NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I've yet to figure out why the Tuck Rule was even added to the NFL rulebook...who thought it was necessary and or a good idea?

Oddly enough, the tuck rule went against New England earlier that same season in a game against the Jets.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now we know what fat Jameis Winston looks like.

Fat%20Jameis.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The NFL combine is this week. Big rep totals for the 225 lb bench press standard and eye catching 40 yard dash times will elevate players that should not be elevated because they are easily outsmarted.

And other players show they are much more than even thought with a solid showing. Like Andrew Luck showing he can run, besides being ahead of the curve.

I think the draft is still 71 days away, and I think Winston will be in much better shape and taken first. The Bucs need a quarterback (as do about 25 teams). Winston did take snaps under center and that seems like a no-brainer, but with the zone read schemes seen in college because the defenses are slow, they can't do it anymore.

This is one reason I think Michigan will be successful again with Harbaugh. He will run a pro-style system like Michigan did for decades with great success, and he can tutor the quarterbacks directly.

SaulToPaul 2

The NFL combine is this week. Big rep totals for the 225 lb bench press standard and eye catching 40 yard dash times will elevate players that should not be elevated because they are easily outsmarted.

I can bench 225 x 8 but run a 10 second 40 yard dash.

At 43, how do I stack up?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can bench 225 x 8 but run a 10 second 40 yard dash.

aka white man's disease, also demonstrated with the 14 inch vertical leap.

At 43, how do I stack up?

:idunno: About 75 inches and 215lbs?

NFL.com said the weakest lineman did 20 reps. I am sure others did less where it isn't as important.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freaks at the combine.

Tony Mandrich

In hindsight, the most impressive thing the “Incredible Bulk” did was pass his steroid drug screening during the Combine. At 304 pounds, Mandarich ran a 4.65 in the 40, exploded for a 30” vertical and 10’3” broad jump, and ripped off 39 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press.​

:plain:

Chris Johnson

Before he became CJ2K, the gold-grilled CJ4.24 was the gold standard official record-holder in laser-timed 40-yard sprints, posting a 4.24 and hitting the first-round finish line in-stride. CJ has not, however, been able to set up a race against Usain Bolt.​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess 8 reps is pretty good considering they are in their 20s and weigh 300 or more.

One was in the teens. There is a link to the worst performances. And yes, they are in their early 20s and supposed to play professional football.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One was in the teens. There is a link to the worst performances. And yes, they are in their early 20s and supposed to play professional football.

I can't do it 8 times. So, :up:

Maybe some years ago when I was still working at it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is one reason I think Michigan will be successful again with Harbaugh. He will run a pro-style system like Michigan did for decades with great success, and he can tutor the quarterbacks directly.

Fateis Winston on being tutored by Michigan's new coach. He and Bryce Petty met with him.

Jameis Winston said:
It was just an honor to meet him and all of his accomplishments and the type of coach that he is. I wish I could have played for him

I think the Big Ten East is about to become the best division in football, but that is a different thread for this fall.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I can bench 225 x 8

At the NBA Combine, the players have to bench press 185 pounds.

In 2007, Kevin Durant couldn't even bench press 185 pounds one time. He was the only player unable to do so. Because he couldn't bench press 185 once, he was predicted to be an NBA bust.

The NBA Combine record for 185 pounds is 27 by Jason Keep in 2003

Keep went undrafted, played in the Philippines, and now plays in the Chilean League.

Durant makes 19 million a year, and just signed a 300 million deal with Nike.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Meanwhile an artist has reimagined a few NFL helmets and I have to admit a few of them are better than the originals. Here's a link. What say you? I have to admit liking the Cleveland, Denver, Colts, Tampa and San Diego takes. Not as crazy about messing with GB or Dallas.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those helmets remind me of the Nike Combat uniforms they are paying schools to wear.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Meanwhile an artist has reimagined a few NFL helmets and I have to admit a few of them are better than the originals. Here's a link. What say you? I have to admit liking the Cleveland, Denver, Colts, Tampa and San Diego takes. Not as crazy about messing with GB or Dallas.

Not bad, overall.

The latest Deflategate twists and turns continue to make the league and officials look more and more incompetent without any latest revelations impugning the world champs, I'm happy to report.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not bad, overall.

The latest Deflategate twists and turns continue to make the league and officials look more and more incompetent without any latest revelations impugning the world champs, I'm happy to report.
I heard something the other day that impacts my belief in that ever coming to anything. It seems the commissioners' salary but his bonuses, the ones that make millions into real money is decided by a three man panel.

Guess who one of the three is...(hint: it rhymes with aft). :plain:

No, no conflict of interest there. :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Right, the owner he's embarrassed, then infuriated, then driven to demand an apology from the commish.

Yeah, I'm sure they're real tight right now.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Right, the owner he's embarrassed, then infuriated, then driven to demand an apology from the commish.
Or, the owner who is an old and staunch ally, who made the sort of comments he needed to to help keep the conversation off Roger being in pocket while the commissioner did what he had to do to keep another black eye for his office and the league at bay, slowing the wheels to let this die out over the off season.

Those guys.

Yeah, I'm sure they're real tight right now.
You better believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.