NFL 2017

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
50% is better than ziltz.
:chuckle: Fair enough, though I wouldn't have bet on either game and haven't had time to really number crunch. Just having fun with it. . . I'd say Gronk was the difference between the more likely Pats victory and what we saw. That and Brady wasn't as sharp early. I think once he warmed up he stopped thinking about the hand. And, to be fair, the Jags played a great game until late. Better than I thought they would.

The Eagles had the one thing I didn't think they could count on, a great game by Foles. A shame the Saints weren't in this one. I think it would have been a more entertaining game. Now I hope Foles can repeat his performance and make this one a Super Bowl worth watching.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A fraction of a second.

The Jags were up 14-3 with a little over 3:00 minutes left in the second quarter. They threw a pass, and got a first down at the NE 35 yard line.....but...then....delay of game against the Jags (by a fraction of a second)...Instead of 1st and 10, it was 3rd and 15, the Jags failed to convert, the Jags punt, Brady leads the Pats down the field, and BOOM...it's 14-10 at half, instead of 21-3.

That fraction of a second, changed the game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now I hope Foles can repeat his performance and make this one a Super Bowl worth watching.

New England will destroy Foles and the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

The Patriots were down 14-3, Brady had a bad hand, Gronk was taken out of the game, and they still won.

They're like the Celtics of the 60's....no matter what happens, they win.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
When you look at the following point spread you can understand that Atlanta is the favorite to win the game:

Atlanta At Philadelphia +3

If you take the points or you like the points that means that at the end of the game you can add three points to Philadelphia's score and if that total is more than Atlanta's score then you win the bet.
OK Sports Fans!

At New England -7.5 Jacksonville
Minnesota -3 At Philadelphia

I take Jacksonsville and the points. The Patriot's luck is going to finally end.

And I take the Vikes and give the three points! The Eagles ain't got a chance!
So, when there's a + after a team's name, followed by points, then that means that team is the underdog. So when there's a - after a team's name, and points, then that's the favorite. So NE was favored to win, and Minnesota was favored to win.

When you say you "take...the points," that means you're taking the 7.5 points and adding it to Jacksonville's final score, so you would have won that bet, because the Jaguars (did anyone else hear Romo call them the "jag-wires?" :chuckle:) scored 4 less than NE, so adding the 7.5 put's their final score 3.5 points over NE's actual score. I think I got that right?

And Minnesota was the favorite, so if you take the Eagles, then you add the 3 points to 38, and it becomes 41, which is higher than the Vikes' 7, so that was the winning bet on that game, right?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I hope Foles can repeat his performance and make this one a Super Bowl worth watching.
I predict NE loses 38-7, like Minnesota did. Philly looked dominant. They torched the best defense in the NFL this year, and Foles is putting up yards, points, and a lack of picks, like they're all going out of style.

NE barely squeaked out a victory against Jacksonville, at home. This team scored 10 points against Buffalo, and allowed 42 points against Pittsburgh, coming into today.

'Pats are going to get smoked. This is the bookend season to 1985. 10 SBs, 5 wins. Pummeled on the way in, and on the way out. Not half-bad, but it's over, in two weeks.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see Philly's defense giving up 17 points to NE, and Foles' offense can put up 24 on NE anyway. Plus, Brady's due for interceptions.

Jerry Shugart

So, when there's a + after a team's name, followed by points, then that means that team is the underdog. So when there's a - after a team's name, and points, then that's the favorite. So NE was favored to win, and Minnesota was favored to win.

When you say you "take...the points," that means you're taking the 7.5 points and adding it to Jacksonville's final score, so you would have won that bet, because the Jaguars (did anyone else hear Romo call them the "jag-wires?" :chuckle:) scored 4 less than NE, so adding the 7.5 put's their final score 3.5 points over NE's actual score. I think I got that right?

And Minnesota was the favorite, so if you take the Eagles, then you add the 3 points to 38, and it becomes 41, which is higher than the Vikes' 7, so that was the winning bet on that game, right?

Right!

Interplanner

Secure America Now
����
‏ @SecureAmerica
9m9 minutes ago

After inviting a veteran group to place an ad during the Super Bowl, the @NFL rejected their ad because it urged people to stand for our National Anthem. The NFL is a disgrace. We must stand for those who serve to protect us and keep our nation safe.
0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

Interplanner

For a sport that drowns in statistics, how did they get the racist cop stereotype so badly done? It's like talking to Dispensationalists about the kingdom of God.