No one has asked for proof, until now!

bybee

Many of us who post regularly on this forum have shared our life stories, our losses, our good fortunes, our doubts and our fears.
We have share our weaknesses, our strengths and our tragedies.
This sharing, over time, has acted as a deep and abiding bond between us.
Prayers are offered, condolences are offered and when appropriate congratulations are proffered. We periodically check on each other to see how things are going. No one pries and no one presumes to diagnose or judge the other.
AND, most importantly,
no one has ever demanded proof or documentation that a story was truthful.
That is, until now.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many of us who post regularly on this forum have shared our life stories, our losses, our good fortunes, our doubts and our fears.
Prayers are offered, condolences are offered and when appropriate congratulations are proffered. We periodically check on each other to see how things are going. No one pries and no one presumes to diagnose or judge the other.
AND, most importantly,
That is, until now.

As always, one must consider the source. The unfortunate part of this is that this type of behavior may make it uncomfortable for members to share parts of our personal lives during times of crisis.

bybee

whose story are you demanding proof of?

I suppose you might think, by my phrasing, that I was demanding proof?
I'm not.
Others have demanded proof from one of our posters as to the veracity of her posts.
I've not encountered this before on TOL.

Breathe

AND, most importantly,
That is, until now.
I love how you just say it. Blunt honesty is a gift few people have. Lady, you have it in spades! :D

zoo22

AND, most importantly,
That is, until now.

Sod called TH a liar for a long time about TH being an attorney. He wouldn't shut up about it. When TH offered the proof, on the condition that sod would in turn leave TOL if he was wrong, sod turned around and ran away.

I figure if eeset had to actually stand behind her insinuation that Angel isn't telling the truth, (say, eeset having to leave TOL if she were wrong), eeset would run away like sod did with TH.

It's easy to say someone's not telling the truth. Standing behind that accusation or insinuation is a different thing altogether. It's a coward who'll call someone a liar and not stand behind it. Sod calling TH a fake attorney is easy. But of course sod ran away behind it when he was put on the line. So would Eeset if she had to stand behind what she's saying.

I called eeset out on her lying once. But I stood behind what I was saying. She even agreed to making a bet about it. But when it came down to it, she ran away from it: Eeset runs away when called on whether she's telling the truth. Eeset would never stand behind her insinuations about Angel. It's easy for her to make petty, hurtful, insinuations, but she won't stand behind them. It's pathetic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, another gang attack?

Yea ... standing up against the abusers of a grieving mother is a gang attack.

Let it be known that I will ALWAYS bully anyone who attacks and ridicules another in regards to the loss of their loved one.

Troll away, loser.

bybee

Yea ... standing up against the abusers of a grieving mother is a gang attack.

Let it be known that I will ALWAYS bully anyone who attacks and ridicules another in regards to the loss of their loved one.

Troll away, loser.

She would be contemptible if she had more than one neuronal synapse operating at any given time.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I suppose you might think, by my phrasing, that I was demanding proof?
I'm not.
Others have demanded proof from one of our posters as to the veracity of her posts.
I've not encountered this before on TOL.
I have. I've had my profession and my profession of faith publicly questioned, repeatedly, over years here.

At some point you have to shake your head at that. I tried to bring IWK around gently enough, but what can you do? If a person wants to see a thing badly enough in that light they'll find a reason to hold onto. I was hoping he/she would step back and reconsider, but I don't know that he/she had any interest in it.

I spoke to the habit of many posters in returning under new usernames and he/she went right back to calling it crazy behavior. So he/she was invested in her/his posture and, ironically, was failing to approach his/her own complaint rationally, to say nothing of approaching as a Christian.

Maybe later then. :idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sod called TH a liar for a long time about TH being an attorney. He wouldn't shut up about it. When TH offered the proof, on the condition that sod would in turn leave TOL if he was wrong, sod turned around and ran away.
I'm still trying to figure out why TH would want to admit he is a lawyer. :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I used to care what people said about me on TOL. It actually bothered me a great deal at times. Now it's like water off a ducks back.

That being said.... some of the current "goings on" regarding A4T are well over the top. I sent my own personal warning.

bybee

I used to care what people said about me on TOL. It actually bothered me a great deal at times. Now it's like water off a ducks back.

That being said.... some of the current "goings on" regarding A4T are well over the top. I sent my own personal warning.

Thank you. I hope this will pass.

genuineoriginal

I'm still trying to figure out why TH would want to admit he is a lawyer. :chuckle:
Yeah, lawyers are not well spoken of in the Bible.:idunno:

Luke 11:46
And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.​

Luke 11:52
Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.​

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Thank you for your concern about me. Im sorry i lost my temper. I do not think my skin will ever be thick enough to endure attacks about my son and i dont think i should have to endure them on a christian forum.

God bless and be with you all and thank you for your friendship and kindness.

bybee

Thank you for your concern about me. Im sorry i lost my temper. I do not think my skin will ever be thick enough to endure attacks about my son and i dont think i should have to endure them on a christian forum.

God bless and be with you all and thank you for your friendship and kindness.

Amen Sister! I send you comfort through cyberspace. Blessings