43 repeats the teaching of the Israelites entering a promised land others prepared for them to eat from vineyards they did not plant...Matt records Yahushua saying “Therefore I say to you the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it”...hmmmm what fruits might that be? More like His and not of the world? Paul says later these branches are chopped off and we replaced them...probably cuz we are baring fruit MORE like Him than less like them...

Well this naturally triggered the chief priests and pharisees to “Oy Wey!!” all over themselves and they wanted to arrest Him but it was too late He was a sensation...

Probably because of parables like the following that appealed to them who were tired of the elitist priviledged rich...

Only Matthew records this parable where the kingdom of heaven is like a King who prepared a wedding banquet but the usual VIP invited refused to go...king tried again...they were too busy to care growing and making money and were so annoyed they actually KILL the messengers inviting them to come...Hmmm...that does sound familiar...well this enraged the King and he went and destroyed their city...about AD 70...LOL...

Then the King still wishing to party actually changes His mind on that initial VIP list commenting “those I invited did not deserve to come” OUCH...and sends his servents to get ANYONE...good or bad...wow...and so the wedding hall was filled...

But WAIT!! there was one that had refused to wear wedding clothes...so they killed him...many are indeed invited only those who clean their act up are chosen...

But seriously...that dude was rude...being invited and joining the party and making no effort to fit in? Maybe he thought the house rules were abolished...or changed...or he could choose which ones to keep...LOL

probably muttering something like “these people shouldnt be here so why should I dress up? Not for them? Not for the king either...I WANNA WEAR WHATEVER I WANT!” so nasty morphs into abomination...

So that’s Matthew...what did you want me to read while on the way to His party Matt says I am invited to?

Who was Jesus sent to?

clefty

YAH is the original, ultimate and final Zionist.

In a different sense He was...even husband to her...but then she kept a whoring so He put her away...and when He came calling for her she killed Him...that marriage lasted until death ...His...

Now He is free to find a new wife...His taste in woman still the same...obedient faithful to Him glorifying His Father’s Will and Way...

There are jews who know themselves this political state of Zion is apostate and still wait for the messiah...

Most however do it themselves...their own messiahs...build it He will come...will they be surprised when he does come...again

Status
Not open for further replies.