Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' standards is perfection.

No one can match up to His.

So it is arrogant saying "I don't sin".

We are all sinners.

God's Truth

God's Truth

I do agree that a Christian doesn't continue in sin although they may sin due to weakness at times. Someone who is following the Spirit properly won't sin but rather love their neighbor. Jesus also does tell us to "Go and sin no more".

Where we separate is that you consider works to be able to have a cleansing effect on sin from our previous posts but this isn't in the bible.
Only blood(sacrifice/Jesus) does that and it's impossible to wash a sin away apart from that. I don't sin because I am a child of God and properly following God I won't continue to sin. I think its good to come to a realization that Jesus has taken care of all your sin and you are saved. Any sin that you may have done has its reward already paid. Yeah? So how can we take away a sin by doing good?

I would like to know where you got that our obeying is cleansing?

Jesus washes our sins away and gives us forgiveness for the sins we repent of doing.

Our obeying gives us the Spirit and life.

We remain in Jesus' love by obeying him.

God's Truth

I consider sin to be thoughts and emotions. Not just actions.

That is right. You can sin in your thoughts and emotions.

Although I can keep my act up good,

So it is just an "act" to you?

if I am tempted I consider that a sin as it means I have an evil desire.

If you have evil desires then that is sin.

I find the best way to not even think about evil things are to pursue God. When I would evangelize daily it was quite easy. If I socialize with people who arent God centered it gets too difficult.

You have to hate what is evil until you hate what is evil. I cannot image what you are being tempted with when you socialize.

Honestly know idea why you're saying "So you are saying you do not yet know how to distinguish good from evil?" what does that have to do with anything with my post?

You said when you do something wrong and then it is revealed to you that you did something wrong. How is it you do not know you did something wrong?

And another thing, I considered presently forgiven. I don't need to be forgiven anymore. I guess we differ on quite a lot more than it appeared

If a person confesses and repents of a sin, they are expected to stop that sin. They are forgiven of their sin. If the person goes back to that sin and is again sorry, then they need to confess the sin and repent of it again.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nonon,

If you say you are perfect, you are saying the same thing as GT.

Why are you arguing with her?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Only perfect Christians won't sin.

In reality, you are claiming the exactly the same thing with GT.

God's Truth

Nonon,

If you say you are perfect, you are saying the same thing as GT.

Why are you arguing with her?

Jesus says those saved are perfect and holy.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

After being made perfect, those saved are to live up to that.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

1 Thessalonians 2:12
encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

King James Bible
2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Thessalonians 1:5 It is a clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God’s kingdom, for which you also are suffering,

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why are you arguing with GT?

You seems to be condemning her because she says she does not sin. But you are claiming the same thing.

What is going on?

You can say you don't sin but she cannot?

God's Truth

Shes got a point tho, just i dont believe our flesh can ever be good. but it can be controlled by the spirit through prayer and faith. I personally hold no weight on my own strength. I try to be my weakest so God can be his strongest in my vessel

She does not have a point. Anyone who sins by slandering a chosen of God is doing great harm to themselves.

You contradict yourself when you say you are perfect, but your flesh cannot ever be good.

When Jesus washed away your sins you were made perfect and holy; even your flesh.

Now you are to live up to that.

That is the Word of God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shes got a point tho, just i dont believe our flesh can ever be good. but it can be controlled by the spirit through prayer and faith. I personally hold no weight on my own strength. I try to be my weakest so God can be his strongest in my vessel

You see what she is saying? She is agreeing with you.

She hates me because I don't value Paul's word as much as most Christians do.

Most of all I don't agree with her because she says she obeys everything Jesus commands and have no sin.

Isn't that what you are claiming too?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus commands us to be humble.

Claiming to be sinless is arrogant spirit.

Arrogance is antichrist spirit.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ahh sometimes I think "We all just want to be with God and to follow his teachings" it's a shame the spiritual realm can't be an easy thing since we are flesh. Sorry if i annoyed / offended you guys, i made a couple posts with those feelings because i felt annoyed over a post or two my self. I am in the flesh still after all. haha.

It's mainly the method on how we get to that point which is different.

A run down on my beliefs, even if you don't agree with me is this.

The sacrifice fundamentals

Jesus baptism he received from john literally took all sin past/present/future.
Jesus carried these sins to the cross, dying and being judged for all those sins.
Resurrection etc afterwards.
I believe I am sinless "Because Jesus took away all my sin and died with it"

I don't believe someone is sinless because they stop doing the action of sin but rather are sinless for putting their full faith in Jesus. It has nothing to do with how strong i am from refraining from eating pizza with extra cheese and salami (im hungry). But for real I consider my self a very weak person. This is because I desire Gods strength to lay on me all the more.

It is all semantics. nitpicking.

God's Truth

You're assuming too much with the word 'act'. Everyone 'acts' based on their beliefs. You 'act' like you know what I meant for example.

I am not assuming too much. You are the one who is saying contradictory things.

Correct! Evil desires are bad.

How long have you been a Christian? Why are you still having evil desires?

Now is your flesh good?

Of course, my flesh is good.

My body was washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

I now live my life offering my body to Christ as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.

Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

I remember Jesus once saying that we need to pray because the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Perhaps you are different.

Jesus said that to his apostles that needed sleep.

Do you think sleeping is a sin?

Socializing with sinners who are bad influences can tempt a believer. This is why we cannot have fellowship with darkness. Let me look up the verse for you. 2 cor 6:14-16

You are the one who said you socialize with sinners and are tempted.

I am around sinners all the time in this world, but I am not tempted by what they do.

You're reading into it again.

I am not reading anything in it that is not there.

Nevertheless anything that is revealed is light
Repentance is to stop doing evil. You're right.

Can someone become a sinner again after believing in God?

Of course, people can become a sinner again after believing in God.

There are many people who believe in God and they have never stopped sinning, and they do not even think they have to stop.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nonon,

Most Christians claim to be saved; this is the same kind of spirit with sinless doctrine you guys are preaching.

Jesus is the judge who will be saved or not. It goes with sinless believers.

We will be judged when the time comes whether our faith is approved or not by Jesus.