NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let's get started.

What will be the stories of 2015???

Will the Seahawks avenge their thrown-away repeat championship?

Will the Patriots find themselves in another scandal?

Who will be the surprise team of the year? Who will be the biggest flop??

Granite

Hall of Fame
Let's get started.

We're onto 2015.:chuckle:

Let's see...stories...

Jay Cutler: Officially outed as a coach killer. Done.

Philip Rivers: Misses the playoffs, again. Will never win a Super Bowl.

Manziel: Is he even on the Cleveland roster by week 10?

Peyton: Is he upright by week 10?

Seahawks will be bounced in the second round of the postseason.

The league hopefully learned its lesson about manufacturing a scandal out of thin air when it comes to the Pats.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Let's get started.

Rams. last year in St. Louis, going out with a Super Bowl Win ! lol :jazz:

good, glad to hear from you too ! football is over, it's the post super bowl depression, boo hoo

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Let's get started.

"let's get started" and then stop abruptly ?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let's get started.

Contracts. :)

Green Bay should have beat them. The likelihood is that Seattle loses another piece or two and falls back another step. History is against immediate repeat opportunities for losing teams.

Would it seem like an NFL year without it? Or, given whatever punishment might come against them will impact 2015, there you go.

Man...well, write in the Bengals as the latter. Surprise...Peyton returns rehabbed, the Broncos begin their year continuing the emphasis on the running game and help him reach the late season with relatively fresh body parts. They win going through Foxborough and he calls it a career after playing his career best against...the Arizona Cardinals. :eek:

Out there:

The Giants trade Eli to the Cardinals for help.

Tampa takes Winston and make the playoffs in his first season...mtf.

Last edited:

drbrumley

How is this years NFL draft shaping up??

Who's gonna be the number 1 pick?

Jameis Winston. Character flaws hurt him but he is probably the best player in the draft. Not sure if Tampa will not pick him despite his issues.

drbrumley

Just saw what I thought was an amazing stat. Of course, yesterday was National Signing day. A real big day for High Schoolers. Not one starter on either team in this years SuperBowl was considered a 5 start recruit. Not one. Thought that was incredible. Carry on...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will the Patriots find themselves in another scandal

Belicheat is like George W Bush. He is an evil genius moron, and covers his tracks very well. It is only because somebody questioned the footballs that they were even checked. He ordered them lightly deflated for better grip in bad weather and that is how Brady prefers it. :plain:

You like my Mark May style commentary? I only made up most of it.

How is this years NFL draft shaping up??

Who's gonna be the number 1 pick?

If I were Tampa, I would put Winston on a polygraph and hire a professional interrogator to see if he is going to be a problem. They need a quarterback, and he can take snaps under center and throw from the pocket. I think he is much better than Mariotta right now.

Jay Cutler: Officially outed as a coach killer. Done.

It seems like his QBR was about half of Brady's. I would have to go to espn.com to verify. All that talent and total head case of a different variety.

Manziel: Is he even on the Cleveland roster by week 10?

We are talking about the Browns, right? So yes. He should have never been drafted, and they will keep him eating up cap space. Or they put him in to at least earn his paycheck.

Peyton: Is he upright by week 10?

I hope so. Maybe not. He looked horrid on his feet, and a torn quad actually makes sense. It is hard to recover from injury when you are old.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ESPN.com said:
"Joe didn't have to cheat," Haley told the Talk of Fame Network. "I've lost all respect [for Brady]. When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted.

"You have to say this just didn't happen overnight. Who wants that shadow over them? I could be wrong. But I realize there were 12 balls deflated and 12 ain't. Then you've got [Patriots coach Bill] Belichick coming on three different times trying to explain it. ... You know something is wrong."

It appears this is not going to go quietly into the night.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I hope so. Maybe not. He looked horrid on his feet, and a torn quad actually makes sense. It is hard to recover from injury when you are old.
And when you have an average-ish NFL arm a loss of leg will kill accuracy in anything but the shortest routes. I was watching a few talking ESPN heads discuss Peyton having the worst over and underthrow percentage in his career. That made perfect sense when you look at the data and see that almost all of what they were talking about started after the injury he kept quiet.

No one spoke to that, which is an illustration of why I hold most of the "analysts" on the network in bemused contempt. They facilitate shaping the average fan into an under informed prisoner of the populist moment in a way that's inexcusable given what they should but often don't appear to know.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Gary Kubiak, Peyton Manning, John Elway, and the Broncos.
You seem awfully invested in that...I wonder why. At any rate, you leave yourself the ultimate subjective wiggle room by not defining how you see that. I mean, is a flop bettering whatever your Steelers do? Is it anything short of a Super Bowl? If Manning is back he'll have a good team and coach. They'll win more often than not. How much, who knows?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Cheating is cheating, even if cheaters do prosper.

...except that there's less and less to this idiotic "Deflategate" story as time goes on, leading anyone with objectivity to see it as the ridiculous back-biting distraction it really is (and was).

Better to be the one who laughs last.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
by not defining how you see that.

Just look at what the Broncos have done the last few years:

Fired Shanahan, hired McDaniels.

Fired McDaniels during the season, after not even giving him at least one full year to coach.

The Tim Tebow stuff

Signed Peyton Manning, and paid him way too much money.

Fired John Fox

Some may see all of these events as smart moves. I disagree, I see them as an unstable team making desperate moves in a "win the Super Bowl right now, or else" mentality, instead of building a solid team.

It reminds me of how Daniel Snyder has done things, and how Jerry Jones has done things.

With that being said, no team has been to the playoffs as many years since Pat Bowlen has owned the team.

IMO, they just appear like a team that knows it only has one or two more years with Peyton, so they're doing desperate things, and risking their future. I see a train wreck coming.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Just look at what the Broncos have done the last few years:

Fired Shanahan, hired McDaniels.

Fired McDaniels during the season, after not even giving him at least one full year to coach.

The Tim Tebow stuff

Signed Peyton Manning, and paid him way too much money.

Fired John Fox

Some may see all of these events as smart moves. I disagree, I see them as an unstable team making desperate moves in a "win the Super Bowl right now, or else" mentality, instead of building a solid team.

It reminds me of how Daniel Snyder has done things, and how Jerry Jones has done things.

With that being said, no team has been to the playoffs as many years since Pat Bowlen has owned the team.

IMO, they just appear like a team that knows it only has one or two more years with Peyton, so they're doing desperate things, and risking their future. I see a train wreck coming.

it is already a train wreck

they would be better off cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.