On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

And I am not absolving an adult for engaging in behavior which might put him/her at risk. We suffer our consequences for good or ill.
Consequences might mean victimization by an opportunist criminal.

There it is in a nutshell, folks.

I can't believe people are still arguing about this. You all know this deep down inside, and it even pops out on occasion. It's popped out right here for all to see. Will you see it, or will you keep going on and on and on refusing to admit that all of us are responsible for what we do?

bybee

I can't believe people are still arguing about this. You all know this deep down inside, and it even pops out on occasion. It's popped out right here for all to see. Will you see it, or will you keep going on and on and on refusing to admit that all of us are responsible for what we do?

It is right there for you to see also.
We are, EACH, responsible for what we do.
The rapist is responsible for rape.
One may be victimized by being foolish or not.

LoneStar

My glorious Warrior Woman! Wanna make a bet? wink

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All women are glorious.

even crystal mangum?

131122112104_crystal-mangum.jpg

prostitute, stripper, murderer, arsonist, child abuser - who falsely accused three students of rape, putting their lives on hold

you must define "glorious" differently than I :nono:

glorydaz

It is right there for you to see also.
We are, EACH, responsible for what we do.
The rapist is responsible for rape.
One may be victimized by being foolish or not.

That has been said from the start....never once denied. I've seen it from the beginning of this thread, as did Angel.

Every wrong has it's own fault.

Raping is wrong.
Stripping teasing is wrong. At least most Christians believe so.

There is always enough guilt and fault to go around. We don't have to share in anyone else's guilt. The rapist didn't do a strip tease...he did MUCH MUCH worse. The stripper didn't rape, but that does not remove her own personal fault.

ok doser

No, not at all. Once a person says no then that's it, end of story. Doesn't matter if they've flirted with you all night, gave all the come on signals, stripped or even during intercourse itself. If they tell you to stop and you go ahead then you're raping that person and you do not 'get off the hook' for that, at all.

what if they're mute? :think:

ok doser

There was no rape, buddy. If all you want to do is change the goalpost, then buzz off.

And? I don't believe I offered a definition for glorious women.

not moving the goalpost

you said "All women are glorious", remember?

I don't think Crystal Mangum is "glorious".

your opinion may differ :idunno:

Foxfire

Men are free to openly advertise and accentuate their sexual magnetism with suggestions of prowess or ease of availability, not that that's virtuous in ANY sense; entirely without concern of being victimized or marginalized in light of their behavior. (prison populations excluded)

There seems to be no shortage of 'ladies of the evening' that will, for a price, ....

Whores are people, both men and women, who make an economic enterprise of consensual sex.

If you continually cast the victims of rape as being 'whores' that somehow deserved what they got, then I submit that you are willfully exacerbating the problem of rape culture.

LoneStar

Men are free to openly advertise and accentuate their sexual magnetism with suggestions of prowess or ease of availability, not that that's virtuous in ANY sense; entirely without concern of being victimized or marginalized in light of their behavior. (prison populations excluded)

There seems to be no shortage of 'ladies of the evening' that will, for a price, ....

Whores are people, both men and women, who make an economic enterprise of consensual sex.

If you continually cast the victims of rape as being 'whores' that somehow deserved what they got, then I submit that you are willfully exacerbating the problem of rape culture.
Well said. It seems the old 'boys will be boys' popularity is making a comeback.

ok doser

Yes you did buddy. You tried to enter an example of a non-rape when the conversation is about rape, not non-rape.

you said:
All women are glorious.

and you've danced away from it, so i'll ask again:

Do you consider Crystal Mangum glorious?

131122112104_crystal-mangum.jpg

prostitute, stripper, murderer, arsonist, child abuser - who falsely accused three students of rape

how about it Lonestar?

Is she a "glorious woman"?

LoneStar

not all of them

just the whores and those who act like whores
What does one being a whore have to do with the other being a rapist? The reason rapists exist in the world is not because there are whores in the world. Eliminate every whore and you still have rapists. Now what? Eliminate all strippers and you still have rapists. Now what? Eliminate all tank tops and mini skirts and you still have rapists. Now what? Eliminate all drunk women and you still have rapists. Now what? How far are you going to keep going with this?

There is zero correlation between a rapist and what women do or wear. Apples and oranges. You want to make the apple partly to blame for the orange being an orange. Get out of town with that crap.

Quetzal

What does one being a whore have to do with the other being a rapist? The reason rapists exist in the world is not because there are whores in the world. Eliminate every whore and you still have rapists. Now what? Eliminate all strippers and you still have rapists. Now what? Eliminate all tank tops and mini skirts and you still have rapists. Now what? Eliminate all drunk women and you still have rapists. Now what? How far are you going to keep going with this?
I look forward to seeing him try to weasel his way out of these questions. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.