• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Noah's Ark & post-flood speciation

Stuu

"Luke is a historian of the first rank; not merely are his statements of fact trustworthy...this author should be placed along with the very greatest historians."
And you ask who wrote Luke...
Likely John Mark in about 68AD...... Ultimately though,
"All scripture is inspired by God...."
So we don't really know with any confidence who this top historian was, and we don't know with any confidence when this work was written.

And, according to whoever wrote the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus was threatened with infanticide by the Judean king Herod, who died in 4BCE. Luke 1 has Mary visiting Elizabeth and talking to Gabriel about that time. But Luke 2 has Jesus born during the governorship of Quirinius, which didn't start until 6CE.

Calling an anonymous person writing at an unknown time who made that mistake a top historian seems a bit of an exaggeration to me.

Stuart

6days

Calling an anonymous person writing at an unknown time who made that mistake a top historian seems a bit of an exaggeration to me.
Stuart
Wow.... I am so surprised you object!!!:p
Actually Stuu...The statement wasn't mine.
Archaeologist, Sir William Ramsey said "I began with a mind unfavorable to it...but more recently I found myself brought into contact with the Book of Acts as an authority for the topography, antiquities, and society of Asia Minor. It was gradually borne upon me that in various details the narrative showed marvelous truth"

Luke is a historian of the first rank; not merely are his statements of fact trustworthy...this author should be placed along with the very greatest historians."
http://www.bibleevidences.com/archeology.htm

Alate_One

Yeah the same one I already posted that unites New Guinea and Australia. There are kangaroos in New Guinea.
Spoiler

Tree_kangaroo2.jpg

Your problem is it doesn't unite with the rest of Asia. So you have the same problem. No land bridge connecting the middle east to Australia. The Wallace line is a location where the east side has kangaroos in the trees and the west side has monkeys in the trees.

Explain that with YEC ideas.

Stuu

Somebody whom you know about because of his testimony 1930 years later. He is a chosen written messenger for God.
So you put the writing at around 85CE.

Does your god often inspire mistakes like the mix up in the historical setting of Jesus's birth?

Isn't it more likely that the writer of Luke was a zealot determined to paint Jesus as the fulfillment of prophecies in Micah, which meant inventing a story of a return to Bethlehem for a census? The Romans would not have required people to relocate for a Judean census and Joseph wasn't a resident of Judea in any case.

Stuart

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Then you are quite unaware of what Roland T. Bird did and what he was interested in.

A wealth of information is available here: http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm

This page deals primarily with the work of Roland Bird: http://paleo.cc/paluxy/onheel.htm

What he didn't do, and what no scientist has been interested in doing, is getting to the covered tracks that would take a great deal of time and money to see what is under there.

Of course scientists have gone to great lengths to see what is under the Paluxy River, including damming a large portion of the riverbed and chiseling out large sections of tracks.

soft tissue dinos should be a big area of study, but the only studying by common decentists on the topic is how to find excuses.

It was "common descentists" who discovered tissue residuals in dinosaur fossils in the first place, and their studies are ongoing.

Mary Schweitzer is a great example of scientists fighting tooth and nail to avoid the subject. They've tried everything to discredit her work.

When someone makes an unconventional discovery in any endeavor, the reaction is bound to be controversy. However, in Schweitzer's case, the results have been vindicated by further scientific research. And Schweitzer is another one of those "common descentists" you refer to.

And almost no one is expanding on the work like they would if they were interested in truth.

No one is expanding on Schweitzer's work? Then how do you explain all of these journal references to "dinosaur soft tissue"?

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...&as_sdt=0,19&as_vis=1&as_ylo=2006&as_yhi=2015

Last edited:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This page deals primarily with the work of Roland Bird: http://paleo.cc/paluxy/onheel.htm

Of course scientists have gone to great lengths to see what is under the Paluxy River, including damming a large portion of the riverbed and chiseling out large sections of tracks.
You aren't getting it. They aren't, and never have, gone under the harder to get to layers to see how far the trails go. They have always gone after the easy to extract tracks that can be sold without a large investment of time and money.

Your links say exactly what I'm saying.

It was "common descentists" who discovered tissue residuals in dinosaur fossils in the first place, and their studies are ongoing.

When someone makes an unconventional discovery in any endeavor, the reaction is bound to be controversy. However, in Schweitzer's case, the results have been vindicated by further scientific research. And Schweitzer is another one of those "common descentists" you refer to.
And not only is it common decentists that find dino soft tissue, but they found dino soft tissue decades ago. But the reason you didn't know that, and the reason study on the topic is so tepid now, is because they don't want any research that will damage their common decent narrative.

You are simply accepting the story given you without thinking. If a person claims cold fusion, it seems everyone drops what they are doing to investigate, or at least gets the best opinion they can on the subject with the acknowledgment and implied acceptance that their whole paradigm can shift. Dino soft tissue should be the same because the implications are the same in scale. But it isn't. That's because, like you, they are more interested in their religion of common decent than they are the truth.

No one is expanding on Schweitzer's work?
Ah, yes, you begin to have reading comprehension problems. Methinks you are realizing your belief is based on very little evidence and are switching to debate tactics instead of engaging in honest conversation. This is my nice way of urging you to realize I didn't say "no one is expanding on Schweitzer's work" and that you should read more carefully next time.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
In a rebuttal, biologist Massimo Pigliucci has noted that geologists in the 1980s "clearly demonstrated that no human being left those prints," but rather "they were in fact metatarsal dinosaur tracks, together with a few pure and simple fakes."

The family of George Adams, who claimed to have found human footprints in the Glen Rose Formation, later admitted that Adams' and some others fossil footprints were a hoax. Zana Douglas, the granddaughter of George Adams, explained that during the 1930's depression her grandfather and other residents of Glen Rose made money by making moonshine and selling "dinosaur fossils". The faux fossils brought $15 to $30 and when the supply ran low, they "just carved more, some with human footprints thrown in."​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Valley_State_Park

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In a rebuttal, biologist Massimo Pigliucci has noted that geologists in the 1980s "clearly demonstrated that no human being left those prints," but rather "they were in fact metatarsal dinosaur tracks, together with a few pure and simple fakes."

The family of George Adams, who claimed to have found human footprints in the Glen Rose Formation, later admitted that Adams' and some others fossil footprints were a hoax. Zana Douglas, the granddaughter of George Adams, explained that during the 1930's depression her grandfather and other residents of Glen Rose made money by making moonshine and selling "dinosaur fossils". The faux fossils brought $15 to $30 and when the supply ran low, they "just carved more, some with human footprints thrown in."​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_Valley_State_Park
So is this your level of discussion? Instead of addressing the point I'm making you just post another link saying the same irrelevant thing you've been saying all along? Yeah, I'm sure you've got another 50 links lined up. If you don't, try talkorigins.

Let's test to see if you can even think. Restate my argument in your own words and then we'll continue to try and discuss the topic at hand.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Your links say exactly what I'm saying.

How so?

And not only is it common decentists that find dino soft tissue, but they found dino soft tissue decades ago. But the reason you didn't know that, and the reason study on the topic is so tepid now, is because they don't want any research that will damage their common decent narrative.

Actually I did know that residuals of soft tissue have been found for decades (The Barbarian has made numerous posts about it), but how do such discoveries "damage their common descent narrative"?

No one is expanding on Schweitzer's work? Then how do you explain all of these journal references to "dinosaur soft tissue"?

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...&as_sdt=0,19&as_vis=1&as_ylo=2006&as_yhi=2015

Ah, yes, you begin to have reading comprehension problems. Methinks you are realizing your belief is based on very little evidence and are switching to debate tactics instead of engaging in honest conversation. This is my nice way of urging you to realize I didn't say "no one is expanding on Schweitzer's work" and that you should read more carefully next time.

Okay, you said "almost no one" instead of "no one". Big difference. The fact is that significant research is ongoing on this issue of soft tissue residuals in dinosaur fossils.

Just three months ago, "almost no one" published a major study in the journal Nature Communications entitled, "Fibres and cellular structures preserved in 75-million–year-old dinosaur specimens." This study also got a considerable amount of media coverage.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By not contradicting anything I've said.

Actually I did know that residuals of soft tissue have been found for decades (The Barbarian has made numerous posts about it), but how do such discoveries "damage their common descent narrative"?
Because it could be that soft tissue can't last millions of years.

Okay, you said "almost no one" instead of "no one". Big difference. The fact is that significant research is ongoing on this issue of soft tissue residuals in dinosaur fossils.

Just three months ago, "almost no one" published a major study in the journal Nature Communications entitled, "Fibres and cellular structures preserved in 75-million–year-old dinosaur specimens." This study also got a considerable amount of media coverage.
Any research at all in this area is significant. And like the rest of science, it will gain more traction as the truth drags common decentists into the realization that soft tissue can't last millions of years. Then there will be a new story, or a re-dating of all the soft tissue finds.

6days

User Name said:
The fact is that significant research is ongoing on this issue of soft tissue residuals in dinosaur fossils.

Ha.... yes they are trying g to figure out a possible explanation that fits their belief system. Basically they are baffled. One explanation is that iron in the blood acts as a preservative. But... even in pure Hemoglobin, in a lab, the tissue showed some deterioration after only 2 years.*

TracerBullet

Ha.... yes they are trying g to figure out a possible explanation that fits their belief system. Basically they are baffled. One explanation is that iron in the blood acts as a preservative. But... even in pure Hemoglobin, in a lab, the tissue showed some deterioration after only 2 years.*
I'm baffled as to how you came up with these claims