No one has asked for proof, until now!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm still trying to figure out why TH would want to admit he is a lawyer. :chuckle:
I'll admit to worrying about it at first, but then I figured you guys had been posting long enough before I arrived that you weren't going to let it intimidate you. :D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, lawyers are not well spoken of in the Bible.:idunno:
Neither were tax collectors, but one became a disciple. :D Matthew 9:9-13

And serpents had a hard time of it, but Moses found one that came in handy Exodus 7:10

So easy to say until someone needs a lawyer. I get tired of hearing it.
Doesn't bother me, but thanks. :thumb: I think he was kidding. If not, every man has a right to be wrong, especially if they're in Congress.

TH represented abused women in the course of his career, which is a very commendable thing to have done.
Exclusively those for two years and then both the abused and the more generally poor in civil matters for a number of years thereafter. But even when I was in private practice I did a great deal of pro bono. The thing I was proudest of as an attorney was that every year I practiced my name was listed in the Alabama Bar journal's honor roll for pro bono work.

illusionray

I'll admit to worrying about it at first, but then I figured you guys had been posting long enough before I arrived that you weren't going to let it intimidate you. :D
I used to watch Shark as a kid and ever since then I had a favourable impression about lawyers, such a cool job. US lawyers I mean, not the ones here in the UK, it doesn't seem so exciting over here for some reason.

bybee

Neither were tax collectors, but one became a disciple. :D Matthew 9:9-13

And serpents had a hard time of it, but Moses found one that came in handy Exodus 7:10

Doesn't bother me, but thanks. :thumb: I think he was kidding. If not, every man has a right to be wrong, especially if they're in Congress.

Exclusively those for two years and then both the abused and the more generally poor in civil matters for a number of years thereafter. But even when I was in private practice I did a great deal of pro bono. The thing I was proudest of as an attorney was that every year I practiced my name was listed in the Alabama Bar journal's honor roll for pro bono work.

Amen Brother! We need men like you!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You don't know how sad of a comment I think it is about our society to state that we need lawyers instead of the common sense that would make them unnecessary.
Commons sense, unfortunately, is always what "I" possess and the other fellow lacks. :D Or, it was the very failure of that approach that led to my profession, along with the increasingly complicated business of business and ever increasing numbers of people with rights.

I was kidding (hence the smiley :D), until annabenedetti took offense to what I said.
The risk you run when you make comments aimed at an understanding you don't share with everyone reading. Happens to me now and then. She's good people and many a poster wouldn't have been kidding...mostly. :D (thanks anna)

I used to watch Shark as a kid and ever since then I had a favourable impression about lawyers, such a cool job. US lawyers I mean, not the ones here in the UK, it doesn't seem so exciting over here for some reason.
Likely the wigs. :D

Amen Brother! We need men like you!
Well out of it for now, but I wouldn't mind keeping my hand in along those same lines as a side line, when I've established the new career, God willing.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Sod called TH a liar for a long time about TH being an attorney. He wouldn't shut up about it. When TH offered the proof, on the condition that sod would in turn leave TOL if he was wrong, sod turned around and ran away.

I figure if eeset had to actually stand behind her insinuation that Angel isn't telling the truth, (say, eeset having to leave TOL if she were wrong), eeset would run away like sod did with TH.

It's easy to say someone's not telling the truth. Standing behind that accusation or insinuation is a different thing altogether. It's a coward who'll call someone a liar and not stand behind it. Sod calling TH a fake attorney is easy. But of course sod ran away behind it when he was put on the line. So would Eeset if she had to stand behind what she's saying.

I called eeset out on her lying once. But I stood behind what I was saying. She even agreed to making a bet about it. But when it came down to it, she ran away from it: Eeset runs away when called on whether she's telling the truth. Eeset would never stand behind her insinuations about Angel. It's easy for her to make petty, hurtful, insinuations, but she won't stand behind them. It's pathetic.

if town wants to pretend he's a lawyer, it's no skin off my nose :idunno:

just like all those silly names you just called me don't bother me

have fun burning in hell :wave2:

Arthur Brain

So why did you run away from the challenge if you're convinced he's pretending?

:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why lie? It demeans you, not me. I'll forgive you for it. I told you I would, but you know better. Be better.

:plain: Yeah, that seems untroubled.

Seriously, this can't be giving you any real satisfaction. You need to get control over your witness. Zoo may well be depending on you and falling to the depths of his expectation is squandering your opportunity.

Let it go.

Arthur Brain

it's no lie, it really is no skin off my nose if you want to pretend to be a lawyer

heck, you can pretend to be a firetruck for all i care :idunno:

Yet you care enough to respond? And to maintain a position where all you need to do is rise up to a challenge to find out one way or the other?

Why are you wimping out of it?