Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
QB's with multiple Super Bowl wins:

4) Brady, Bradshaw, Montana
3) Aikman
2) Peyton & Eli, Roethlisberger, Elway, Plunkett, Griese, Staubaugh, Starr

Of the 12, as expected, two Steeler's and two Cowboy's on the list.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A great day. I wake to find Warner in the Hall. Even more satisfying, Terrell Davis is in the Hall. I honestly didn't think I'd see it until he slipped to the seniors one of these days. Really happy for an extraordinary rb who disproportionately transformed a contender into a Super Bowl winner. Tomlinson was an easy call. Rare talent and great attitude. Morten belongs in a Hall where his position is under represented. Jones has done enough for the league to justify the ring, though I'd have taken others before him.

Owens was left out, again. That's absurd. The first time pass I understood. Disagreed with it, but I understand it was a nod to his character issues. But there are guys in the Hall far worse than T.O. He's too great at his position to be out again. The problem? He's hated by the voters and they're not interested in an objective evaluation of his ability. Five times elected all pro by those same hypocrites. Five times recognized as one of the two best to play his position. That's dominance. Records? 2nd in receiving yards, all time. 8th in receptions, all time. 3rd in receiving tds, all time.

Don't like him? Me either. But he's earned it.

Next year? Randy Moss comes up. Ray Lewis is on deck. Moss is likely in, Lewis a lock. New arrivals beyond Moss with a strong chance include Peyton's buddy, Jeff Saturday and former Chicago standout at lb, Brian Urlacher. Whether either will make it their first time up is anyone's guess. I'd take Saturday and wait a bit on Brian, though he was dominant in a defense that was terrific.

Suffered through the Brady/GOAT nonsense. I'm going to take a page from the talking heads and dub Tom the Greatest System Quarterback of All Time. :eek:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is absurd!

I agree.

There have only been 14 players to have 1,000 receptions.

Of the 14 players, 7 are either active, or not eligible.

Of the other 7 players, 4 of them are already in the HOF.

The only 3 who are not are Owens, Isaac Bruce, and Hines Ward.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wait....isn't that what Peyton did against the Saints in Super Bowl XLIV?
Basically. But you can't get a Southern boy to feel bad about the Saints winning that game. :D Especially not one who lives on the Gulf Coast.

Anyway, that was a great game. It was 17-16 going into the fourth.

The fourth started with Peyton driving to the Saints 33 before Stover missed a fg attempt setting the Saints up with solid field position. Brees led the Saints to a TD and a controversial 2pt play that made it 24-17. Peyton responded with a drive to the 26 of the Saints before a bad throw on his part led to a pick six. That sealed the game, if giving the wrong impression if you just look at the final score.

john w

Hall of Fame

I predict that the A-Falcs will be leading at halftime, 21-4, and Lady Gagga will embarrass the world, at halftime,with her "fleshly" antics.

The great,humble saint John W., the Rifleman and/or Wolf Hunter, @ 5:31 Central Time, 2/5/2017

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He is hiding with rusha and Barbie. Their mission of misdirection blew up in their face. Just like this mismatch of a game. All because KC went and laid an egg.
Three quarters of play and with that "doink" off the uprights the Pats might as well have kicked a fg per. :)

:reals:

john w

Hall of Fame
Falcon meltdown, as the false prophet, Bill Belochick, and the antichrist, Tom Brady, rule...

Status
Not open for further replies.