Muslims murder in Denmark

bybee

Half a world away from the battlefields. More in danger from slipping in the bathtub than a terrorist attack, you are full of fear, lacking faith, and you are putty in the hands of the puppet masters.

I think not.
It may well be that you are projecting?

Cam

BANNED
Banned
I think not.
It may well be that you are projecting?

Difference between us. I provide links, you cry all the time about Muslims coming to get you.

Women and children who dont know Jesus (and unlike you dont claim to) living amongst war and drone attacks while you sit over here calling for more war and more attacks and more bombings (that you wont actually participate in.

You are faithless, full of fear and stinking selfish.

Morpheus

You seem to be someone who has trouble with context.

You said:

"since a fundy Christian government's laws would look much different than those we have now".

That is a wild assumption that has nothing to do with being familiar with any players on this site (unless you think there are political power participants who hang out here).

That is no wild assumption either. The world has a long history of what happens when the church controls government, and it never ends up good. Eventually scripture becomes a weapon used by power brokers.

Beside that, Christ's kingdom is not of this world. Everything here is subject to corruption, even you. There is a reason He refused to rule here. So why would you think that we could make a Heaven on earth?

You join in pointing out that Sharia law is corrupt. God pointed out several times that Mosaic law was constantly corrupted by Jewish leadership. But you actually believe that a Christian state using Mosaic law would somehow turn out better? Like I said, we have examples, and none of them turned out well.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
That is no wild assumption either. The world has a long history of what happens when the church controls government, and it never ends up good. Eventually scripture becomes a weapon used by power brokers.

how's that working out in vatican city?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned

Beside that, Christ's kingdom is not of this world. Everything here is subject to corruption, even you. There is a reason He refused to rule here. So why would you think that we could make a Heaven on earth?

You join in pointing out that Sharia law is corrupt. God pointed out several times that Mosaic law was constantly corrupted by Jewish leadership. But you actually believe that a Christian state using Mosaic law would somehow turn out better? Like I said, we have examples, and none of them turned out well.

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake."

Governments are to be run based according to the ordinances of God in order to bring fear upon those who practice evil. Virtually every government has abandoned operating their government as God intends it to be established. We should be giving every effort to restore governments to function as God intended.

Morpheus

You conflate pharisaical Zionism with fundamentalists. The Pharisees are scary, no doubt. But, the true scriptural believers I know, they believe in the God of freedom who is so good who wouldn't want to choose his ways? No, with their Bibles open to Leviticus, these Pharisees will be dragging people out stoning them to death.

There is, however, a Christianity that makes one's heart dance in the clouds as more than our wildest dreams becomes reality. It can tolerate a little petulance.

I once witnessed to a guy who asked me, sardonically, if there are orgies in Heaven- because if there weren't he didn't want to go. I told him "yes there are, or, something better". I felt very confident in the something better part.

It comes down to the popular definition for fundamentalist. In a broader definition I would likely include myself under that heading; but nowadays fundamentalist, or fundy, carries an image of the 10 commandments, I'm righteous/you're evil, fire and brimstone fearmongers more closely related to the Pharisees. If the church ever took over the government they would be grabbing the reins of power, probably at gunpoint.

Morpheus

"Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake."

Governments are to be run based according to the ordinances of God in order to bring fear upon those who practice evil. Virtually every government has abandoned operating their government as God intends it to be established. We should be giving every effort to restore governments to function as God intended.

I don't think God needs your help managing governments. He knew everything that is happening before he put creation in motion, and decided to go ahead anyhow. He has given us far different a mission, and squandering your energies on folly is ignoring the more important tasks. Satan just loves it when you tie yourself up in worldly matters.

Cam

BANNED
Banned
It comes down to the popular definition for fundamentalist. In a broader definition I would likely include myself under that heading; but nowadays fundamentalist, or fundy, carries an image of the 10 commandments, I'm righteous/you're evil, fire and brimstone fearmongers more closely related to the Pharisees. If the church ever took over the government they would be grabbing the reins of power, probably at gunpoint.
what weve had until now has been pretty good- christ is chosen, people are free to choose when they are ready- and, at least politically free wben they dont.

It was asked recently, who represents me? We have a problem for which i dont believe there is a political solution. Our problem is Christ has too little sway in too many of us. If we are an ungodly people we wont have what weve had in the past. But, thats the power of Christ in individual lives, not a grand scheme of government.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
I don't think God needs your help managing governments. He knew everything that is happening before he put creation in motion, and decided to go ahead anyhow. He has given us far different a mission, and squandering your energies on folly is ignoring the more important tasks. Satan just loves it when you tie yourself up in worldly matters.
Your children must be a mess, since you have decided it is too "worldly" to be an authority that disciplines them when they practice evil.

However, now that I know that you believe in a god who is as apathetic as you are, I wouldn't expect you to care about men practicing evil. Either that, or you don't want your evil practices to be challenged.

Last edited:

TIPlatypus

Yes of course I want the will of God done on earth.

Taqiyya is not mentioned or hinted at the Quran but in Sunni Islam we are allowed to lie about our faith if we fear persecution or intolerance. That is we can act non-Muslim in word and deed to avoid death, torture or damage to property. Its better to die a martyr though, if there is nothing much to gain by lying.

Do you mind living in countries where there are laws banning something in shariah law (or vice versa)?

Taquiyya is why I think that Islam is not good. This is so subjective and open to interpretation that it makes it difficult for people to trust you. And this whole business of dying a martyr sounds pretty shady as well, considering how some people have used that notion to justify being bad.

Please reply...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't consider you a fundamentalist.

I don't fear real fundamentalists either. It would be dangerous if they were in power. Fear and danger are not the same.

Why not? I am totally a fundamentalist.

Definition:

Christian Fundamentalism is a conservative movement within American Protestantism that aims to uphold traditional Christian beliefs in the face of many modernist challenges.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't not fear them. They are dangerous. I have been over this already.

Most Christian laws are as asinine as Muslim ones. Many are exactly the same as a matter of fact.

I am done posting the same things over and over because people like you refuse to get it.

What would your reaction be if a Muslim just said, "don't break the law," to you after installing sharia law?

Define 'Christian' laws. Be specific.

Morpheus

how's that working out in vatican city?

Are you limiting that to Vatican City proper, or can it include the worldwide church run from the Vatican? I will concede that Catholicism has come a long way from burning witches, torture chambers, the inquisition and Crusades, just to name a few, but it took centuries.

We can't throw stones ourselves considering genocides in the West Indies and Pacific for failure to convert, or our own "manifest destiny" using God as an excuse for genocide, slavery and imperialism.

bybee

Difference between us. I provide links, you cry all the time about Muslims coming to get you.

Women and children who dont know Jesus (and unlike you dont claim to) living amongst war and drone attacks while you sit over here calling for more war and more attacks and more bombings (that you wont actually participate in.

You are faithless, full of fear and stinking selfish.

I have one judge and it ain't you.

Cam

BANNED
Banned
I have one judge and it ain't you.
Yes, you do. You don't have to explain your clearly evident ignorance of scripture to me.

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 2 Timothy 4

Morpheus

Your children must be a mess, since you have decided it is to "worldly" to be an authority that disciplines them when they practice evil.

However, now that I know that you believe in a god who is as apathetic as you are, I would expect you to care much about men practicing evil. Either that, or you don't want your evil practices to be challenged.

I guess we don't have to wait for you to be pronounced a troll; your behavior makes the conclusion obvious. You have no intention of carrying on a civil discussion. All of your posts are limited to inciting discord. You know nothing about anyone here, but continue to depict us in the worst possible light.

Just to set the record straight, my children, as well as the hundreds of other kids who made my home a second home, knew the boundaries and the consequences for testing them. One of the missions God assigned us is raising up our children in Him. Another is leading others to him. Another is loving children, our neighbor, even prisoners and enemies, caring for and feeding those who need it. All of those things we have done since before our wedding 42 years ago. We've fed as many as 50+ children in one sitting, and I never knew how many would be there for supper when I came home. We've spent time working with prisoners. Each of us taught Sunday school for many years. From my late 20s until a few years ago I was a deacon. My wife was/is a first responder, and our children and I would sometimes (as schedules allowed) travel with her to help with rebuilding, sharing with the displaced families. I bought our churches first two church buses and drove up to 70 kids 20+ miles into church from a depressed area on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights for many years, as well as working with Jr./St. High youth groups, then occasionally driving them hundreds of miles for Christian rock festivals and field trips. We hosted frequent paintball/dirt bike/horseback weekends for dozens of youth and adults, and supplies several of the guns, safety equipment, 3 various sized dirt bikes and a small herd of horses that I trained. We held annual goat roasts where church members could invite neighbors. In the early 80s we personally started one of the first Right To Life chapters, back when most churches thought that fighting abortion was too divisive and political, gradually convincing local preachers to join in. After dropping off bus kids we used to go back out to a local nursing home to provide transportation for the residents to church. Several of them, ignored by family, would share Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in our home. In our 40s twenty-somethings would often show up at our door around suppertime, staying there talking until 2:00-3:00 a.m. snacking and making cappuccino. We still have horses for guests even though neither of us can ride any longer. My wife led Girl and Cub Scouts for many years, and I managed little league teams for several. My wife, a clinical social worker, lcsw (therapist) worked with abused, suicidal, drug-addicted, mentally ill youth for over 10 years in an inner-city school setting, and now works with mentally ill inmates in a state prison. While in the school she had many non-patients hanging in her office after school hours. They, and their families, would often come to our farm on weekends and during the summer. Now, in their 20s, they still come down with their spouses and children. We recently had one of our first "neighbor kids", who followed us to the country when we moved away, ask if we could keep her granddaughter and great-granddaughter for a while to see if we could help get her straightened out. Many of our foster kids were the children of strangers who heard from their friends about how their kid had come to live with us for a few months and come home a different child. Word of mouth brought them to our door. I started, grew, supplied and operated the coffee, bagel, donuts, fruit ministry at church, and occasionally cooked a full breakfast menu. We support, separately from the church, over and above our tithe, a couple of widows and some foreign and domestic missions. And our kids used to help us Christmas shop for families going through hard times, then the kids would sneak the wrapped packages, bagged, onto their porches, ring the doorbells, and then run off to hide. And in my retirement I have had the time to occasionally testify before state legislative committees, the General Assembly and Senate on such subjects as labor, immigration, and healthcare legislation, because they all are quality of life issues. All these things can be considered biblical missions.

So since I'm apathetic, what do you do?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Just to set the record straight, my children, as well as the hundreds of other kids who made my home a second home, knew the boundaries and the consequences for testing them. One of the missions God assigned us is raising up our children in Him. Another is leading others to him. Another is loving children, our neighbor, even prisoners and enemies, caring for and feeding those who need it. All of those things we have done since before our wedding 42 years ago. We've fed as many as 50+ children in one sitting, and I never knew how many would be there for supper when I came home. We've spent time working with prisoners. Each of us taught Sunday school for many years. From my late 20s until a few years ago I was a deacon. My wife was/is a first responder, and our children and I would sometimes (as schedules allowed) travel with her to help with rebuilding, sharing with the displaced families. I bought our churches first two church buses and drove up to 70 kids 20+ miles into church from a depressed area on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights for many years, as well as working with Jr./St. High youth groups, then occasionally driving them hundreds of miles for Christian rock festivals and field trips. We hosted frequent paintball/dirt bike/horseback weekends for dozens of youth and adults, and supplies several of the guns, safety equipment, 3 various sized dirt bikes and a small herd of horses that I trained. We held annual goat roasts where church members could invite neighbors. In the early 80s we personally started one of the first Right To Life chapters, back when most churches thought that fighting abortion was too divisive and political, gradually convincing local preachers to join in. After dropping off bus kids we used to go back out to a local nursing home to provide transportation for the residents to church. Several of them, ignored by family, would share Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners in our home. In our 40s twenty-somethings would often show up at our door around suppertime, staying there talking until 2:00-3:00 a.m. snacking and making cappuccino. We still have horses for guests even though neither of us can ride any longer. My wife led Girl and Cub Scouts for many years, and I managed little league teams for several. My wife, a clinical social worker, lcsw (therapist) worked with abused, suicidal, drug-addicted, mentally ill youth for over 10 years in an inner-city school setting, and now works with mentally ill inmates in a state prison. While in the school she had many non-patients hanging in her office after school hours. They, and their families, would often come to our farm on weekends and during the summer. Now, in their 20s, they still come down with their spouses and children. We recently had one of our first "neighbor kids", who followed us to the country when we moved away, ask if we could keep her granddaughter and great-granddaughter for a while to see if we could help get her straightened out. Many of our foster kids were the children of strangers who heard from their friends about how their kid had come to live with us for a few months and come home a different child. Word of mouth brought them to our door. I started, grew, supplied and operated the coffee, bagel, donuts, fruit ministry at church, and occasionally cooked a full breakfast menu. We support, separately from the church, over and above our tithe, a couple of widows and some foreign and domestic missions. And our kids used to help us Christmas shop for families going through hard times, then the kids would sneak the wrapped packages, bagged, onto their porches, ring the doorbells, and then run off to hide. And in my retirement I have had the time to occasionally testify before state legislative committees, the General Assembly and Senate on such subjects as labor, immigration, and healthcare legislation, because they all are quality of life issues. All these things can be considered biblical missions.

So since I'm apathetic, what do you do?
Well, I don't boast about how wonderful I think I am.

Why are you involved in "worldly matters" when you just said that Satan loves that?

It's rather hypocritical of you to criticize others for wanting to make a difference in this world by getting involved in government, when you sit and boast about you doing it.

I think you're a flake.