NFL 2017

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Atlanta Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.

The Georgia Bulldogs blew a 20-7 lead in the College Football Championship Game.

Maybe instead of the "Peach State", we should call Georgia the "Choke In The Big Game State"

The Berean

The Atlanta Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl.

The Georgia Bulldogs blew a 20-7 lead in the College Football Championship Game.

Maybe instead of the "Peach State", we should call Georgia the "Choke In The Big Game State"
And the Atlanta Braves blew a 3-1 lead in the 1958 World Series and a 2-0 lead in the 1996 World Series!

Jerry Shugart

Since I got them both right by taking the points in both games I will once again take the points in both games:

At Jacksonville -8.5 Buffalo

At New Orleans -6.5 Carolina

Got two more right so I am now 4-0 on the playoff games.

It is strange that none of the favorites in all four games covered the spread? Perhaps some are right when they say that the playoffs start a new season.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Got two more right so I am now 4-0 on the playoff games.

It is strange that none of the favorites in all four games covered the spread? Perhaps some are right when they say that the playoffs start a new season.

Here's the latest:

New England -13.5
Pittsburgh -7.5
Minnesota -3.5
Atlanta -3

Who you like?

I'm guessing a lot of people will take Jacksonville +7.5 because they beat Pittsburgh, at Pittsburgh, by the score of 30-9 back in October.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
CBS is praying Pittsburgh wins.

A Steelers vs. Patriots AFC Championship Game will draw probably twice the audience, than Jaguars vs. Patriots.

Jerry Shugart

Here's the latest:

New England -13.5
Pittsburgh -7.5
Minnesota -3.5
Atlanta -3

Who you like?

I'm guessing a lot of people will take Jacksonville +7.5 because they beat Pittsburgh, at Pittsburgh, by the score of 30-9 back in October.

I'm still thinking it over. Who do you like?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I don't know all the lingo here.

What does it mean to "like the points," "take the points," and "give the points?" There may be other phrases but these are the ones I'm wondering about now.

:)

Jerry Shugart

I don't know all the lingo here.

What does it mean to "like the points," "take the points," and "give the points?" There may be other phrases but these are the ones I'm wondering about now.

When you look at the following point spread you can understand that Atlanta is the favorite to win the game:

Atlanta At Philadelphia +3

If you take the points or you like the points that means that at the end of the game you can add three points to Philadelphia's score and if that total is more than Atlanta's score then you win the bet.

Jerry Shugart

In Saturday's games I pick the favorites and give the points:

Atlanta -3 At Philadelphia

At New England -13.5 Tennessee

I got one right and one wrong so during the play-offs I have picked five right and one wrong. Now for today's games:

At Pittsburgh -7 Jacksonville
At Minnesota -5 New Orleans

I hate to do it but I am taking Pittsburgh and giving the points. Antonio Brown needs a big game or otherwise the Steelers are going to have a difficult time winning, much less covering the spread.

I also take the Vikes and give the points and I expect them to win the Super Bowl!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jacksonville 45 Pittsburgh 42

You can go back and read my numerous posts since September, the Steeler's defense sucks, and I made it clear the Steelers would never go deep in the playoffs with such a defense that sucks.

It was a below average defense before their captain and best player (Ryan Shazier) was injured, and as seen today, a defense that completely sucks.

When you give up 45 points at home in 14 degree weather, to a team that scored 10 points at home against Buffalo, you suck as a defense.

Tomlin tried the onside kick because he knew there was no way his defense could hold the Jaguars to three and out.

Oh well, at least I won't have to watch my Steelers lose another AFC Championship Game to Brady & Belichick.

This could be the end of the Steelers for awhile. Roethlisberger is probably going to retire, and LeVeon Bell has said he will hold out next season if the franchise tag is placed on him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I feel bad for Ben Roethlisberger and Drew Brees.

Ben is 35 years old, and Drew is 38 years old. They don't have many years left, and they both lost today to much younger QB's. They both have to be just sick tonight, and wonder how many more years they have a chance to win a Super Bowl. Not to mention, Tom Brady is still playing.

Here is where Ben & Brees rank:

Career passing yards regular season: Brees #3, Ben #7 (Peyton #1)

Most TD's regular season: Brees #4, Ben #9 (Peyton #1)

Most wins regular season: Brees #6, Ben #7 (Brady #1)

Most wins postseason : Ben #6, Brees #21 (Brady #1)

Most postseason TD passes: Ben #8, Brees #10 (Brady #1)

Most postseason yards: Ben #6, Brees #10 (Brady #1)

With that being said, congratulations to Blake Bortles, and Case Keenum.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I got one right and one wrong so during the play-offs I have picked five right and one wrong. Now for today's games:

At Pittsburgh -7 Jacksonville
At Minnesota -5 New Orleans

I hate to do it but I am taking Pittsburgh and giving the points. Antonio Brown needs a big game or otherwise the Steelers are going to have a difficult time winning, much less covering the spread.

I also take the Vikes and give the points and I expect them to win the Super Bowl!
I got each of my three picks wrong in the divisional round this weekend. I refused to weigh in on the NE game, and I won't do so for the conference finals either.

Minnesota at Philly: coin-flip

:D

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
When you give up 45 points at home in 14 degree weather, to a [Florida]* team that scored 10 points at home [in Florida]* against Buffalo, you suck as a defense.
That's impossible to dispute. Nonetheless, nobody saw this coming. When Jacksonville beat them earlier this year, Ben threw five picks and that was easily the difference in the game, and nobody thought (and he didn't) he'd throw five picks again. I was shocked from start to finish in this game, especially after watching the Jags eek out their victory over Buffalo, at home, last weekend.
This could be the end of the Steelers for awhile. Roethlisberger is probably going to retire, and LeVeon Bell has said he will hold out next season if the franchise tag is placed on him.
That offense is a force. It'd be a shame to not get another Lombardi trophy out of Ben before he retires.

Last edited: