NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

I disagree.

IMO, when it comes to the NFL draft, running backs should leave college as soon as they can, and QB's should stay in college as long as they can.

There was a study released a few years ago that determined that there was a correlation between a college QB staying longer in college and having greater success in the NFL.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I disagree.

IMO, when it comes to the NFL draft, running backs should leave college as soon as they can, and QB's should stay in college as long as they can.
Usually true, but it's situational. This kid likely won't start. He's hot now. I think he's happy there and wants to stay, but it may cost him money and more. It's a gamble. There's no doubt he'd be snapped up as a project by some team at this point.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This kid likely won't start.

From my armchair, he should not. In fact, the starter the previous two years who got hurt in practice should sit behind the starter they had this year. There is more to being a quarterback than running like Reggie Bush and throwing like Jeff George. That is hyperbole to make a point.

I thought he was a great decision maker and seemed to be quite accurate with his passes.

And speaking of college, Blake Barnett is what should have been a USC future NFL QB. I assume you know who he is. He is an early enrollee, and could replace Sims. He is that good. Then again, some dudes stink and nobody learns until they play. This is why top coaches like Saban and Meyer don't offer a kid until he comes to their camp.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Aw shucks, now look at that, with New England picking 32nd.:chuckle:

Anyone catch any of Belichick on Letterman? Gotta admit it's kind of creepy watching The Hoodie smile from ear to ear.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The last time the Steelers had the toughest schedule in the league was 2008

They won the Super Bowl that year

Granite

Hall of Fame
Tolkien couldn't imagine that happening this year. :poly: Jules Verne couldn't imagine that happening this year.

Yeah, I don't see that happening either. It'd be sweet if they came to Gillette to open the season though.

I do believe that both Seattle and Denver will slide, though--maybe not significant regression, but it'll be obvious with both teams.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The last time the Patriots won the Super Bowl, the Steelers won the Super Bowl the next year

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, I don't see that happening either. It'd be sweet if they came to Gillette to open the season though.
Too much competition at the top and teams getting better. The Steelers have talent, but can they separate? I think they have at least one team in their own division to stop them.

I do believe that both Seattle and Denver will slide, though--maybe not significant regression, but it'll be obvious with both teams.
Seattle has to, but how much will depend on Lynch. Denver...if they want to be what they have been for the past three years, yes. If they want to transition to a run first or run balanced then not necessarily. They could improve. It's going to be a real test of the front office/coaching cohesion in terms of vision.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gale Sayers was inducted into the HOF when he was 34 years old.

That's 5 years younger than Peyton Manning will be on opening day 2015.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Gale Sayers was inducted into the HOF when he was 34 years old.
That can happen if you're a one of a kind talent whose career is cut short. Pretty impressive to arrive on the NFL scene in 65, be done by 72 and make the Hall.

That's 5 years younger than Peyton Manning will be on opening day 2015.
I'm sure Sayers would have rather been older and had a longer career, but that's the way of it. I think Warner deserved a similar treatment and didn't get it, though he'll likely arrive in Canton next year.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure Sayers would have rather been older and had a longer career, but that's the way of it. I think Warner deserved a similar treatment and didn't get it, though he'll likely arrive in Canton next year.

Same with Terrell Davis. His finale of 2000 yards was also 5.1 ypc. Their careers are similar in several ways including dominating the sport. If he played for the Steelers and played at 80% of what he could do for 10 years, he would be in. I cant' figure out the Hall's stupidity when it comes to great Bronco players.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Same with Terrell Davis. His finale of 2000 yards was also 5.1 ypc. Their careers are similar in several ways including dominating the sport. If he played for the Steelers and played at 80% of what he could do for 10 years, he would be in. I cant' figure out the Hall's stupidity when it comes to great Bronco players.
Blame what's his name, the journeyman running back who had a solid year in relief. The myth that Mike could make any running back look good undercut Davis, even though no Denver RB looked anything like Davis.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The myth that Mike could make any running back look good undercut Davis, even though no Denver RB looked anything like Davis.

Clinton Portis was far from as productive as Davis, and he is not the no-name you speak of. It was Olandis Gary. Sorry if I spelled it wrong. I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.