• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Noah's Ark & post-flood speciation

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YEC's make proclamations based on their faith.
No. YEC's make predictions based on solid evidence. Common decentists make declarative statements based on wild speculation and just-so stories.

There is nothing wrong with that, I respect them for their faith. But YEC's cannot be considered be scientifically in their approach to the history of Earth or to the adaptation/evolution of species/kinds.
YEC's simply don't talk as much about that which we don't know. The cool thing is that as we learn more and more the YEC's turn out to have been right more and more. What that all means is that YEC's are more scientific than common decentists. Consider the most basic thing, like what the definition of science is; YEC's are more interested in the search for truth, while common decentists put truth aside to search for a natural explanation even if it is false.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing is supposed to be dogmatic in science; rather, everything is investigated, questioned, criticized, tested
This is a lie when it comes to common decent. If it weren't then there would be scientists begging to get a look at the layers that are covered at the Paluxy river. And there are a lot more examples. For instance, soft tissue dinos should be a big area of study, but the only studying by common decentists on the topic is how to find excuses. Same thing with carbon 14 found in... everything it shouldn't be.

Quit it with your deification of science. Scientists are humans with biases and they ignore truth all the time.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
If God's Word tells about the flood..which animals went on..which people ...etc etc. And if Jesus and different Bible authors treat the account as real history; why won't you?

Outside of a few archaeological confirmations of certain historical claims, almost nothing in the Bible can be scientifically proven. The existence of God, heaven, the physical resurrection of the dead, etc. are beliefs that must be taken on, to quote Martin Luther, "faith alone". I never look to science to confirm or validate any of my religious beliefs, because to me that is impossible. The Bible says what it says. Likewise, the physical sciences reveal to us what they reveal. Many people want science to match up with their religious beliefs (including Christians, Mormons, Hindus, Muslims, etc), but that is impossible.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
This is a lie when it comes to common decent. If it weren't then there would be scientists begging to get a look at the layers that are covered at the Paluxy river.

Of course, scientists have looked at the Paluxy river tracks. See here for example: https://youtu.be/qvHII6Vv06s?t=1m10s

And there are a lot more examples. For instance, soft tissue dinos should be a big area of study, but the only studying by common decentists on the topic is how to find excuses.

Here again, scientists are investigating tissue residues in dino fossils. Ever heard of Mary Schweitzer? Also, here is a link to one of many posts I've made on that very subject: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4347692&highlight=tissue#post4347692

Same thing with carbon 14 found in... everything it shouldn't be.
Here's a coupla vids on the topic of carbon 14 you might find interesting:

Last edited:

6days

username said:
Outside of a few archaeological confirmations of certain historical claims, almost nothing in the Bible can be scientifically proven. The existence of God, heaven, the physical resurrection of the dead, etc. are beliefs that must be taken on, to quote Martin Luther, "faith alone". I never look to science to confirm or validate any of my religious beliefs, because to me that is impossible. The Bible says what it says. Likewise, the physical sciences reveal to us what they reveal. Many people want science to match up with their religious beliefs (including Christians, Mormons, Hindus, Muslims, etc), but that is impossible.

Christianity is based on real history and real people and real events. God's Word tells us that we don't have a blind faith. *His Word tells us that faith is the EVIDENCE of things not seen.*

One evidence our Bibles are divinely inspired is the internal consistency.

*For example 40 different authors over the course of 1500 years wrote one Book that provides one cohesive, and non contradictory account of humanity's past and future. It explains our need of a savior because of sin of first Adam....and, it explains the sacrifice of our Savior, the a last Adam. Another evidence within God's Word is the accurately fulfilled prophecies. Also, it's important to note that the Bible affirms itself. Many authors refer to other books within the Bible as divinely inspired scripture. Christ Himself often used scripture as the absolute source of truth. (He often referred to what Moses wrote as real history).

As you mentioned, Archaeology is another tool that can help determine accuracy of ancient manuscripts. Something I posted previous....

Dr Luke (Gospel of Luke) was perhaps the world's greatest historian. The research Luke did is reflected in the accuracy of his account. The Gospel of Luke is just one of many historically accurate Books in God's Word.

The Gospel of Luke besides numerous mentions of things with historical and archaeological significance also mentions;
32 countries
54 cities
9 islands.

Because of the numerous mention to countries and cities, Sir William Ramsay thought that this book would be the easiest one to disprove. He along with his archaeological team set out to Asia Minor to prove the Bible wrong. But... a funny thing happened. "Ramsay became so overwhelmed with the evidence he eventually converted to Christianity"

Ramsey said "I began with a mind unfavorable to it...but more recently I found myself brought into contact with the Book of Acts as an authority for the topography, antiquities, and society of Asia Minor. It was gradually borne upon me that in various details the narrative showed marvelous truth"

Luke is a historian of the first rank; not merely are his statements of fact trustworthy...this author should be placed along with the very greatest historians."
http://www.bibleevidences.com/archeology.htm

Stuu

The oceans would be much saltier now from water draining off the continents.
You haven't really thought this through, have you.

What would you say the salinity is of the water 'draining off the continents' right at the moment?

Stuart

Alate_One

So how did all the fish, crustaceans, microorganisms and aquatic mammals survive?

One wonders how the many species of Nepenthes pitcher plants and orchids survived.

Nepenthes have seeds that can only stay alive for a month and can take 9 months to germinate. Plus today there are dozens of species of Nepenthes with an extremely wide range of adaptations.

Orchids produce tiny seeds that must be infected by a specific fungus to grow. The seeds of both types of plants would have to somehow survive a global flood and land in just the right location to germinate and survive.

CherubRam

According to Genesis 6:19-20, Noah was instructed to take male and female pairs of every "kind" of animal that walked the face of the earth. Several questions came to my mind about this, and I am wondering how those who take this story at its literal face value can answer them:

1) How many different "kinds" of animals do you estimate were taken aboard Noah's ark?

2) How many different species do scientists estimate to exist today?

3) How many species are believed to have existed throughout the entirety of earth's existence?

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers answers to these questions!
"Kinds," not every kind; of the land animals. By the way, gopher wood is a type of plywood. It is wood strips or boards that were laminated together with pitch.

Gen 7:8 Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, 9 male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah.

Stuu

By the way, gopher wood is a type of plywood.
You should tell the New International Bible, the New Living Translation, the NET Bible, and GOD'S WORD® Translation that you, CherubRam, have resolved the uncertainty over what gopher wood is. They all think it is cypress.

Stuart

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
One wonders how the many species of Nepenthes pitcher plants and orchids survived.

Nepenthes have seeds that can only stay alive for a month and can take 9 months to germinate. Plus today there are dozens of species of Nepenthes with an extremely wide range of adaptations.

Orchids produce tiny seeds that must be infected by a specific fungus to grow. The seeds of both types of plants would have to somehow survive a global flood and land in just the right location to germinate and survive.

Silly Alate, Goddidit with a miracle. the Christian deity is all powerful. He made sure the kangaroo kind wound up in Australia for example. It was all in his plan.

As was the Flood to begin with because he knows all things from the beginning.

CherubRam

You should tell the New International Bible, the New Living Translation, the NET Bible, and GOD'S WORD® Translation that you, CherubRam, have resolved the uncertainty over what gopher wood is. They all think it is cypress.

Stuart

I doubt that they would listen. The word "gopher" has to do with the boring of wood. That is what gophers are known for, boring through the ground.

CherubRam

Silly Alate, Goddidit with a miracle. the Christian deity is all powerful. He made sure the kangaroo kind wound up in Australia for example. It was all in his plan.

As was the Flood to begin with because he knows all things from the beginning.

There use to be a land bridge to Australia. The water level use to be much lower after the flood. Most likely do to collecting as snow and ice at the poles.