Oregon college murderer: black or white?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What I mean by it not mattering is that obviously this wasn't a race fueled shooting spree. And because of that the shooter's race is kind of irrelevant

If you'd clicked on my above link you would have seen that non-mainstream media sources noted Mercer's admiration of Black Lives Matter racist Eric Sheppard Jr. and double murderer and racist Vester Flanagan (aka Bryce Williams).
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4475024&postcount=13

Try and look at the big picture here Greg: Obama would love nothing more than a race war here in the US. The media has been his ally by claiming blacks are victims (of the big bad racist police and white gun totin racist Christians), yet they never show black racism and them committing atrocities like the one that just happened in Roseburg Oregon.

Greg Jennings

The main problem seems to be an inability on the part of anyone to produce that alteration in a way that actually links it to CNN.

Hmm yes now that I read all three pages of this thread I have some doubts as to the authenticity of the supposed controversy here. If musterion or somebody else can find the actual image from CNN and it appears to show artificially lightened skin tone then there is a real issue. Until then it's just hot air

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The main problem seems to be an inability on the part of anyone to produce that alteration in a way that actually links it to CNN.

Maybe you'll have better luck than I did. See if you can find any photo of mass murderer Chris Harper Mercer on the CNN website.

http://www.cnn.com/

Again, one would think that a major news network would plaster the photo of a mass murderer all over their website. What are they trying to hide?

Greg Jennings

Try and look at the big picture here Greg: Obama would love nothing more than a race war here in the US. The media has been his ally by claiming blacks are victims (of the big bad racist police and white gun totin racist Christians), yet they never show black racism and them committing atrocities like the one that just happened in Roseburg Oregon.

I very much agree that the media treats the Black Lives Matter movement too well. I am constantly baffled by Obama's ignorance of black on black violence while at the same time condemning the comparatively rare police shootings of black people. It bothers me deeply because it seems like he is, as you have already stated, stirring the race pot for no reason other than to create tension.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I very much agree that the media treats the Black Lives Matter movement too well. I am constantly baffled by Obama's ignorance of black on black violence while at the same time condemning the comparatively rare police shootings of black people. It bothers me deeply because it seems like he is, as you have already stated, stirring the race pot for no reason other than to create tension.

Obama has no need to stir the race pot to create tension. The tension is already there, and has been since the day the first slave ship arrived.

And why would you compare civilian violence to police shootings? (That's a rhetorical question, in case you can't tell.)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obama has no need to stir the race pot to create tension. The tension is already there, and has been since the day the first slave ship arrived.

White guilt ridden liberals just won't let the past die (notice how anna didn't mention how those slaves were sold by other blacks in Africa).

I suppose we could talk about how white guilt ridden liberals keep Black Americans enslaved (to sin, to government handouts, etc. etc. etc.), but that might create some tension between TOL's liberals and conservatives, and that's the last thing that I'd want anna. :nono:

Greg Jennings

And why would you compare civilian violence to police shootings? (That's a rhetorical question, in case you can't tell.)

It's about the fact that Mr. Obama has labeled police violence against specifically black targets as a cause for alarm in this country when it accounts for a fraction of 1% of all violent deaths among African Americans. Yet he apparently doesn't see the 92% of all violent black deaths that are caused by other black people as a cause for alarm. Or if he does, then he has declined to say as much

glorydaz

It's about the fact that Mr. Obama has labeled police violence against specifically black targets as a cause for alarm in this country when it accounts for a fraction of 1% of all violent deaths among African Americans. Yet he apparently doesn't see the 92% of all violent black deaths that are caused by other black people as a cause for alarm. Or if he does, then he has declined to say as much

I agree. It's too obvious to ignore.

Greg Jennings

White guilt ridden liberals just won't let the past die (notice how anna didn't mention how those slaves were sold by other blacks in Africa).

While it doesn't absolve American slave owners of their wrongs, you are right that the vast majority of black African slaves involved in the Transatlantic slave trade were captured and enslaved by other African tribes before being bought by the Dutch and Spanish. There is a misconception that white Europeans went to Africa and got their slaves by rounding up free African peoples. PBS (not exactly a conservative platform) had a special about African slavery a few years back that went deep into this

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good luck getting an answer on that - I've asked twice already. As far as I could tell, that photo came from one blog and was passed around from there, but no one who's talking about it seems to have a link to CNN.

Much like you won't find the video clip of NBC news at their site regarding the 911 call for Trayvon Martin.

Tinark

I checked the CNN website and didn't have any luck locating a picture of Chris Harper-Mercer (one would think that they'd at least post a picture of a mass murderer).

As A4T mentioned in an earlier post: that bastion of liberalism (the LA Times) stated that Mercer had "white supremacy leanings".
http://www.latimes.com/nation/natio...ercer-oregon-shooting-20151002-htmlstory.html

So which was it: Did racially mixed Chris Harper-Mercer have "white supremacy leanings" like the LA Times suggested or did he praise black racists Eric Sheppard Jr. and Vester Flanagan?
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4475024&postcount=13

The law enforcement official said that according to the la times story you posted.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Another babe in satan doesn't know why he cursed the fig tree and made it die.

:chuckle:
First, you are correct. Like anyone human, Jesus did condemn others. But since I believe that Jesus always "walked his talk" I see his condemnations as reflecting the agenda of the gospel writers, and not Jesus himself.

The story of Jesus and the fig tree is an obvious metaphor. And to me, metaphors found in sacred literature are one of the closest ways people can describe the divine and/or absolute truth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This thread, and by extension the OP, is a fraudulent one.

A racist pervert speaks. Your takes are as bad as AB, who made one of the most perverted posts I have seen on TOL. She is advocating criminal activity (rioting) and trying to stir the pot.

Thank God for the lake of fire.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What happened.

Zimmerman: Hey we’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there’s a real suspicious guy, uh, it’s Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

What the left wants you to think happened.

Zimmerman“He looks like he’s up to no good, he looks black.”

well, whitey am de debbil :idunno: