On Rape

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Interestingly enough, this is the type of arguments used by a DEFENSE attorney who is hired to make sure a violent predator is allowed to stay free and go on to prey on others.

lawyers are immoral scumbags :idunno:

I guess this means ...

when you start off with this, it usually means you're about to make a wild leap of "logic" and create an amusing strawman:

...a business man who leaves a meeting after sharing drinks with a potential client is solely responsible should he be robbed and beaten. After all, if he was stone cold sober, that innocent pillar of virtue may not have been able to get the upper hand.

and you don't disappoint! :thumb:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
On another note, some posters have waxed vehement on the victim of sexual abuse being somehow responsible or even partly responsible for the abuse because they should have known better?

A child is never responsible for that. I havent seen anyone here even suggest such a thing. Even where it was presented that a child was molested, the parent who allowed a known pedophile to watch the child was said to be partially responsible. Not.the.child.

glassjester

Alright, I'll give you one from many years ago. I went to a party down on campus, drinking (under age), and smoking weed when I was supposed to be staying at a friend's house. There was a knock on the door and we opened it to black guys with guns and nylon stockings over their faces. (They didn't even need to break in). We were robbed and scared and had to spend the night at the police station giving statements. I was where I should not have been, and I knew it. They were at fault, but I had to accept some of the responsibility.....as my parents made very clear after I called them.

Why did you let this happen?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course, but...

Why not?

Absolutely. Children are never responsible for violations and acts of harm committed towards them.

I wonder why so much effort is put into making violations and act of harm committed towards women the woman's fault. Or more aptly put ... why the women *deserve* this. :think:

This really is nothing new though. For decades, domestic abusers have used excuses such as "if she just would have listened" or "she knows how I react in these situations".

Then on the other hand, rape victims are criticized for refusing to testify or come forward and report the crime.

These poor rapists just never get a fair shake.

Last edited:

glorydaz

A child is never responsible for that. I havent seen anyone here even suggest such a thing. Even where it was presented that a child was molested, the parent who allowed a known pedophile to watch the child was said to be partially responsible. Not.the.child.

But they can't resist making that claim. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Absolutely. Children are never responsible for violations and acts of harm committed towards them.

I wonder why so much effort is put into make violations and act of harm committed towards women the woman's fault. Or more aptly put ... why the women *deserve* this. :think:

This really is nothing new though. For decades, domestic abusers have used excuses such as "if she just would have listened" or "she knows how I react in these situations".

Then on the other hand, rape victims are criticized for refusing to testify or come forward and report the crime.

These poor rapists just never get a fair shake.

Doser was right.....you do take great leaps that prove very entertaining. :) (I still think you rock, Rusha. :))

Women are not children. They are adults and must be held accountable for their own actions no matter how much they'd like to be "special".

NO ONE has any sympathy for the rapist. I'm not sure why you find it necessary to say things like that. Is it because you can't prove your point without it. :think:

glassjester

Because sometimes there are innocent victims (children) and sometimes there are those who make themselves victims by their own actions (strippers). :chew:

So how can we know which is which?

And again, what makes the child an innocent victim?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
23 “If a young woman who is a virgin is betrothed to a husband, and a man finds her in the city and lies with her, 24 then you shall bring them both out to the gate of that city, and you shall stone them to death with stones, the young woman because she did not cry out in the city, and the man because he humbled his neighbor’s wife; so you shall put away the evil from among you.

25 “But if a man finds a betrothed young woman in the countryside, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die.

I thought some unadulterated truth would be useful for the discussion. I hope people get their thinking caps on, because sometimes they are confused by this. Although I cannot figure out why.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Doser was right.....you do take great leaps that prove very entertaining. :) (I still think you rock, Rusha. :))

Women are not children. They are adults and must be held accountable for their own actions no matter how much they'd like to be "special".

NO ONE has any sympathy for the rapist. I'm not sure why you find it necessary to say things like that. Is it because you can't prove your point without it. :think:

:thumb:

Arthur Brain

I am interested in reading your reasoning. I am not going to make any emotional responses.

I do have my own theories as to how a rape culture was created. The woman individually may not be responsible, but the cancer of feminism and political correctness feeds into it. It has created an atmosphere of resentment and misogyny.

I am a veteran and manage many military themed boards. Feminists tend to try and strip away from these old salts many of their traditional practices because 'they are not politically correct'. They get very resentful. I have seen many fights break out on these boards. I ban the PC feminists to keep things running smoothly.

Also a part of this culture of rape and misogyny is the proliferation of men making themselves into 'mock women'--replacing women with themselves.

What do you consider of society pre - suffragette movement? What rights did women have then and in relation to rape what kind of voice in a patriarchal society? How many women suffered abuse behind closed doors? Back then it would have hardly been politically correct for women to serve in any form of military capacity or hold office so you have Emiline Pankhurst and company to thank for that.

I cannot think of a single situation where a rape of a woman is the woman's fault. Further, there is no situation where it is justified and anyone who argues otherwise is mentally ill.

Spot on. :thumb: