Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

5. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

6. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

7. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

8. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

9. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

10. Revelation 12:17
◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

11. Revelation 14:12
◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And here is confirmation from Jesus of keeping Ten commandments as requirement.

Matthew 19:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have the same thread except slightly changed the title.

Old title was offensive to the majority.

blessings.

Mocking You

Those verses all say those who are already in Christ will keep His commandments. There is no If-Then statement, eg. IF you keep my commandments THEN you will have eternal life. Those verses are saying BECAUSE you have eternal life you will keep my commandments.

The verses from Matthew 19 deals with the Jewish people keeping the commandments. The person asking Jesus was a Jew and the new Covenant had not yet been established (Jesus had not yet died and been resurrected) so the law was still applicable. Besides, if you are going to believe verses 16-19 you must also accept verse 21--go and sell all you have and give it to the poor. Have you done that?

Here is the way of salvation:

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Those verses all say those who are already in Christ will keep His commandments. There is no If-Then statement, eg. IF you keep my commandments THEN you will have eternal life. Those verses are saying BECAUSE you have eternal life you will keep my commandments.

The verses from Matthew 19 deals with the Jewish people keeping the commandments. The person asking Jesus was a Jew and the new Covenant had not yet been established (Jesus had not yet died and been resurrected) so the law was still applicable. Besides, if you are going to believe verses 16-19 you must also accept verse 21--go and sell all you have and give it to the poor. Have you done that?

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

So ignore all OP verses.

how convenient.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.
Trusting the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is the only requirement to be saved and sealed!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So ignore all OP verses.
NONE of which have ANYTHING to do with ANY OF US!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

bump

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

What makes this the more offensive to us is that you disobey all His commands

His no.1. command is that we love the brethren, and because you actively hate the brethren God calls you a murderer like Cain

We PROVED it when you teamed up with jerzy to support Islam killing the Trins

turbosixx

Here is an If/Then:

Rom. 11:20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Everyone,

Please read all OP verses carefully.

Salvation is conditional.

If we don't love Jesus, there is no salvation.

Jesus says "if you love Me, keep my commands".

I says it all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everyone,

I says it all.

We who are a member of the Body of Christ don't live under the
law. You are trying your best to earn your way to eternal life.
Good luck with that.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Everyone,

I says it all.

If you don't love His brethren you don't love Him

Mocking You

Everyone,

I says it all.

Let's see...

John 15:10

Nothing about salvation here, and if you say there is you must also acknowledge that Jesus was saved by keeping His Father's commandments.

1 John 2:3
New King James Version
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

KJV
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

NIV
We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.

How do you know if you're a Christian? You keep God's commandments. NOT how do you become a Christian.

1 John 2:4
New King James Version

Verse is talking about people that have professed faith in Christ. Again, one of the signs of a true Christian is a person that keeps His commandments. One does not BECOME a Christian by keeping his commandments.

1 John 3:22

We, we, we....John is talking about people that are already Christians.

1 John 3:24
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Abides: (def.) Stays, remains, continues

These people are already Christians. That's why they keep His commandments.

Revelation 12:17

Revelation 14:12

People in this verse are already saved.

So, no, I'm not ignoring your verses. You are misinterpreting them.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nothing about salvation here,

It is condition of being His faithful to Him. You need to know if you are not faithful to Him, He is not your Lord. then you are lying to God and Jesus claiming to be saved.

Remember, accepting Jesus as your Lord is condition of being a Christian.

1 John 2:3
New King James Version
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

KJV
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

NIV
We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands.

How do you know if you're a Christian? You keep God's commandments. NOT how do you become a Christian.

If you accept Jesus as your Lord, you are His followers. And read the above of my commentary.

1 John 2:4
New King James Version

Verse is talking about people that have professed faith in Christ. Again, one of the signs of a true Christian is a person that keeps His commandments. One does not BECOME a Christian by keeping his commandments.

And Jesus is talking about being faithful is condition to become His follower. And read the above commentary.

1 John 3:22

We, we, we....John is talking about people that are already Christians.

Yes, if you are His true followers you must obey His commands because He is His followers Lord, meaning master. I hope you know what master means.

1 John 3:24
Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

Abides: (def.) Stays, remains, continues

Of course, you are not remaining, if you refuse to obey His commands.

You are no longer His servants if you don't obey His commands because you are not remaining in Him by refusing to obey Him.

Revelation 12:17

If you refuse to obey His commands, you are no longer His follower. Read the above.

Revelation 14:12

People in this verse are already saved.

So, no, I'm not ignoring your verses. You are misinterpreting them.

You are just reading and making excuses not to obey as He says.

Why do you call yourselves Christian if you don't appreciate His teachings?

It is amazing.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

◦New King James Version

Better watch out. Bringing up the words of Jesus are bound to get other posters into slamming your character and making fun of your hat!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I have the same thread except slightly changed the title.

Old title was offensive to the majority.

blessings.

Why do you make your point with verses from John, you said before the book of John is illegitimate and then using 1 John, when you claim everything past matthew mark and luke, when youve claim all those illegitmate also - means you only believe verses you like.