you saying it doesn't convert your assumption to fact
Of course it doesn't. I'm not stupid like most of the morons on this website.
I can prove it.
And, by the way, I mean PROVE, as in establish it as factual. I do not mean that I can make a sort of nice sounding semantic statement that makes it go down smoothly. I mean that I can
prove it.
Do you ever even make any attempt at all to prove what you believe to be true to actually be consistent with what is actually the case? Has it ever occurred to you that such a thing is possible? Or do you just think that every major premise that any one holds is a matter of their own personal opinion?
open theism assumes this is true
We do not assume ANYTHING be to be true. We do not even assume that God is just or even that He exists for that matter! We do, of course, accept that God exists and that He is just but not because we merely assume those things to be true.
Our doctrine, at rock bottom, rests on two, and only two, first principles.
Existence is real.
Reason works.
That is, we accept as the two undeniable premises of all thought, whether theological or otherwise, that existence is real and that we can know something about it. Every thought in your head and every intelligible syllable you utter presupposes those two truths. You cannot deny or even question them without relying upon them to do so. As such, even those first principles are themselves not merely assumed to be true. We know that they are true because there could be no such concept as "truth" if they weren't true.
There is not one single syllable (of which I am aware) of my doctrine that is not derived from those two axiomatic statements of truth, including the very existence of God Himself, which is where all theology begins.
"open theism says if God has exhaustive infallible foreknowledge we don't have free will"
We accept this as true and it serves as a premise for many other doctrines but we do not merely say it. It IS a fact and we conform our doctrine to the facts of reality.
but if it were true
then the only thing necessary here would be that God believes it and God definitely believes it
God says "they did not repent"
not , might not maybe not no ish
(Revelation 9:21) And they did not repent of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
You are, in fact, not intelligent enough to be having this conversation.
You need to look up the term "begging the question". Go find the longest article you can find on the subject and read it twice.
God's belief is not the only thing that would be necessary. It isn't mere belief that renders an act not free, it is INFALLIBLE foreknowledge. If God's belief can be wrong then the actions that He has predicted would still be free.
How many times IN THE BIBLE is it recorded that God expected on thing (i.e. He believed one thing would be true) and something else happened?
I wonder what you would do if there were a passage of the bible that was explicitly about that exact subject? I wonder, if God were to have recorded His own thoughts, where He repeatedly states that He expected something that didn't happen and asks questions like "What else could I have done to make it happen that I didn't do?", whether such a passage would move you an inch off your nearly mindless dogma?
Let's try it and see!
Isaiah 5:1 Now let me sing to my Well-beloved
A song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard:
My Well-beloved has a vineyardOn a very fruitful hill.
2 He dug it up and cleared out its stones,
And planted it with the choicest vine.
He built a tower in its midst,
And also made a winepress in it;
So He expected it to bring forth good grapes,
But it brought forth wild grapes.
3 “And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah,
Judge, please, between Me and My vineyard.
4 What more could have been done to My vineyard
That I have not done in it?
Why then, when I expected it to bring forth good grapes,
Did it bring forth wild grapes?
5 And now, please let Me tell you what I will do to My vineyard:
I will take away its hedge, and it shall be burned;
And break down its wall, and it shall be trampled down.
6 I will lay it waste;
It shall not be pruned or dug,
But there shall come up briers and thorns.
I will also command the clouds
That they rain no rain on it.”
7 For the vineyard of the Lord of hosts is the house of Israel,
And the men of Judah are His pleasant plant.
He looked for justice, but behold, oppression;
For righteousness, but behold, a cry for help.
Here's what I expect. You will not be move
AT ALL by that passage.
I still don't buy God's foreknowledge of our choices makes them any less our choices and we know foreknowledge is not a force
No one cares what you do or do not buy. Your rejection of a truth has no bearing on whether it is actually the case.
No one has suggested it is a force nor does that have anything to do with it. I wasn't kidding a moment ago. You serious do not appear to have the requisite intelligence to grasp the argument. If you do, then you're dishonest. Either way, I feel no obligation to feed either stupidity or stubbornness and will not do so. If you wish discuss the issue then address it on it's actual terms and stop playing idiot games.
God said "did not repent" , past tense , fact , not conditional
(Revelation 9:21) And they did not repent
Yeah, that's how language works.
selective literalism is your default course ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Truly, I cannot tell. Is it stupidity or are you a liar?
if you read " (Revelation 9:21) And they did not repent " as written we wouldn't be having this debate
selective literalism is your default course ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
no reading of scripture can be permitted to contradict open theism
can't read it straight ? did happen (Revelation 9:21) And they did not repent
selective literalism is your default course ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Actually, I don't care which it is.
At bottom either you're right and Isaiah 5:1-7 is false, or Isaiah 5:1-7 is true and you're stupid.
Wouldn't it be weird if someone showed up on TOL who wanted to actually have a real discussion that required honest deliberate intellectual effort?!