New film tackles evidence for evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Not true at all. Some try other ways. Yet because of your own mental limitations the only thing you folks can see is ridicule, whether or not intentional/necessary.
:darwinsm:
Let me ask you Frank, how do you treat someone who refuses to listen to clear reason?
As a stupid, arrogant jerk.
Do you try to sugarcoat your words when their own emotional makeup has them seeing ridicule when there was none? Is that even possible if one needs to make a point regarding reason and reason does not work on such individuals, these individuals who when confronted with reason on a certain subject, claim their revelation trumps reason?
You're right. For those reasons I rarely engage evolutionists in conversation.
Would you even know the difference between sincere correction on such a matter and "ridicule"? Could it be that your feeling of absolute knowledge, through "revelation", makes "sincere correction" and "ridicule" appear the same to you?
:darwinsm: I know, it's different and justifiable when one of the "enlightened" does it.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
You find it bewildering because you weren't paying attention in 7th grade science class.
:blabla:
To be fair to you, the details are still hard to see; while evolution is well-understood in most things, abiogenesis is not; we still aren't precisely sure how the earth brought forth life.
:darwinsm: (The phrase "stupid, arrogant jerk" comes to mind.)
But for a Christian, God's word should be sufficient. Why isn't it good enough for you?
It is. You must have missed that one because you weren't paying attention in religion class.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
That is like asking "What is rational about the hydrologic cycle, and how does evaporating and condensing H2O which produces rain, rivers, lakes, oceans...attain a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?"
:darwinsm: Hmmmm. Your counter-question makes no sense, but that's ok. Obviously your level of understanding has been exceeded and your ability to reason went into lockdown.

Rather sad and comical at the same time.

alwight

Congratulations on missing the point.

Precisely.

You are so full of yourself you're just not worth listening to.

If you can put aside the puffed up pride for a post and not litter it with "Barbarian observes" or Barbarian offers," etc. I might consider giving you a chance. But no reasonable person expects you to be able to stop being wrapped up in yourself or to be able to actually give an answer to the question.

This from the epitome of brainless wonder.
Ah! The Lighthose seal of disapproval. :first:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Religion exists pretty much because people choose adherence to it, usually their local convenient religion.
Science otoh could not exist if it was just adhered to, it has to be questioned, not simply obeyed, or it too becomes another religion.
As it has.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You are so full of yourself you're just not worth listening to.

This, coming from the guy who has exhibited complete ignorance of biology, but presumes to lecture people who do know what they are talking about. Sure, your pride is hurt. I just told you how to avoid that in the future. If you don't want to be embarrassed, learn.

If you can put aside the puffed up pride for a post and not litter it with "Barbarian observes" or Barbarian offers," etc. I might consider giving you a chance.

If you don't like learning from me, libraries are free. And there are a ton of .edu sites that can teach you what you need to know. Of course, it requires a little time and effort. Which you're not going to exert.

No one with any sense really thinks you're going to bother learning anything. I made the offer sincerely, but we all knew you weren't willing to put out the effort to educate yourself.

That's always been obvious.

But no reasonable person expects you to be able to stop being wrapped up in yourself or to be able to actually give an answer to the question.

Everyone saw the answer I gave. Everyone knows that when you don't get the answer you want, you deny ever getting one.

noguru

:darwinsm: Hmmmm. Your counter-question makes no sense, but that's ok. Obviously your level of understanding has been exceeded and your ability to reason went into lockdown.

Rather sad and comical at the same time.

It is easy to just say something. backing it up is what counts. You have failed at that. What I said makes sense. All natural processes have that in common. Evolution is no different, being a natural process. But I do not expect you to understand.

noguru

You're right. For those reasons I rarely engage evolutionists in conversation.

Yeah, I understand it is better for you to remain willfully ignorant. And for you to remain certain that your error is correct. After all you have "divine revelation" telling you that you have it all right. That must be a very convenient way to live. When confronted with reality, you can just claim "Divine revelation says I am right".

:rotfl:

noguru

As a stupid, arrogant jerk.

It is ironic that the most arrogant among us are always pointing out the arrogance and stupidity of others. It is arrogant to think you can deny reality. It is not arrogant to accept reality and be confident that I have.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I understand it is better for you to remain willfully ignorant. And for you to remain certain that your error is correct. After all you have "divine revelation" telling you that you have it all right. That must be a very convenient way to live. When confronted with reality, you can just claim "Divine revelation says I am right".

:rotfl:
:darwinsm: And the Psychic Friends Network is up and running!

noguru

:darwinsm: And the Psychic Friends Network is up and running!

My judgement is based on the content of your posts. Just because you are not astute enough to see reality accurately, does not mean we all have to follow suit. Get over it

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
It is ironic that the most arrogant among us are always pointing out the arrogance and stupidity of others.
Noted. You are, perhaps, the epitome of same.
It is arrogant to think you can deny reality. It is not arrogant to accept reality and be confident that I have.
Ah, yes! Proverbs 16:18 (KJV) It's nice that you have constructed a "reality" you can accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.