On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

But he is. I'm sorry (sincerely) that you can't see that.

LOL And I'm sincerely sorry you can't see that even though the rapist is GUILTY, the woman has some guilt of her OWN when she engages in certain behavior.

If I get drunk and try to cross a busy street and get hit by a car, I didn't run over myself, but I was at fault for putting myself in front of the car.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Sorry to disappoint your little scenario, but rage isn't part of the equation here, nor is blindness. You just made an argument for rape.

go back and re-read that post

notice the second line that says

this does not remove any responsibility from the rapist - he is just as guilty for raping

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nobody is saying it does.

Exactly and been said over and over, full responsibility for the rape to the rapist, isnt canceled out by personal responsibility for negligent or carelessness on owns actions.

They are acting like someone is saying the rapist isnt guilty because...

when no one said that at ALL.

Would the same objections ensue, if it was your car got stolen when you left it running and unlocked when you went into the store?

Theif still responsible for the theft, but the owner is partially responsible for the loss that occurred

ok doser

Exactly and been said over and over, full responsibility for the rape to the rapist, isnt canceled out by personal responsibility for negligent or carelessness on owns actions.

They are acting like someone is saying the rapist isnt guilty because...

when no one said that at ALL.

this is why I started the "On Responsibility" thread

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
go back and re-read that post

notice the second line that says

this does not remove any responsibility from the rapist - he is just as guilty for raping

And you think I'm enraged... :chuckle:

No, sod, you're not off the hook. You believe that rape is a choice that women make.

And that if they didn't dress or behave according to your dictates that they even deserve to have that "choice" inflicted on them.

glorydaz

What does this mean, then?

"doesn't make the act of rape more understandable or justifiable"

It means rape is never justifiable. There are certain things all women must understand. Not all men are like LoneStar. Many are ruled by the flesh....carnal. If a woman is going to act the harlot in front of carnal men, she shouldn't be surprised when they prove themselves to be carnal. It's a matter of common sense.

ok doser

It means rape is never justifiable. There are certain things all women must understand. Not all men are like LoneStar. Many are ruled by the flesh....carnal. If a woman is going to act the harlot in front of carnal men, she shouldn't be surprised when they prove themselves to be carnal. It's a matter of common sense.

I thought my example of the baconfat and the zoo would have made it clear :idunno:

glorydaz

And you think I'm enraged... :chuckle:

No, sod, you're not off the hook. You believe that rape is a choice that women make.
And that if they didn't dress or behave according to your dictates that they even deserve to have that "choice" inflicted on them.

Then, Anna, you should stick to the "choice" part and stop making all those other statements that Doser did not make.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

The problem with your argument is that one person's harlot is another person's saint having a bad hair day.

LoneStar

I don't think some understand what rape is. One can be raped while sleeping soundly in their home, or while stripping at a bar. Neither position makes them hold any responsibility for being raped. Rape is rape. The one being raped holds no responsibility.

And one should never ever think of rape as some whacy punishment for their provocative behavior, or to think of rape as a: Well, you should have expected RAPE by your behavior. There is no behavior that should expect RAPE.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
if your daughter stripped naked, smeared herself with baconfat and jumped in the tiger cage at the zoo and then complained about being mauled by the animals, would you be sympathetic?
YES!
What fool wouldn't be sympathetic (besides you)?

Status
Not open for further replies.