My Ignored List

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I agree with you Nang but for some slightly different reasons. My church is home to me. I love our liturgy. I love the comfort of knowing what will come next and knowing most of the hymns.
Generally we have edifying sermons. Always we have lessons from both the Old and the New Testaments, reading of a Psalm and of course the Gospel reading.
We are not particularly stretched or challenged theologically but we are fed spiritual food and we have the comfort of fellowship.
I attend Bible study regularly and find it usually geared to the average lay person. Sometimes a knowledgeable group comes together and then I gain new perspectives.
When I "visit" other churches I am a visitor. It is nice and I enjoy it but it is not home.

Exactly.

Jim has often compared formal church membership to be like a marriage. The commitments made are comparable and not to be made lightly.

We were so happy and blessed in our Reformed fellowship, and when our pastors died we lost our "home" plus our spiritual family; which has proven to be irreplaceable.

bybee

Exactly.

Jim has often compared formal church membership to be like a marriage. The commitments made are comparable and not to be made lightly.

We were so happy and blessed in our Reformed fellowship, and when our pastors died we lost our "home" plus our spiritual family; which has proven to be irreplaceable.

I do understand and pray you will be able to build that feeling again.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How strange for a couple to receive criticism whose pastor died (2 of them actually within just a few years), and who were providentially left bereft of their means of worship. What did we do to cause that?

In an attempt to find a biblical church, we acquainted ourselves with a SBC pastor and divulged our Reformed beliefs and our circumstances to HIM, and he gave us permission to enter his flock despite the fact he considered our doctrines to be in error.

We attended his church for the best part of a year, never opening our mouths for two reasons. First, out of respect to the pastor, we did not want to cause any controversy. Second, no one would approach us or seem more than superficially aware of us. We were avoided, and we can only guess it was because word got around that we were "Calvinists!"

The only reason I threw theses pearls of personal experience out before this mob, is because of Lon's recent posts and delusions thinking that I should be disciplined because I question whether he, a professing "Calvinist!" should be worshiping with Arminians.

We found the experience to be unsuccessful.

End of story, but Delmar responded with compassion rather than with the usual scorn we receive when we convey our present hardship.

Thank you Delmar.

May The Lord bless every heart that responded to my post with sympathy and even a tiny amount of spiritual concern. He knows all hearts, so He knows who you are.

Nang

I would feel the same way nang, if it werent for the fact that you are doing the same thing yourself - you said yourself that your arminian friends were not worthy to worship with.

You just flipped it the other way and either way is wrong.

bybee

Are you telling me she doesn't wear anything under that apron? :think:

Yeah, I'm trying to cut her some slack too....she's been mesmerized, star struck, knocked off her feet....poor thing. That happened to me once... when I first saw Elvis on TV.

That is a puzzle to me also.
I've seen it happen before on TOL.
People get taken in.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
you said yourself that your arminian friends were not worthy to worship with.

Is that what I said, Angel?

I believe I said something like, "the chasm between our beliefs was too wide."

If you can quote a post from me that sustains your accusation above, I will make a doctor's appt tomorrow!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Is that what I said, Angel?

I believe I said something like, "the chasm between our beliefs was too wide."

If you can quote a post from me that sustains your accusation above, I will make a doctor's appt tomorrow!

You know what you said nang and you know the entire context of the conversation. If it makes you feel better to pretend, since youve been called on it, and have even argued with another calvanist about your stance on it - so be it. You clearly do not care that your hypocrisy is evident to anyone who has read this whole thing.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is a puzzle to me also.
I've seen it happen before on TOL.
People get taken in.

C'mon girls . . . I made a book recommendation . . . a very innocent, religious, and holy, book recommendation . . . playing along with Blog @4 submitted by Truster.

Dirty minds need to be cleansed of dirty thoughts . . .

:nono:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You know what you said nang and you know the entire context of the conversation. If it makes you feel better to pretend, since youve been called on it, so be it.

Bah . .

Present a copy of the conversation, Angel, and let other readers see if I ever used the word "unworthy."

IMJerusha

Bah . .

Present a copy of the conversation, Angel, and let other readers see if I ever used the word "unworthy."

No, you used the word "stupidity" as in every one of us. I've never thought you stupid. Thank you so much for letting me know what you think of me, Sister.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You know what you said nang and you know the entire context of the conversation. If it makes you feel better to pretend, since youve been called on it, and have even argued with another calvanist about your stance on it - so be it. You clearly do not care that your hypocrisy is evident to anyone who has read this whole thing.

What conversation? What calling out?

I am 73 years old and must be losing my mind, for I have no recall of such.

Prove it to me, and if I am guilty, I will ask for forgiveness, and check myself in to the nearest institution!

IMJerusha

I did?

Show me where . . .

"Those you put on ignore are not given notice, except if or when you respond to their posts saying you have taken such action, or make an announcement of your censorship in the forums.

Usually, this makes little difference to them, for they will continue to respond generally (negatively) to your future posts, but at least you have the relief of not having to read all their stupidity." -- Nang from Truster's profile messages.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"Those you put on ignore are not given notice, except if or when you respond to their posts saying you have taken such action, or make an announcement of your censorship in the forums.

Usually, this makes little difference to them, for they will continue to respond generally (negatively) to your future posts, but at least you have the relief of not having to read all their stupidity." -- Nang from Truster's profile messages.

Heh,

Well if you women want to think I was referring to you personally, you are assuming the persona of Grosnick, whom indeed I had earlier recommended Truster had the option to ignore.

It was a general answer . . . If any of you have an Ignore list, it is probably because you are also avoiding stupid posts.

And frankly, I do consider this latest gripe from you and Angel to be really stupid.

If that offends you, just put me on your Ignore, and we will all be in ignorant peace.

:duh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heh,

Well if you women want to think I was referring to you personally, you are assuming the persona of Grosnick, whom indeed I had earlier recommended Truster had the option to ignore.

It was a general answer . . . If any of you have an Ignore list, it is probably because you are also avoiding stupid posts.

And frankly, I do consider this latest gripe from you and Angel to be really stupid.

If that offends you, just put me on your Ignore, and we will all be in ignorant peace.

:duh:

Nang, thanks for the call out!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The football games are over for the day and I am retiring.

The rest of you will have to find another sport to entertain yourselves with the next few hours, apart from challenging me.

:wave: