On Rape

Arthur Brain

Well, I know you may not like this, but I can think of some instances where rape is the woman's fault. I know....women are supposed to have the right to strip naked and do a pole dance at a frat party with a bunch of drunk college men and not get raped, but the fact remains....it would be her fault if she ended up getting raped.

Have to disagree with you on that GD. While it may not be the most advisable way to go on the rape rests solely on the person/s involved in assaulting no matter what.

Arthur Brain

Because your explanations are so bogus. Have you lost all common sense? This is not rocket science. Sometimes victims can be at fault....in any scenario....even rape. Why it's so hard to admit I will never know. It does NOT mean there is no other fault to be had. It simply means that we must ADMIT what is true and not pretend like it isn't there.

Well where do you draw the line? Suppose a woman makes a living as a playboy model? All moral sensibilities on the profession aside, is she at fault if some nut recognizes her from the mag and attacks her because she's posed nude?

glorydaz

Well where do you draw the line? Suppose a woman makes a living as a playboy model? All moral sensibilities on the profession aside, is she at fault if some nut recognizes her from the mag and attacks her because she's posed nude?

The man is still at fault for a rape.....as is true with any scenario.

The woman can't claim she has no fault, however. Had she not posed in the nude, the man wouldn't have attacked her. Seems pretty simple to me.

Arthur Brain

The woman can't claim she has no fault, however. Had she not posed in the nude, the man wouldn't have attacked her. Seems pretty simple to me.

Yes she can. She's not at fault because some monster can't separate fantasy from reality. Let's get real here. Most blokes at least have had some sort of glamour mags or seen such and they can distinguish between the two. What of a fashion model who poses in swimwear? Is she at fault because some guy thinks she's looking provocative in a certain pose? Hey, what of a model who's fully clothed but someone thinks she has a 'come hither' look in a certain shot and stalks her?

It's ridiculous.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

your going to fast for art

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:think: I bet that's the excuse a thief would use after bashing someone's skull in to steal their diamond ring.

"Had she not worn that ring, I wouldn't have been tempted to steal it".

It's a convenient myth that rape is about sex. It's about aggression, hatred and power.

glassjester

:think: I bet that's the excuse a thief would use after bashing someone's skull in to steal their diamond ring.

It's a convenient myth that rape is about sex. It's about aggression, hatred and power.

It's the same defense Adam tried in the garden. "But she tempted meeee."

I'd be interested to hear from Ok Doser - is God responsible for all human sin, since he can stop it, and doesn't?

glorydaz

Yes she can. She's not at fault because some monster can't separate fantasy from reality. Let's get real here. Most blokes at least have had some sort of glamour mags or seen such and they can distinguish between the two. What of a fashion model who poses in swimwear? Is she at fault because some guy thinks she's looking provocative in a certain pose? Hey, what of a model who's fully clothed but someone thinks she has a 'come hither' look in a certain shot and stalks her?

It's ridiculous.

The "monster" still has total fault and guilt....none of that goes away just because some woman has some fault of her own. It' isn't like she shares in his guilt. If the woman wasn't exposing herself, then she wouldn't have caught the eye of some nut, and if she caught his eye while doing nothing wrong, then she'd be completely innocent. But, there is most often enough fault to go around, and often it goes to more than one source. You make a good point about where do we draw the line. That isn't for me to try and guess or judge. It comes back to the question of whether people are responsible for their own actions when their actions result in something bad happening to them.

glorydaz

It's a convenient, and obviously common, myth that nothing a woman does can ever be a contributing factor in her being raped. :angel:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The "monster" still has total fault and guilt....none of that goes away just because some woman has some fault of her own. It' isn't like she shares in his guilt. If the woman wasn't exposing herself,

I wonder how that excuse would work at the beach. No more one or two piece bathing suits. Baggy jeans and sweat shirt only.

Arthur Brain

The "monster" still has total fault and guilt....none of that goes away just because some woman has some fault of her own. It' isn't like she shares in his guilt. If the woman wasn't exposing herself, then she wouldn't have caught the eye of some nut, and if she caught his eye while doing nothing wrong, then she'd be completely innocent. But, there is most often enough fault to go around, and often it goes to more than one source. You make a good point about where do we draw the line. That isn't for me to try and guess or judge. It comes back to the question of whether people are responsible for their own actions when their actions result in something bad happening to them.

Well, you're right in that the rapist has total fault. A nude or glamour model has none just like the fashion model etc. Just because a woman makes a profession out of modelling isn't in any way due cause for her to bear fault simply because some crank thinks she's 'asking for it'. Heck, someone unhinged enough to think a model is inviting sex for simply posing for a photoshoot would likely take an innocent glance from someone on a subway as a 'come on' or a short enough skirt...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's a convenient, and obviously common, myth that nothing a woman does can ever be a contributing factor in her being raped. :angel:

Oh. Did someone suggest that rape victims don't deserve to be raped?
Perhaps that was me.

So what about those beaches?