Nang's SPOTD is Tet's Hit Out of the Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

Read Romans 12

Paul tells us there are many members in the Body of Christ. Members do not all have the same function.

Some members may evangelize, some may be missionaries, some may help the poor, some may help the widows, some may help the senior citizens, some may help the handicap, etc.

How do YOU glorify God in your body?

john w

Hall of Fame
Only to Darby followers does it make no sense.

Tell us what "Paul's gospel" is, the one you say that you "love," so that we won't be misled by that "satanist" Darby.

This "mostly for" does not make sense to me.

Tell us of what teachings "Paul taught," which of them are "mostly for" us, and why.

Unpack it for me.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Because of how nasty some of your Dispie buddies get, I'm not going to give specifics.

For the purpose of this discussion, just assume it's one of the following:

Some members may evangelize, some may be missionaries, some may help the poor, some may help the widows, some may help the senior citizens, some may help the handicap, etc.

john w

Hall of Fame
tetelestai;4114234[QUOTE said:
]Read Romans 12

Paul tells us there are many members in the Body of Christ. Members do not all have the same function. Some members may evangelize, some may be missionaries, some may help the poor, some may help the widows, some may help the senior citizens, some may help the handicap, etc

Is one of the functions of members to teach?I've silenced poor Craigie. He's caught.[/QUOTE]

Nang

TOL Subscriber

With the sacrifice of praise: Hebrews 13:15

With sincere thanksgivings: II Cor. 4:15, 9:11; Phil. 4:6, Col. 2:7, 4:2, I Tim. 4:3-4, Rev. 7:12

By serving righteousness: Romans 6:22; I John 3:10

By bearing fruits of Spirit: Galatians 5:22-25

By bearing one another’s burdens: Galatians 6:2

Daily living by faith not by sight or works: Hebrews 11:6

By following God's commands: I John 2:3-4

By loving fellow believers: I John 2:4:11

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also:

(Heb 13:15-16) 15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name. 16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Dispensationalists don't like these passages.

They are taught that after faith, they don't have to do a thing.

While that is true from a salvation standpoint, it's not what Paul and Peter teach the Royal Priesthood of believers are to do. Paul and Peter both tell us to offer spiritual sacrifices to the Lord.

Those who have faith who do not offer spiritual sacrifices have a dead faith.

(James 2:17) In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

This is just another example of how the false teachings of John Nelson Darby (Dispensationalism) is a dangerous doctrine.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
With the sacrifice of praise: Hebrews 13:15

With sincere thanksgivings: II Cor. 4:15, 9:11; Phil. 4:6, Col. 2:7, 4:2, I Tim. 4:3-4, Rev. 7:12

By serving righteousness: Romans 6:22; I John 3:10

By bearing fruits of Spirit: Galatians 5:22-25

By bearing one another’s burdens: Galatians 6:2

Daily living by faith not by sight or works: Hebrews 11:6

By following God's commands: I John 2:3-4

By loving fellow believers: I John 2:4:11

Amen !!!!!!

Dispies don't want to hear this. They are taught to do nothing after salvation.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Is one of the functions of members to teach?I've silenced poor Craigie. He's caught.

Hebrews 8:11; I John 2:27

Part of the fulfillment of the new Covenant as prophesied by Jeremiah 31:31-34, and Joel 2:28-32

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Amen !!!!!!

Most Dispensationalists think grace = license to live lawlessly, and prove to be antinomians. IMO, they are intellectually lazy and spiritually passive.

God wants and blesses evidence of active faith . . not just lip service hypocritically given in His name.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most Dispensationalists think grace = license to live lawlessly, and prove to be antinomians. IMO, they are intellectually lazy and spiritually passive.

Yep.

As you can see from STP's posts, he thinks spiritual sacrifices are not for him.

He thinks he's the big toe of Jesus, and that the Royal Priesthood and spiritual sacrifices are for the lowly "kingdom believers" that's he's one day going to rule over.

God wants and blesses evidence of active faith . . not just lip service hypocritically given to His name.

You will now be accused of preaching a "works based" doctrine by the Dispies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Amen !!!!!!

They think it is a sin to do any of these things.

(I forgot to list the sacrifice of charity! Christians can sacrifice through their pocketbooks, too.)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They think it is a sin to do any of these things.

Yes, I know.

When I attended the Dispy church I did for 25 years, the pastor called them "dead works".

He used to say that people did these "dead works" because of guilt, and that guilt was a sin, and therefore doing the "dead works" was a sin.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yep.

As you can see from STP's posts, he thinks spiritual sacrifices are not for him.

He thinks he's the big toe of Jesus, and that the Royal Priesthood and spiritual sacrifices are for the lowly "kingdom believers" that's he's one day going to rule over.

You will now be accused of preaching a "works based" doctrine by the Dispies.

How can a sincere believer in Jesus Christ, ever conform to His image, and grow in grace, if they do not follow in His footsteps and love the Law and the Brethren?

This is the wonderful teaching of the Apostle John, who dispies seem to marginalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.