On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxfire

then why do they spend so much effort here on campus advising the students on strategies to avoid being raped?

Rape avoidance strategy serves the same function as the anti-terrorism strategies employed by the NSA.

Being in a crowded soft target environment in no way exonerates the terrorist of the grief visited on previously informed victims.

Rape IS sexual terrorism.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There is zero correlation between a rapist and what women do ...

two cases of rape - in each case I can think of a lot of things the women could have done differently to reduce their risk of being raped - i'll bet you can too:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

A female student in the dorms invited a male friend over to her dorm room. They were in the room alone with the door closed. He had just come from playing basketball and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, she was wearing flannel jammies. They started making out on her bed, his hands went places she was ok with at first, but then thought better of and tried to stop. He didn't stop and continued, she didn't cry out for help and afterwards claimed rape.

ok doser

Rape avoidance strategy serves the same function as the anti-terrorism strategies employed by the NSA.

Being in a crowded soft target environment in no way exonerates the terrorist of the grief visited on previously informed victims.

Rape IS sexual terrorism.

nobody is suggesting that the criminal isn't acting criminally and doesn't deserve to be punished for their criminal actions

glorydaz

nobody is suggesting that the criminal isn't acting criminally and doesn't deserve to be punished for their criminal actions

I'm guessing that's been said at least 100 times on this thread alone. :chuckle:

I honestly doubt most posters on this thread will even consider this, but here's some good information about the "victim" culture we live in today, and may be useful in your studies.

The victim's basic stance is that he or she:
Is not responsible for what happened.
Is always morally right.
Is not accountable.
Is forever entitled to sympathy.
Is justified in feeling moral indignation for being wronged.

It has yet to be widely understood that by alleviating all women, minorities, inmates, or any victim, of any and all responsibility to predict, prevent or even, unconsciously, invite abuse, is to reduce them to helpless, incapable creatures, and in-fact, re-victimizes them.

http://www.zurinstitute.com/victim_psychology.html

ok doser

I'm guessing that's been said at least 100 times on this thread alone. :chuckle:

i'm thinking about adding it to my signature line

I honestly doubt most posters on this thread will even consider this, but here's some good information about the "victim" culture we live in today, and may be useful in your studies.

thanks glory :thumb:

i'd love to see anna's response to that, but i doubt she'll comment on it, being incapable and helpless :)

ok doser

a paraphrase** from the OP:
My friend koban/some other dude/ resurrected/resodko/ok doser/dorky hoser, whom I admire for his brilliance, charm, wit and caring demeanor, said something the other day that puzzles me, so I thought I'd ask him nicely:

what did you mean when you posted "rape is a choice that women make"?

I'm glad you asked anna - I think if you read Scenario #6 in the "On Responsibility" thread, it will all be clear: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4520791&postcount=40

especially take notice of the bolded part:

Frank says "What are you talking about? You deserved to get your butt kicked. I told you not to go down there. You chose to get your butt kicked. Next time don't be such a moron."

**paraphrase means that it isn't anna's exact words

bybee

i'm thinking about adding it to my signature line

thanks glory :thumb:

i'd love to see anna's response to that, but i doubt she'll comment on it, being incapable and helpless :)

Are you a psychiatrist? How do you know that another person is "incapable and helpless"?
It is almost slanderous as it implies mental illness?
You really enjoy hurting people and kicking them when you think they are down?

glorydaz

Are you a psychiatrist? How do you know that another person is "incapable and helpless"?
It is almost slanderous as it implies mental illness?
You really enjoy hurting people and kicking them when you think they are down?

I believe it was in reference to the article which speaks of the culture of victimhood that we live in.

"It has yet to be widely understood that by alleviating all women, minorities, inmates, or any victim, of any and all responsibility to predict, prevent or even, unconsciously, invite abuse, is to reduce them to helpless, incapable creatures, and in-fact, re-victimizes them."

ok doser

I believe it was in reference to the article which speaks of the culture of victimhood that we live in.

"It has yet to be widely understood that by alleviating all women, minorities, inmates, or any victim, of any and all responsibility to predict, prevent or even, unconsciously, invite abuse, is to reduce them to helpless, incapable creatures, and in-fact, re-victimizes them."

:think: now where have i seen that before?

Foxfire

not all of them

just the whores and those who act like whores

You deftly dodged the definition of "whores" as being participants in CONSENSUAL sex for monetary gain.

Your continued efforts to attach that connotation of prostitution to women that are victims of rape is as ludicrous as it is offensive.

Rape is rape is rape is rape, Ad nauseam. We all get that.

The problem of 'rape culture' is exacerbated by the practice of attaching negative connotations of this sort to it's victims, and serves no purpose other than to be a distasteful red herring.

As skillful as you are at defining what your point IS NOT, those continual shunts only illustrate and belie your unwillingness (or inability) to succinctly articulate any position.

As evidenced by the voluminous bulk of effluent discharge (on your behalf) emanating from the myriad threads that you have engendered of late in regard to this subject.

ok doser

You deftly dodged the definition of "whores" as being participants in CONSENSUAL sex for monetary gain.

Your continued efforts to attach that connotation of prostitution to women that are victims of rape is as ludicrous as it is offensive.

Rape is rape is rape is rape, Ad nauseam. We all get that.

The problem of 'rape culture' is exacerbated by the practice of attaching negative connotations of this sort to victims, and serves no purpose other than to be a distasteful red herring.

As skillful as you are at defining what your point IS NOT, those continual shunts only illustrate and belie your unwillingness (or inability) to succinctly articulate any position.

As evidenced by the voluminous bulk of effluent discharge on your behalf, emanating from the myriad threads that you have engendered of late in regard to this subject.

well then, allow me to clearly and succinctly define what my position is (for the hundredth time :doh: )

all people should be responsible for their actions and the consequences that can be reasonably expected to ensue from those actions

that includes rapists and rape victims

get it?

Foxfire

well then, allow me to clearly and succinctly define what my position is (for the hundredth time :doh: )

all people should be responsible for their actions and the consequences that can be reasonably expected to ensue from those actions

that includes rapists and rape victims

get it?

Supra: Supra: Supra: ad nasium. What is the solution that you forward?

ok doser

a nice first step would be the recognition that women bear some responsibility for the consequences of their actions when they engage in risky behavior

but i believe i've plowed this field a few times already

Foxfire

Your solution to centuries of social programming for women to be almost(sic) competitive in their displays of desirability???

crickets

ok doser

i'll see your supra and raise you a supra aqura ramra

Lambo-Riva-1.jpg

LoneStar

then why do they spend so much effort here on campus advising the students on strategies to avoid being raped?
To hang on to the old boys will be boys poplularity to ease the concience of males and further subjugate females under the thumb of men.

You want to eliminate %100 percent of women who are ____ so a minority of out of control rapist men are not enticed.
whores
strippers
mini-skirt wearers
drunks

But we can't stop there now can we, because rapes are still happening. So let's just keep piling on the conduct code for women until they are completely covered and under lock and key. That'll show them rapists how much we detest them.

Congratulations, you're a liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.