ECT Must one "go to church" to be with God?

Must one "go to church" to be with God?

• Yes, but only if it is my particular location. God is found only where I attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It's interesting that we have millions partaking daily, and we never hear of any falling dead from partaking unworthily.
Is that what Paul said would happen though? That people would partake unworthily and then drop dead? He said, "many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep." That's not exactly the same picture you're painting is it? I mean, it's not, to me.

SaulToPaul 2

Is that what Paul said would happen though? That people would partake unworthily and then drop dead? He said, "many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep." That's not exactly the same picture you're painting is it? I mean, it's not, to me.

You're right, it is not necessarily instant.

But we are not seeing widespread outbreaks of many falling weak and sickly after partaking unworthily.

Can you imagine the media field day...

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You're right, it is not necessarily instant.

But we are not seeing widespread outbreaks of many falling weak and sickly after partaking unworthily.

Can you imagine the media field day...
I can't satisfy your curiosity as to what precisely Paul meant by his ominous words there. I just know that what the Church has decided to do in response to those words, is to express unambiguously that before partaking, you should examine yourself, and the Church has further decided what that means for any who wish to partake during Catholic or Orthodox Mass; that you should be respectively Catholic or Orthodox, and, and I can only speak for the Catholic faith here, that you should not have committed grave matter without confessing it first. This is the Church's own interpretation of what Paul meant when he said, "let a man examine himself" (1Co11:28KJV).

john w

Hall of Fame
I have a question about the church in the wilderness. Where did they keep the organ and offering plates?

Oh, you're real George Gobel today, aren't you Mayor? Why don't you head on down to your local "Burger King," your church, and ask those Clara Edwards types, who play the accordian at this church? Or is that Bertha Edwards, Bertha Johnson, or Clara Johnson? That's a mite curious.....How many names do you have, Mayor? Who is your pastor? etc.

genuineoriginal

I wasn't until I got saved that I began to wonder why "church buildings" have altars.
They have no purpose.
They have no purpose because they really aren't altars.

The altars in the Bible:
V01p466002.jpg

The altars in "church buildings":
725961_a141f436.jpg

they didn't slaughter goats on them in your church?
They didn't slaughter goats on altars in the Old Testament, either.
The altar is where they cooked the goats.

musterion

"Paul told the Athenians that God does not dwell in man-made buildings (Acts 17:24-25). Why, this statement would manage to get most of Christendom stirred all out of sorts; but it’s true: God does NOT live in man-made structures of ANY kind – PERIOD.

"Would Paul count our contemporary Christianity – with its proliferation of “Houses of God” and “Sanctuaries” – among the likes of the pagan temples of Athens? Are not these Christian “Houses of Worship” just as pagan, and as heathen as those of Athens? Would he speak the word of rebuke to us as well?

"Yet there is really good news in all of this. We do not need to “go” somewhere to “meet” Him. For truly,

“In Him we live, and move, and have our being” :)28)."

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Musterion,

Are you a universalist like Pilkington, too? Do you agree with his view on polygamy (he likes it)?

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AMR disagrees with the bulk of my beliefs but only negs me when I forget to post a citation on a quote.

Priorities. Everyone has them.
Well the omission seems odd, no?
In this thread the matter is a quote from a universalist who promotes polygamy. In another it is an uncited quote from an antinomian.

I suppose lack of citations from such stalwarts is not unexpected. :AMR:

AMR

musterion

Well the omission seems odd, no?

If by "odd" you mean "unintended" and even "sloppy," then yeah, it was odd.

In this thread the matter is a quote from a universalist who promotes polygamy. In another it is an uncited quote from an antinomian.

I suppose lack of citations from such stalwarts is not unexpected. :AMR:

AMR

Here ya go, sweetie. The link I forgot to post...

http://www.studyshelf.com/goodies/20150426.mp3

Happy? Good.

You let us know when Pilkington calls for someone to die over a theological disagreement. ;)

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you agree with Calvin's wanting to see Mike Servetus die? Huh? HUH!?!? Well DOYA?!!
I would not if he did so. ;) Then again I am not living in those turbulent times.

Or do you agree only with some of the things Calvin believed, said and did?
If I truly knew all that he said and did I would likely find something to quibble about. ;)

(Am I playing your Associative Guilt/Well Poisoning game right?)
You are a poor player. The game requires that the things offered up have actual factuality such that the genetic fallacy is plain to see.

AMR