Muslims burn 43 more to death....because the 40 last week wasn't enough

Tinark

Are you forgetting all of the Coptic Christians who have been and continue to be slaughtered? And are you forgetting the Armenian genocide perpetrated by the Turks who almost obliterated Armenian peoples from the face of the earth?
Apparently you believe that all Americans, except minorities, are guilty of the worst atrocities and we deserve to die?

Where did he say that these are the worst of atrocities? I'm not saying I agree with everything he is saying, but why are you unable to handle criticism of the past failures of US foreign policy without going off into hysterics? Iraq invasion was one of the worst foreign policy disasters the US has engaged in in a long time.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Iraq invasion was one of the worst foreign policy disasters the US has engaged in in a long time.

nah - the invasion was justified and executed well

the follow-up failed, at first, but bush doubled down and pulled it through

and then handed off to the dork from illinois who let it all fall apart

969765_422350881215029_237776300_n-630x581.jpg

Tinark

nah - the invasion was justified and executed well

the follow-up failed, at first, but bush doubled down and pulled it through

and then handed off to the dork from illinois who let it all fall apart

969765_422350881215029_237776300_n-630x581.jpg

The instability, lawlessness and power vaccuum created led to secretarian violence, over 200,000 deaths, Iraq military officers joining ISIS to lead their military victories and take over substantial Syrian and Iraqi territory, and allowed Iran to substantially increase its sphere of influence.

It must be nice living inside that delusion bubble, however :wave2:

Granite

Hall of Fame
The instability, lawlessness and power vaccuum created led to secretarian violence, over 200,000 deaths, Iraq military officers joining ISIS to lead their military victories, and allowed Iran to substantially increase its sphere of influence.

Most Americans are either completely unaware of the terrible things we do, or, we simply don't care. (That, or we revel in our depravity.)

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The instability, lawlessness and power vaccuum created led to secretarian violence, over 200,000 deaths, Iraq military officers joining ISIS to lead their military victories and take over substantial Syrian and Iraqi territory, and allowed Iran to substantially increase its sphere of influence.

and how much of that happened after bush handed off to bammy?

Tinark

and how much of that happened after bush handed off to bammy?

The seeds were sown well before Obama. Don't know how you figure a collapse of that region and free reign for the Islamists to take power and a safe haven for terrorists is an improvement.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The seeds were sown well before Obama. Don't know how you figure a collapse of that region and free reign for the Islamists to take power and a safe haven for terrorists is an improvement.

what was the state of the region in 2007?

bybee

Just nuking em includes pregnant women, babies, toddlers and children. This stance is not pro-life/pro-children in any way, shape or form.

I'm absolutely opposed to the use of nuclear warfare. If a way to peace, no matter how guarded, could be achieved through negotiations I'm all for it.

Tinark

what was the state of the region in 2007?

Unstable, full of sectarian violence, Islamist factions vying for their own piece of power - Iran expanding its influence.

It was just barely less bloody than 2006, which was the bloodiest year (an estimated 22,586 – 24,159 civilian deaths in 2007).

Here's a body count graph:

multigraph.php

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

Queue reflexive Bush defense and Obama bashing in 3, 2, 1...

shagster01

As opposed to all of the Saints in other lands?

Logical fallacy of, "yeah but look at them." As though that justifies our own evils.

It's like saying, "Well, I only robbed $100 for the bank. Joe robbed $10,000. Therefore, what I did isn't really that bad."

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I'm sure you were ready to pack up and move there because it was so good.

well, no

it was all full of smelly arabs even then
icon_28.gif

but, iirc, there was a democratically elected government in control of iraq, and egypt, libya and syria hadn't caught fire

after six years of neglect by the boy wonder?

Tinark

As opposed to all of the Saints in other lands?

Shouldn't we focus on ourselves first before telling others what to do or implementing change for them down the barrel of a gun and/or propping up corrupt dictatorships?

We can play a humanitarian role, sure, but we need to stop repeating the same mistakes over and over.

shagster01

but, iirc, there was a democratically elected government in control of iraq,

Obviously a weak one.

and egypt, libya and syria hadn't caught fire

That's like blaming Bush for Chechnya problems.

after six years of neglect by the boy wonder?

Why must we coddle them? They bring this stuff on themselves. What other country's government has had to prop us up?

I want our president to be our president, they can get their own.

bybee

Logical fallacy of, "yeah but look at them." As though that justifies our own evils.

It's like saying, "Well, I only robbed $100 for the bank. Joe robbed $10,000. Therefore, what I did isn't really that bad."

Agreed
But it is a matter of focus. America does good things and bad things same as every other country. But, I am an American and I choose to keep in mind all of the good that we have done and attempted to do. I do not condone the evil that we do.
We ought to mind our own business and stay out of other countries affairs. Let them fight their own battles.

Granite

Hall of Fame
As opposed to there you go again?
Hate the hand that feeds you?
ALWAYS find fault. NEVER give a compliment!

We've demanded the entire planet grovel at our feet for a long time, and you want another compliment? Now that right there pretty much sums up the issue. Not every discussion about America has to mention how awesome or exceptional or wonderful or great we are. Believe it or not it's possible to discuss one's country without breaking out an obligatory "God save the so-and-so, and play ball!"

You can't even bear to hear the slightest bit of criticism without getting completely unhinged. I'm not the one with the problem, sweetheart.