New film tackles evidence for evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

[Not included the same stuff as below but without attribution to a certain Kent Hovind (comedian?)]

1Scooter

The Tale Of The Magic Rock Apes
Okay, now sit down now, boys and girls - it's story time! Shhhh.... Once upon a time, billions of years ago, there was nothing. Suddenly, magically, the nothing exploded into something. That something is called hydrogen. Can you say "hydrogen?" I knew you could. This hydrogen eventually cooled down enough to condense into solid rock. It was magic rock. Inert and lifeless, but still magical. And then, magically, water formed in the sky above the rock. The waters rained on the rock for, oh, let's say billions of years. Some of the rock broke down into minerals, and these minerals washed into a pool of water.

Then one day some of these minerals magically formed into a kind of goo in the pool of water. Can you say "goo?" I knew you could. Well do you know what happened then? That's right! The goo magically became ALIVE. So anyway, this bit of magic goo magically found something to eat. Then, magically, it found another bit of magic goo to marry, and they had a whole bunch of magical little goos. Eventually - millions of years later - some of this goo grew up into all the plants and animals in the world around us. If it's alive, it came from that first bit of magic goo! Well, more time went on. Finally some of this goo magically evolved - can you say "evolved?" I knew you could - some of this goo magically evolved upwards and upwards, growing ever more advanced, bigger, stronger, smarter, until it became a kind of magical hairless ape with thumbs.

And do you know who those apes are? That's right! They're YOU and ME! We are the magic rock apes! And you know what else? Someday we'll evolve enough that we'll become the God we all know doesn't exist. Now take a nap.

Dr. Kent Hovind

9 years ago | Comments (2) | + 1 Funny
http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=343058

9 years old and just one person found it funny?
I wonder who that was? :think:

Is Kent Hovind a Dr. as he claims?

Apparently any mail addressed to "Dr. Kent Hovind" received by his prison mailroom will be returned to sender as unknown. :chuckle:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Creationists are apparently so simple minded that they can't fathom that a mixture of substances sitting in a warm, still pool for millions upon millions of years will eventually form mechanical systems on the microscopic level which will gradually become more complex.
I'd like to see the accounts of where and when this has been observed.
It's good science, there's nothing far fetched about it.
It's not science, it's bewildering speculation.
Creationists main artillery is basically to make it comical and ridicule it.
Which is the exact tactic of some so-called "scientists."
But rarely do they ever actually consider the rational potential of it.
What is rational about a series of random occurrences which, suddenly, attain a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Yes, you are as deluded as the others. Science has within it answers to why that is imprecise, inaccurate and an absurd representation of what science really concludes. But stubborn arrogant jerks like you will never realize when and where you are wrong. So you continue to repeat deceit and maintain your willful ignorance. This exactly why reasonable people find your antics both sad and comical.
:darwinsm: Perhaps someday, by the grace of God, you may see the irony.

noguru

Which is the exact tactic of some so-called "scientists."

Not true at all. Some try other ways. Yet because of your own mental limitations the only thing you folks can see is ridicule, whether or not intentional/necessary.

Let me ask you Frank, how do you treat someone who refuses to listen to clear reason? Do you try to sugarcoat your words when their own emotional makeup has them seeing ridicule when there was none? Is that even possible if one needs to make a point regarding reason and reason does not work on such individuals, these individuals who when confronted with reason on a certain subject, claim their revelation trumps reason?

Would you even know the difference between sincere correction on such a matter and "ridicule"? Could it be that your feeling of absolute knowledge, through "revelation", makes "sincere correction" and "ridicule" appear the same to you?

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It's not science, it's bewildering speculation.

You find it bewildering because you weren't paying attention in 7th grade science class. To be fair to you, the details are still hard to see; while evolution is well-understood in most things, abiogenesis is not; we still aren't precisely sure how the earth brought forth life.

But for a Christian, God's word should be sufficient. Why isn't it good enough for you?

Last edited:

noguru

What is rational about a series of random occurrences which, suddenly, attain a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?

That is like asking "What is rational about the hydrologic cycle, and how does evaporating and condensing H2O which produces rain, rivers, lakes, oceans...attain a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?"

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
That is like asking "What is rational about the hydrologic cycle ...

now you clowns think the hydrologic cycle attains a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?

:darwinsm:

well, i spose if you gave it millions and millions of years, it might evolve one :chuckle:

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
That is like asking "What is rational about the hydrologic cycle, and how does evaporating and condensing H2O which produces rain, rivers, lakes, oceans...attain a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?"

"Looks designed; must be um... complex specified information.."

That or temperature gradients and gravity. One of those.

noguru

now you clowns think the hydrologic cycle attains a purposeless and simultaneously directed will?

:darwinsm:

well, i spose it you gave it millions and millions of years, it might evolve one :chuckle:

You don't have the slightest clue about which you are posting. You are obviously the clown.

Asking why natural processes produce what they do in terms of "purposeless" and "simultaneously directed" is the same question for all of them. But you are too stupid to have the critical thinking skills to see this. This is exactly why reasonable people laugh at you folks and why you must gather in degenerate websites that falsely claim to be about "truth". Because you can always slap the label "divine revelation" on your absurd and disgusting strategies of life, without critical thought from your choir of morons.

Last edited:

Alate_One

The only "problem" is evolutionists, who want everything to be evolution until it is used as a challenge, at which time they want it not to be evolution.
No, the problem is you take every "evolutionist" and try to force them to defend the positions of every other "evolutionist".

Trying to explain morality with evolution is actually quite a few steps removed from the scientific theory itself. I think you are still trying to equate anything naturalistic with evolution.

You really do need to quit with the knee-jerk responses. Nothing I have said should challenge your theistic evolutionism -- unless you're more committed to protecting the evolutionism than the theology.
It doesn't challenge me, but your "argument" ignores theistic evolution.

It looks like you are desperate to set up your straw man to have something to disagree with other than what has been clearly presented.
Except that hasn't been your argument. And either one is refuted by theistic evolution.

The only way "objective" morality and evolution being true are incompatible is if evolution *must* be atheistic. There is no reason to assume that.

And the other problem is even if the proposition is right that evolution provides no basis for morality, that doesn't make it wrong as a scientific theory. It garners a big "So What?"

6days

Barbarian said:
This from a guy who we have to repeatedly show that evolution is not about the origin of life, or the big bang

What are you talking about? Evolution is an ambiguous word. There is chemical evolution, stellar evolution, micro and macro biological evolution (also meaningless terms) and much more. Evolutionists (including Barbarian) always equivocate on terms. For example I think you have said 'evolution has been observed'. *

Did you mean we have observed how organisms adapt? Did you mean you have observed planets forming? Did you mean you have observed an allele change?*

When evolutionists say "evolution has been observed"...we know they are blowing smoke, trying to sell their belief system.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Then the OT clearly depicts an immoral "god".
"I will wipe out from the earth the men whom I have created, and
not only the men, but also the beasts and the creeping things and
the birds of the air, for I am sorry that I made them."

In the eyes of God the earth was corrupt and full of lawlessness.
When God saw how corrupt the earth had become, since all mortals
led depraved lives on earth, he said to Noah: "I have decided to put
an end to all mortals on earth; the earth is full of lawlessness be-
cause of them. So I will destroy them and all life on earth.

"I, on my part, am about to bring the flood on the earth, to destroy
everywhere all creatures in which there is the breath of life; every-
thing on earth shall perish.

"Seven days from now I will bring rain down on the earth for forty
days and forty nights, and so I will wipe out from the surface of the
earth every moving creature that I have made."

All creatures that stirred on earth perished: birds, cattle, wild an-
imals, and all that swarmed on the earth, as well as all mankind.
Everything on dry land with the faintest breath of life in its nostrils
died out. The LORD wiped out every living thing on earth: man and
cattle, the creeping things and the birds of the air; all were wiped
out from the earth. Only Noah and those with him in the ark were
left

Genesis 6:7, 11-13, 17, 7:4, 21-23​
God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the
ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water.
This prefigured baptism, which saves you now. It is not a removal of
dirt from the body but an appeal to God for a clear conscience,
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven
and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers
subject to him.

1st Peter 3:20-22​

noguru

What are you talking about? Evolution is an ambiguous word. There is chemical evolution, stellar evolution, micro and macro biological evolution (also meaningless terms) and much more. Evolutionists (including Barbarian) always equivocate on terms. For example I think you have said 'evolution has been observed'. *

You are an idiot. The word is ambiguous just like any word. That is why there are descriptive words around it and/or its context. Those descriptive words are designed by humans to narrow down the vague penumbra. You demonstrate with almost every one of your posts (in your own words) what a complete and utter moron you are. Keep it up my friend. Keep showing the world the intellectual and moral bankruptcy of your socio-political agenda.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, the problem is you take every "evolutionist" and try to force them to defend the positions of every other "evolutionist".
Evolution is the idea that all living things are descended from a single common ancestor by means of random mutation and natural selection.

This process cannot account for morality.

I am utterly justified in expecting evolutionists to stick to their own fundamentals. The problem is, they can't. Most cannot even properly describe what they believe as I can.

Trying to explain morality with evolution is actually quite a few steps removed from the scientific theory itself. I think you are still trying to equate anything naturalistic with evolution.
:darwinsm: The Classic Darwinist response: Accuse the challenger of exactly what the evolutionists is so fond of doing.

It doesn't challenge me.
Then quit arguing. :up:

Except that hasn't been your argument. And either one is refuted by theistic evolution.
Reading is a struggle, isn't it? :chuckle:

The only way ... morality and evolution being true are incompatible is if evolution *must* be atheistic. There is no reason to assume that.
This is called begging the question. You can't dodge the challenge by assuming evolution to be true.

The challenge did nothing to demand any explanation of the nature of evolution.

And the other problem is even if the proposition is right that evolution provides no basis for morality, that doesn't make it wrong as a scientific theory. It garners a big "So What?"
Which is just you looking for something else to say to draw attention away from the rest of your nonsense. :idunno:

If you don't care, quit arguing. :up:

noguru

Evolution is the idea that all living things are descended from a single common ancestor by means of random mutation and natural selection.

This process cannot account for morality.

Right, and as many have pointed out, there are many aspects of science that do not account for human morality. You are an idiot to expect that evolution, the hydrologic cycle, atomic theory...or any other of the vast number of ideas in science should account for human morality. The problem is your understanding of science, not the science behind evolution.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles at Stipe's attempt to equivocate:
This from a guy who we have to repeatedly show that evolution is not about the origin of life, or the big bang

What are you talking about?

Evolution. In biology it has a very precise meaning. "Change in allele frequency in populations over time." Creationists often throw up a smoke screen by using the word as it's used in other disciplines.

There is chemical evolution, stellar evolution, micro and macro biological evolution (also meaningless terms) and much more.

Yep. Like that. No matter how often we remind you guys, you persist in equivocation

Evolutionists (including Barbarian) always equivocate on terms.

Perhaps you don't know what "equivocation" means. Let me help:

Equivocation ("to call by the same name") is classified as an informal logical fallacy. It is the misleading use of a term with more than one meaning or sense (by glossing over which meaning is intended at a particular time). It generally occurs with polysemic words (words with multiple meanings).
Wikipedia

As you see, it's what you just did, and what Stipe got called out for doing.

For example I think you have said 'evolution has been observed'. *

Did you mean we have observed how organisms adapt?

Yes. And new species evolving, and so on. That's what "evolution" means in biology. Notice that the strange guy in Stipe's video was using it in that sense, at least part of the time. Didn't watch all of it, so he might have been equivocating the way you and Stipe did it.

Did you mean you have observed an allele change?*

Yes. And scientists have observed the evolution of new species.

When evolutionists say "evolution has been observed"...we know they are blowing smoke, trying to sell their belief system.

Nice try. But the equivocation game is always a loser for creationists. It's merely necessary to show that the word has a very specific meaning in evolutionary theory.

noguru

Resurrected is due to complain that people who accept evolution are raining all over the YEC parade here. He would rather that they could avoid accurate critical analysis of their claims and continue spreading their deceit.

And Stripe is due to request that we look only at the evidence. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.