Can you lose what you are using?

Awwwww
91157a5acfa31f30f5c5.gif

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good point that it is vBulletin - if you go back to my second post, I do identify it as vBulletin. It's just phpbb can do the same for free (just sayin' - there is only a one-time approx. $280 difference in the cost regardless).
I would beg to differ, having run a phpbb site for a few years. Many features available to vBulletin are simply non-existent in the free software or the hacks that attempt to duplicate the vBulletin features are nightmares.

At any rate...

I like you.
Kind words. Thanks.

AMR

fatkat

I would beg to differ, having run a phpbb site for a few years. Many features available to vBulletin are simply non-existent in the free software or the hacks that attempt to duplicate the vBulletin features are nightmares.

At any rate...

Kind words. Thanks.

AMR

Well you just needed a developer to customize it for you :D I can be had for a reasonable hourly rate ;)

Of course for all the expense and effort of getting the unrivaled admin that vBulletin has, it does make sense to shell out the $280.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's one of dozens of website valuation sites that merely approximate the value of a website based on a variety of predetermined factors such as Alexa ranking etc. What valuation sites ignore entirely is the content of the website that might make the value horribly under-valued or possibly over-valued. And because they do not factor in the content of the website they obviously are way off when it comes to the ad revenue.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Apparently there are a lot of basic functions that are locked out to new users and just maybe there is some kind of pay scale to unlock features?

That's so completely lame - PHPBB is free - I guess they need to make money somehow. HO HUM SIGH

:yawn: IF you don't like the forum, easy to remedy ... go away.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I'm betting this doofus is banned before he reaches 50 posts.

Any takers?

I'll take 100 posts.

I agree - advertising one's abilities rather than demonstrating them usually indicates incompetence.

You've been advertising as far as I can tell.
I simply happen to have a certain youthful arrogance.
Me too! :D

1) The universe is billions of years old
I think I agree, mostly.
2) The genesis account of creation is literally true and does not contradict 1
I do believe the Genisis is literal, also, an however old the U is, I believe that it will not contradict #1.
3) God sees the entire history of the universe - past, present, and future all at once (the future has already happened :cheers:)
I thought this wholeheartedly when I joined. I am seriously wondering, now, and am enjoying the conversations about it.

4) Salvation cannot be lost - to be saved one must only confess that Jesus is Lord with their mouth and believe God raised Him from the dead in their heart.

AMEN, 100% right. Rom 10:9-11

Read the thread next time son. Already covered this. :DK:

:chuckle:You've got a mouth on you, alright. I think we may get along, if you're truly not trolling.

I wonder how many atheists around here would be saved by this standard. I'm one.

Its a true statement. I was saved by it, so were most "Christians" on this site.

fatkat

I'll take 100 posts.

You've been advertising as far as I can tell.
Me too! :D

I think I agree, mostly.

I do believe the Genisis is literal, also, an however old the U is, I believe that it will not contradict #1.

I thought this wholeheartedly when I joined. I am seriously wondering, now, and am enjoying the conversations about it.

AMEN, 100% right. Rom 10:9-11

:chuckle:You've got a mouth on you, alright. I think we may get along, if you're truly not trolling.

Its a true statement. I was saved by it, so were most "Christians" on this site.

+rep I like the break down here.

I thought I was pretty much alone in my way of believing (at least here in Iowa) and the reason I joined this site is because I saw a lot of threads with people arguing for positions I hold.

WeirdChick

Wow, first impressions are such a treat. :Christine

Hello Fatkat, from a fellow newbie.
You ain't seen nothing until you've seen offtopic forums. TOL forum has it's reasons for limiting access, as you've learned. OT is a whole other zebra. All member options are by $ only. There are even forums one can not access unless they're paid.
No kidding.
TOL is like anything else. A choice. No one has to pander to pay you attention.

bybee

Apparently there are a lot of basic functions that are locked out to new users and just maybe there is some kind of pay scale to unlock features?

That's so completely lame - PHPBB is free - I guess they need to make money somehow. HO HUM SIGH

Whatever!:alien:

Status
Not open for further replies.