• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

My Problem with Creation Science

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
There was no twisting of words.

There most certainly was. You said that my point with this thread is that we should all be fine with it if it turns out that bible is proven to be in contradiction to the scientific facts of reality. I would never say such a thing, I do not believe such a thing, and I would never even infer such a thing. Ergo you twisted my words. Period.

Does he want me to know the exact number of years from Adam to Jesus? I don't think so. Such knowledge does not help me lead a Godly life in the slightest

I disagree!

Well, I will be interested to know how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps you feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, And love thy neighbor.

Perhaps you might also explain how so many wonderful saints from the past, from Saint Francis to Mother Theresa, were able to love unconditionally without your scientific facts!

Mother Theresa walked the walk. She did not waste time with these STUPID arguments. She held the lepers to her bosom and actually went to where the poor are and was Christ to them.

Are you Christ to the poor the way Mother Theresa was?
Or are you just one of those blowhards arguing about dinosaurs and stupid crap as you pass judgement on others.

571ee173-6664-418e-9f8d-755cff40d31b_tv_w408_r1.jpg

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There most certainly was...
The post is all still right there for everyone to read TG.

The implications of your comments are clear and you don't even deny them.

There rest of this post was simple stupidity. It's clear you didn't even bother to read the bulk of my post.

You're one of the emotionally fragile people I've ever encountered on this forum. If you aren't interested in discussing the things you say with people who might disagree with you then what in the world are you doing here?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You're one of the emotionally fragile people I've ever encountered on this forum

That seems to be the common response I get when I box someone in the proverbial corner. They try to marginalize me with that nonsense once they know I have bested them.

I am not emotional in the slightest. I am just typing facts.

Now lets see if you can answer the important question that you dodged with your insult: I will be interested to know how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps you feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, And love thy neighbor.

Perhaps you might also explain how so many wonderful saints from the past, from Saint Francis to Mother Theresa, were able to love unconditionally without your scientific facts!

Mother Theresa walked the walk. She did not waste time with these STUPID arguments. She held the lepers to her bosom and actually went to where the poor are and was Christ to them.

Are you Christ to the poor the way Mother Theresa was? Or are you just one of those blowhards arguing about dinosaurs and stupid crap as you pass judgement on others.

1607459284254.jpeg

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
All you've done is whine like a cry baby.

Reviewing Posts 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. I see no whining and no crying. You have lied yet again. I have not whined like a cry baby, but you have dodged my question like a coward.

You haven't refuted a single point I've made

I refuted the entire premise of your first post, #17. Apparently I have to repeat everything.

The first thing you said in Post #17 was false, to which I replied and demonstrated it was false:

So, it seems that Trump Girl's point with this thread is that we should all be fine with it if it turns out that bible is proven to be in contradiction to the scientific facts of reality.
I never said that and it is very disingenuous of you to put those word in my mouth. That sounds like something a CNN reporter would do to Trump, twist his words.
I believe that the Bible is true and inspired by God. So there is your starting point.

That false statement was refuted.

What corner am I in TG?

The most important question of the all you dodged and evaded by insulting me. That tells me you cannot answer it. That tells me I have you boxed in a corner. And now you have dodged it again by using yet another insult, so I will ask it a third time:

I will be interested to know how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps you feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, And love thy neighbor.​
Perhaps you might also explain how so many wonderful saints from the past, from Saint Francis to Mother Theresa, were able to love unconditionally without your scientific facts!​
Are you Christ to the poor the way Mother Theresa was? Or are you just one of those blowhards arguing about dinosaurs and stupid crap as you pass judgement on others.​
(NOTE to other readers: The third time asking this, as with the first two, contains no whining or crying, just a simple question that seems to be too difficult for Clete to answer.)​

1607459284254.jpeg

Last edited:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
284 . . . It is not only a question of knowing when and how the universe arose physically, or when man appeared, but rather of discovering the meaning of such an origin: is the universe governed by chance, blind fate, anonymous necessity, or by a transcendent, intelligent and good Being called “God”? And if the world does come from God’s wisdom and goodness, why is there evil? Where does it come from? Who is responsible for it? Is there any liberation from it?
And, Why does the story as told "in the rocks" (fossils, sedimentary layers, dating techniques, etc.) suggest that the universe is "governed by chance, blind fate, anonymous necessity", if it is instead governed by God? This is the trouble with this text in the Catechism imo.

Let me set out right away, that we as Christians are free to believe in evolution and billions of years and all that, there's no obligation to believe in a young earth or six days. We are also free to not believe in evolution and billions of years though.

And also I note for your sake, that I do not think this text is Apostolic in origin. For those who don't know; while the Catechism includes every Apostolic teaching that has been revealed to us to date (up to and including the second Vatican council), not every text comes directly from them---but there isn't a crib sheet to inform us which texts are directly Apostolic and which ones aren't. We do know that Apostolicity wrt teachings is limited to faith /doctrine, and morals. So any guidance on science, politics, the arts, etc., where they don't touch on either faith or morals, are categorically distinct from all that the Church believes is Apostolic in origin, and therefore divine in authority.

Peace to you.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Peace to you.

et cum spiritu tuo

And, Why does the story as told "in the rocks" (fossils, sedimentary layers, dating techniques, etc.) suggest that the universe is "governed by chance, blind fate, anonymous necessity", if it is instead governed by God?

I am not sure the Catechism said that exactly.

Let me set out right away, that we as Christians are free to believe in evolution and billions of years and all that, there's no obligation to believe in a young earth or six days. We are also free to not believe in evolution and billions of years though.

Well, that is what you and I believe because we are Catholics. The Church says that a faithful Catholic can believe in either interpretation. But not everybody shares such tolerance and open mindedness.

. . . And also I note for your sake, that I do not think this text is Apostolic in origin. For those who don't know; while the Catechism includes every Apostolic teaching that has been revealed to us to date (up to and including the second Vatican council), not every text comes directly from them . . .

I understand that but I am sure such differences are lost on our fundamentalist friends. Because "Science" is not part of the Gospel message and Apostolic teaching, it follows that this section is not part of what was handed down. However, the Catechism being approved by the Magisterium, as you made sure to remind me of once before :) , we give it its due respect.

Since you are here, let me ask you the question that Clete does not want to answer:

I mentioned earlier that knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus does not affect my walk in Christ. He said he disagrees with that. So I asked him: I will be interested to know how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps him feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, And love thy neighbor. I asked him to explain how so many wonderful saints from the past, from Saint Francis to Mother Theresa, were able to love unconditionally without such scientific facts.

What do you think? And thank you for your thoughtful post, a rare commodity these days.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Last edited:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Your post was all feelings

No it wasn't, but yours seems to be feelings based.

We have looked at the evidence

Who is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? He's probably smarter than you are.

We have looked at the evidence and reached a conclusion based on scripture and science.

Well you stick with your conclusion Bill Nye the Dimwit Guy.

In case you didn't notice, this is my thread and the premise of my thread is my problem with creation science. And your dopey posts sure haven't changed it.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Reviewing Posts 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, and 24. I see no whining and no crying. You have lied yet again. I have not whines like a cry baby, but you have dodged my question like a coward.

I refuted the entire premise of your first post, #17. Apparently I have to repeat everything.

The first thing you said in Post #17 was false, to which I replied and demonstrated it was false:

That false statement was actually considered by some pathetic forum member to be the "post of the day" which is pretty sad in itself, but that is neither here nor there.

The most important important question of the all you dodged and evaded by insulting me instead. That tells me you cannot answer it. And now you have dodged it again by using yet another insult, so I will ask it a third time:

I will be interested to know how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps you feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, And love thy neighbor.​
Perhaps you might also explain how so many wonderful saints from the past, from Saint Francis to Mother Theresa, were able to love unconditionally without your scientific facts!​
Are you Christ to the poor the way Mother Theresa was? Or are you just one of those blowhards arguing about dinosaurs and stupid crap as you pass judgement on others.​
(NOTE to other readers: The third time asking this, as with the first two, contains no whining or crying, just a simple question that seems to be too difficult for Clete to answer.)​

1607459284254.jpeg
Okay, I see.

You're liar!

It's plain and simply cut and dried as that.

You are a waste of everyone's time here. I can't imagine what you're even doing here.

I can promise you this. You've wasted the last second of my time.

Donime, quo vadis? Away from you!

Is there anyone left on TOL who isn't a liar, blasphemer or some other sort of foolish waste of time? Is there anyone here capable of engaging in a two way discussion about important issues? What in the world is the point of even participating here? There are those with whom I already agree and then complete blithering moronic idiots who, if their brain were dynamite, couldn't blow the fuzz off a peach and lying fools who aren't even intelligent enough to understand that everything people have said is all still right here for anyone to read! I'd settle for someone who was somewhere in between those two extremes! As it is, I'm bored out of my mind!

Clete

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Okay, I see.
You're liar!

Three times you could not answer a simple question and three times you deflected with insults.

You are the liar sir, and you certainly are not behaving like a Christian.

But, I will give you a fourth chance:

(NOTE to other readers: The fourth time asking this, as with the first three, contains no whining or crying, just a simple question that seems to be too difficult for Clete to answer.)​

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Three times you could not answer a simple question and three times you deflected with insults.

You are the liar sir, and you certainly are not behaving like a Christian.

But, I will give you a fourth chance:

You have a fixation on your own opinion.

If God put that information in the Bible... it has great value.

Anything that God puts in the Bible has great value.
Oh, the wonderful saints trump card... Let's just all ignore most of the Bible and just "love unconditionally" without all that "Bible fluff".
Are you Christ to the poor the way Mother Theresa was?
Mother Teresa believed and repeated false doctrine; like you. No wonder you worship her.

I always remember, from a long time ago, seeing MT on TV. She said that we should thank Jesus... for giving us His mother.... NOTHING about thanking Him for SALVATION or HIS DEATH for our SINS. THAT was the kind of "Christian" she was.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You have a fixation on your own opinion.

I think you have a fixation with me. You love trolling me and starting every one of your posts with a snotty intro.

My fixation is on getting a simple question answered. I told Clete that I did not feel that me knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps me be a better Christian. He disagreed. Ever since then I have asked him how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps him feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, and love his neighbor. I have asked four times, and so far he has responded only with insults and deflections, sort of like you do.

If God put that information in the Bible... it has great value.

I am sure it does. What I am saying again is that knowing the exact number of years between Adam and Jesus does not help me be a better Christian. If it helps you be a better Christian then perhaps you can give me the answer that Clete refuses to give: Please tell me how knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps you feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, And love thy neighbor.

Anything that God puts in the Bible has great value.

I have never said otherwise.

Mother Teresa believed and repeated false doctrine

No, that is what you do. Mother Theresa did what you do NOT do, be Christ to others, as real Christians are called to do.

I always remember, from a long time ago, seeing MT on TV. She said that we should thank Jesus... for giving us His mother.... NOTHING about thanking Him for SALVATION or HIS DEATH for our SINS. THAT was the kind of "Christian" she was.

Yes of course, because moment on the boob tube is certainly enough to judge a great Christian with - NOT.

That might be one of your most ignorant statements ever, and that is quite a feat.

@Boomer keeps telling me to put you on ignore and Boomer is right every time.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
how [does] knowing the number of years between Adam and Jesus actually helps him feed the poor, clothe the naked, visit those in prison, and love his neighbor.

He answered your question in post #20, but since you didn't actually bother to read it and consider what he said (maybe you read it, but you didn't try to understand what he said), you missed it.

Go read the section of his comment where he says, "I disagree!"

You'll find your answer there.

What I am saying again is that knowing the exact number of years between Adam and Jesus does not help me be a better Christian.

Except that it does, TG.

Clete explained why. Consider the implications of what Clete said if what he said was false.