ECT Must one "go to church" to be with God?

Must one "go to church" to be with God?

• Yes, but only if it is my particular location. God is found only where I attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nikolai_42

This is not asking about fellowship with like-minded others. The question is, must one "go to church" - some designated physical structure, wherever it is or whatever it's called - to be with or to please God?

Why turn something that is a joy, delight, privilege and honor - and a source of strength - into an onerous command one 'must' obey or else....?

It seems to me a certain Ananias and Sapphirah had that same approach towards giving. And we all know how it ended up with them.

While there are days where one may not want to get out of bed to attend church, it is those days that such a person needs to think of the need and benefit to worshipping God - but also of the spiritual support such gathering is to others (not just to 'me').

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You don't have to go to church to enter the eternal kingdom of God in the hereafter.

Since He is present in the validly celebrated and administered Eucharist, you must go to a Holy Catholic parish or Holy Orthodox parish during mass to literally be in His presence.

Both churches take the Apostle Paul's advice very seriously where he says, "Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord" (1Co11:27), because the Eucharist is a solemn and powerful celebration, sacrament and mystery.

You must gather together in His name to participate in the Mass, which is our Lord's prescribed way to offer up praise and worship of Him.

(If it were available I'd have voted Yes and No, in different ways of course.)

SaulToPaul 2

You don't have to go to church to enter the eternal kingdom of God in the hereafter.

Since He is present in the validly celebrated and administered Eucharist, you must go to a Holy Catholic parish or Holy Orthodox parish during mass to literally be in His presence.

Both churches take the Apostle Paul's advice very seriously where he says, "Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord" (1Co11:27), because the Eucharist is a solemn and powerful celebration, sacrament and mystery.

You must gather together in His name to participate in the Mass, which is our Lord's prescribed way to offer up praise and worship of Him.

(If it were available I'd have voted Yes and No, in different ways of course.)

Have you ever seen anyone partake unworthily and collapse in church?

john w

Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

The church is people.

As usual, the Mayor is correctamundo.

"Church" is a simple word used to describe an assembly of "called out ones."

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling."(Eph. 4:4 KJV)/"And let the peace of God*rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body...."(Col.3:15 KJV)

Today's one true church is not a denomination-this means absolutely nothing to the LORD God. The important concept is to whom or what have we been called. The "called out ones", the church of God is not an institution nor an organization-it is a people , a living organism whose members are born of the Spirit of God. It is those who are temples of the living God, both individually and collectively/unified together as one:

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints...."(1 Cor. 1:2 KJV-"sanctified" means to be set apart).

God is building his one true church in this dispensation, which, in his "is given by inspiration" scripture, he has identified as his body in Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV. And in Eph. 4:4 KJV, he states "There is one body...". So no denominational "religion" fits the description given for the one true church in the "volume of the book." His body, the church, or," the church, which is his body..."(Eph. 1:22-23 KJV), now, in this dispensation, is made up of all who believe "the gospel of hrist, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, the gospel o the grace of God"(Acts 20:24 KJV) preached by the apostle Paul, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.....any Jew, any Gentile,for there is "neither Jew nor Greek.....for ye are all one in Christ Jesus"(Gal. 3:28 KJV).

Paul calls denominations "carnal" in 1 Cor. 3:4 KJV: "For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?" I am not against the gathering of the local assembly-this is scriptural. However, this local gathering should exalt the risen, ascended, glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven," through the preaching of the gospel("Preach the word...."(2 Tim. 4:2 KJV). We should be preaching at this assembly Jesus Christ*according to Paul's gospel("my gospel")-"according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began"(Roman 16:25 KJV). Paul's passion was to preach the gospel, but also "to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which was from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God..."(Eph. 3:9 KJV). No one seems to be preaching this mystery-why is that?It's a mite curious, don't you think, Mayor? I wonder what causes that!