ECT Our triune God

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
This thread is specifically for triune believers. No other need or should post here.

I'm personally boycotting these cultists threads against our view. I have found none of them are here to learn a thing and they certainly don't make a cogent or compelling presentation. Its a waste of bandwidth and time from my experience. This thread is for posting material to help us on our way.

Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; from the beginning I (Yeshua) have not spoken in secret; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord Jehovah (Father) hath sent me, and his Spirit (Holy Spirit). (*Isaiah‬ *48‬:*12-13, 16‬ ASV)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Waiting for an answer.

LA

i ask personally, please, LA and Nang leave this thread, we know what you think and believe, we understand. sorry, I do. it is clear already to anyone on here. is satan that influential in your lives that you cannot ignore a trinity thread ? both of you are NOT Glorifying God in any way, shape or form. i implore you, STOP. start your OWN ANTI-TRINITY/ANTICHRIST THREAD and leave the Christians alone

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
i ask personally, please, LA and Nang leave this thread, we know what you think and believe, we understand. sorry, I do. it is clear already to anyone on here. is satan that influential in your lives that you cannot ignore a trinity thread ? both of you are NOT Glorifying God in any way, shape or form. i implore you, STOP. start your OWN ANTI-TRINITY/ANTICHRIST THREAD and leave the Christians alone

You have no idea of what I believe because you have been indoctrinated by the RCC teachings you do not even know it.

How blind you must be.

You have to know the man Jesus Chridt personally to be saved, and you do not yet.

LA

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber

Nah, I wouldn't go so far as that (come on PPS. Tell you what: read Barth's Dogmatics and get back to me on that one. In fact, I don't expect to hear from you again until you do, you being the man of integrity that you are).

I know his theology well enough, and I'm not all about reading lengthy uninspired writings. That's a huge part of the problem in this modern church age. Everybody's all into men's writings instead of being in communion through scripture itself.

Barth isn't even clpse to being inspired writing, so no, I won't be spending time reading extensively what I already know as his views overall. I'm a member of a church that currently teaches Universal Atonement and other Barth-esque views; and I'm currently led of the Spirit to be the primary influence that is changing the entire false and incomplete doctrine of the fellowship so that they can know the depth of the truth of the actual Gospel instead.

But I will say this: He's right, I don't emphasize faith. And he's right, I don't emphasize repentance.
But I do emphasize JESUS.

Yeah, so do the LDSers and JWs, etc. Here a Jesus, there a Jesus, everywhere a Jesus.

You don't know Paul's Gospel. Universal Atonement is not Paul's Gospel. Read Gslatians 1 and see what the penalty for that is.

False dialectic is no replacement for the truly didactic. Your perception of Col. 1:16-17 of "in" Christ is referring to initial creation. All are not "in" Christ via Universal Atonement. It has to be individual snd hypostatic; and much more than you recognize.

You see, I think faith is a natural response (Spirit filled of course) to the good news of JESUS, so I don't have to shift the focus away from him to manipulate people into believing.

This is just a weird jacked-up accusation from false perception. "I think" is your own logos, not God's.

You see, I think repentance is a natural response (Spirit filled of course) to the good news of JESUS, so I don't have to shift the focus off of him to manipulate people into obedience.

"I think" again. You're not completely aware of the Evangel beyond a Hellenistic Jew limited perspective. You don't really know what it means to be "in Christ". You've wasted the individual hypostatic translation on a Universal Atonement concept.

Grace? Listen to my presentation of the Gospel.

I have. It's not the Gospel.

Read Athanasius. Read Karl Barth. Read T.F. Torrance.

Read inspired scripture. Get out of uninspired writings of men as your filter for inspired scripture for incomplete and false concepts that eclipse the content of God's Rhema.

Get back to me on that one. Universal Atonement: it's full of grace.

No. It's actually a misrepresentation of grace, and few even know what grace is or does.

But everybody's "all in with Jesus", or whatever.

EDIT: Since it's only a 43-page PDF, I will read Barth's Dogmatics just to make sure I haven't missed any depth of necessary criticism, etc.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I am a Trinitarian and have no idea who you think you are, to be telling posters to leave threads.

TFTn5280

I know his theology well enough, and I'm not all about reading lengthy uninspired writings.

You don't have to be, until you start criticizing another man's position. And then you owe it to him to be informed in your criticism. Or really all it is is an ad hom, among other fallacies. You rattle your cage and roar like a lion, but everything that comes out of your mouth demonstrates that you do not even have a basic understanding of Barth or Torrance either one ~ hence no understanding of universal atonement and my position on it. You would be better served to desist in your argumentation. Any man who claims to have the one and only true and historical understanding of such things as the doctrine of God and salvation, should not be trusted to know much about anything. Did you say your name was Joseph Smith? Go home. And take your chimp with you.

EDIT: Since it's only a 43-page PDF, I will read Barth's Dogmatics just to make sure I haven't missed any depth of necessary criticism, etc.

:nono: We're actually talking a little closer to 7,000.

TFTn5280

I just looked. This is going to take me awhile!

LOL, Lon! :) Yours is a link to a 43-page, editor's outline of Barth's "Dogmatics." I'll post his introductory comments below:

Karl Barth, Church Dogmatics, Volume I
Barth, Karl. Church Dogmatics. Edited by G. W. Bromiley and T. F. Torrance. Four volumes, in twelve parts (one in two halves), plus index. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1936–1977. Cited by volume, part, and page. Study Edition, in thirty-one paperback fascicles. London and New York: T. & T. Clark, 2009.

Funny ~ isn't, Lon ~ how much the know-it-alls really know about Barth? Makes ya wonder how much they know about Fuller Theological Seminary, too, doesn't it? LOL

Last edited:

Pierac

I am a Trinitarian and have no idea who you think you are, to be telling posters to leave threads.

Your just not his type of Trinitarian!

Maybe your an ugly Trinitarian? ... perhaps a Fat Trinitarian? either way... Your not welcome by him??? :think:

:idunno:
Paul

Lon

Arsenio explains why Jesus glorified, is more than a man

Arsenio explains why Jesus glorified, is more than a man

Revelation 5
Spoiler

Rev 5:1 Then I saw in the right hand of him who was seated on the throne a scroll written within and on the back, sealed with seven seals.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?"
Rev 5:3 And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it,
Rev 5:4 and I began to weep loudly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders said to me, "Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals."
Rev 5:6 And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne.
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,
Rev 5:10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth."
Rev 5:11 Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands,
Rev 5:12 saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!"
Rev 5:13 And I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, saying, "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"
Rev 5:14 And the four living creatures said, "Amen!" and the elders fell down and worshiped.
You forgot 5:3 which you just quoted...

You are calling no man a man - (follow the two underlinings...)

You are calling the One Who opened the Book a MAN when Scripture plainly tells you NO MAN was able...

Not on earth...
Not in Heaven...
Even to LOOK UPON that Book...

So you have to ASK YOURSELF...

WHO was that LION of the Tribe of Juda?

He was no man, as ... proved in 5:3...
Not on earth, nor in the heavens...

And this LION is not a (mere) man...

He is the God-man Jesus Christ...

Who is ABOVE the earth and the Heavens...

ABOVE means NOT CONTAINED WITHIN...

Who being God took His human flesh to the Right Hand of the Most High, and rules all creation from the Throne of the Lamb...

Arsenios

Lon

LOL, Lon! :) Yours is a link to a 43-page, editor's outline of Barth's "Dogmatics." I'll post his introductory comments below:

Barth, Karl. Church Dogmatics. Edited by G. W. Bromiley and T. F. Torrance. Four volumes, in twelve parts (one in two halves), plus index. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1936–1977. Cited by volume, part, and page. Study Edition, in thirty-one paperback fascicles. London and New York: T. & T. Clark, 2009.

Funny ~ isn't, Lon ~ how much the know-it-alls really know about Barth? Makes ya wonder how much they know about Fuller Theological Seminary, too, doesn't it? LOL
You KNOW you are in trouble when the OUTLINE is 43 pages! I haven't even finished the ECF or all of Institutes yet!

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You don't have to be, until you start criticizing another man's position. And then you owe it to him to be informed in your criticism. Or really all it is is an ad hom, among other fallacies. You rattle your cage and roar like a lion, but everything that comes out of your mouth demonstrates that you do not even have a basic understanding of Barth or Torrance either one ~ hence no understanding of universal atonement and my position on it. You would be better served to desist in your argumentation. Any man who claims to have the one and only true and historical understanding of such things as the doctrine of God and salvation, should not be trusted to know much about anything.Did you say your name was Joseph Smith? Go home. And take your chimp with you.

That's actually the role and position you've assigned to Barth and Torrance, et al; and to which I'm responding, which incenses you.

Why the double standard? Why would you not consider Barth or Torrance "Joseph Smith"?

And why the Relativism/Pluralism of presuming there isn't one truth and/or that we can't know it? That's also Futilistic, with hints of other modern "isms".

Notice I've not futily proferred any information about Fuller. I understand indoctrination and cognitive dissonance, which was the very founding premise of Fuller's origins to intentionally undermine the Christian faith in this culture.

:nono: We're actually talking a little closer to 7,000.

I initially thought it was a condensed synopsis I could peruse. Amazing that you recommend such a voluminous work of man; and even more amazing that you wouldn't recommend that same time and energy in scripture with the original languages apart from the academia (and subjective opinions) of men.

As I said... Some are of Apollos, some are of whoever else; you are of Barth and Torrance, with a heart and mind sculpted by Fuller for such things.

Your language exposure alone should let you see at some point whose poiema you have become. Subtly, though. Hard to distinguish.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Patrick thinks he is God.

He even knows more than God does.

Here is a verse Paul wrote especially for Patrick--

Rom 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber

If Barth had not so often expressed inconsistent and contradictory double-mindedness, his works would have been far less verbose, voluminous, and suspect.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If Barth had not so often expressed inconsistent and contradictory double-mindedness, his works would have been far less verbose, voluminous, and suspect.

This has been my perception overall, and I hate the thought of reading an entire 14-volume set to glean any clearer representation of him (or ANY writings of men).

The entirety of the Patristics isn't that voluminous. I'd like to read a singular summary by/about Barth, and the same for Torrance. But 7000 pages is absurd. That's precious prayer and scripture time.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You have no idea of what I believe because you have been indoctrinated by the RCC teachings you do not even know it.

How blind you must be.

You have to know the man Jesus Chridt personally to be saved, and you do not yet.

LA

thanks for some additional judgement. you disrupt and distract, pretending to ask questions, when you've already decided the answer. probably been doing it for years, you can't help it - :patrol:

you couldn't even spell Christ correctly, see how that works ?

View attachment 19356