"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Shasta

True Believers are in a position of having the righteousness of Christ,
forgiveness of all sin, (past, present and future) guaranteed eternal
life, and a relationship with the God of the universe. However, we're
still in our, body of flesh and have a propensity to be disobedient to
our Father in Heaven. He disciplines us accordingly.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleansES us from all sin (1 John 1:7)

IF means that cleansing is conditioned upon our walking in the Light This would not be true if our first cleansing at salvation covered all sins "past, present and future."

"Walking" is a Hebrew term referring to how we live our lives.

IN the LIGHT has to do with what is agreeable to God's nature of truth and holiness.

The word cleanses is in the present tense meaning that it is continual and ongoing not a once-for-all historic event.

Even if you were to make the fallacious argument that this was "for the Jews" it still does not work for Messianic promise was that His sacrifice would bring salvation and the forgiveness of sin. Do you suppose that the blood of Christ was not able to work as complete a work of forgiveness for Jewish Christians as it did for Gentiles? There is only one sacrifice for both.

for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:28).

Aside from all that I have demonstrated by internal and external evidence that John's epistle was not aimed solely at Jews but at an audience that was predominantly Gentile.

elohiym

Aside from all that I have demonstrated by internal and external evidence that John's epistle was not aimed solely at Jews but at an audience that was predominantly Gentile.

John's epistle is awesome and was certainly written to believers. However, they will never believe that as long as they wrongly believe Paul taught the same antinomian nonsense as they do. You need to crush their ideas with Paul's writings; then they can't play that "not written to the Body" game.

elohiym

forgiveness of all sin, (past, present and future)...

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Only past sins, according to Apostle Paul. Why don't you believe him?

Galatians 5:19-21 deals with present and future sins and proves you are wrong. That's probably why you keep evading the question and why your buddies all ran and put me on ignore.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no "next time you sin"......I am not under the law.

Paul was still being convicted of sin after He knew Christ. Rom ch 7.

I know you people who are obsessed with sin don't understand that. What exactly do you think our Lord accomplished on the cross, anyway?????

I am amazed that you can say you do not sin based on your own theology, when Paul wrote so much to believers that they should cease from sinning.

Mortify (ye through the Spirit). Romans 8:13KJV That is the work of the Spirit in me. That is our being conformed into the image of the Son. We are His workmanship created IN CHRIST JESUS.....I won't take credit for what the Spirit of God is doing in me. :)

The exact text is that YOU should mortify the deeds of the body, not that the Spirit alone will do it.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

LA

elohiym

Paul was still being convicted of sin after He knew Christ. Rom ch 7.

I disagree. Paul states in Romans 7:25 that he serves the law of God with his mind. It's not possible for a person to be serving the law of God with his mind if he is doing any of the acts Paul listed in Galatians 5:19-21. He meant his flesh serves the law of sin by dying, not that he still struggled with sin. The things he did that he didn't want to do (Ro 7:20) are unintentional acts like touching unclean things and animals, and also bodily functions like nocturnal emissions. Wilful sin is doing what you want to do, not doing what you don't want to do.

Dan Emanuel

Why do you say it is none of our business?

Don't you believe Paul who says we are to judge those inside the church and do not associate with anyone who sins and calls himself a brother?
Define "the church?" Is someone who doesn't take communion "inside the church?" What does the Scripture say? If taking communion is commanded of us, what justifiable reason's are their for skipping? I suppose that being bedridden or in the hospital, but then clergy could come visit you and give you communion, right? I suppose if you were on a strict liquid diet, you couldn't eat "the bread," but you could still drink of "the cup," right?

DJ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Define "the church?" Is someone who doesn't take communion "inside the church?" What does the Scripture say? If taking communion is commanded of us, what justifiable reason's are their for skipping? I suppose that being bedridden or in the hospital, but then clergy could come visit you and give you communion, right? I suppose if you were on a strict liquid diet, you couldn't eat "the bread," but you could still drink of "the cup," right?

DJ

where does scripture command us to take communion at a church ? i'll save you some time, it doesn't -

Right Divider

Body part
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleansES us from all sin (1 John 1:7)

IF means that cleansing is conditioned upon our walking in the Light This would not be true if our first cleansing at salvation covered all sins "past, present and future."

"Walking" is a Hebrew term referring to how we live our lives.

IN the LIGHT has to do with what is agreeable to God's nature of truth and holiness.

The word cleanses is in the present tense meaning that it is continual and ongoing not a once-for-all historic event.

Even if you were to make the fallacious argument that this was "for the Jews" it still does not work for Messianic promise was that His sacrifice would bring salvation and the forgiveness of sin. Do you suppose that the blood of Christ was not able to work as complete a work of forgiveness for Jewish Christians as it did for Gentiles? There is only one sacrifice for both.

for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins (Matthew 26:28).

That is JUST ridiculous.

John was ONE of the TWELVE apostles that will JUDGE the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL. Why, exactly, would his letters be addressed to an audience that was predominately Gentiles?

Just ridiculous. Just a crazy fantasy of knowledge on your part.

glorydaz

That is JUST ridiculous.

John was ONE of the TWELVE apostles that will JUDGE the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL. Why, exactly, would his letters be addressed to an audience that was predominately Gentiles?

Just ridiculous. Just a crazy fantasy of knowledge on your part.

She clearly doesn't see that believers are all "children of the light". One clue after another .......missed.

1 Thessalonians 5:5
Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

elohiym

Define "the church?"

Way to miss her point.

…10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?