Modern Day Parables

iouae

What is the kingdom like, and to what shall I compare it?

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a man who went to a nightclub, and requested admittance.
The Bouncer at the door said to the man "Fellow, entrance to this nightclub is restricted".
To which the man responded "Restricted to whom?".
The Bouncer's reply was "Friends of the Owner of the nightclub. Do you know the Owner?"
The man said "No, how do I get to be a friend of the Owner?"
The Bouncer replied, "I can give you a list of Do's and Dont's, and where the Owner hangs out so that you can meet and get to know him, but until your name is on my list, you are not coming in".

iouae

Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto Lance Armstrong who competed in many Tours de France and won spectacularly. To all the millions of spectators, he was the epitome of cycling perfection.

And then along came the Anti-doping Agency and stripped him of all his titles and cast him into outer darkness. Thus the first became last.

So, likewise shall it be at Christ's return, with all the TV evangelists who loved the fame but ignored the rules.

daqq

Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto Lance Armstrong who competed in many Tours de France and won spectacularly. To all the millions of spectators, he was the epitome of cycling perfection.

And then along came the Anti-doping Agency and stripped him of all his titles and cast him into outer darkness. Thus the first became last.

So, likewise shall it be at Christ's return, with all the TV evangelists who loved the fame but ignored the rules.

Lol, interesting thread. :)

I used to see a "thousand dollar seed-money" guy quite often while flipping through channels, (when I used to watch TV), but I neither had the thousand bucks nor the "faith" to ever be able to send him a thousand dollars in "seed-money", ("to prove my faith"). I suppose he must have all kinds of rewards by now so as to tear down his barns and build bigger and better ones, (from people sending him thousand dollar seed-money gifts "to prove their faith"), or he would not have kept paying to have his show aired on TV. The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man who sowed only non-GMO seed in his field: but while many were sleeping a slick talking thousand dollar seed-money guy came in the night and sowed nephilim-zizania seed among the wheat. :)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Heb 13:7-9
7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.
(NKJ)

2 Tim 3:13-14
13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:16-18
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;
18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
(NKJ)

iouae

Again, the Kingdom of heaven is like the internet. It starts small and unannounced, and grows to fill the whole world.

CherubRam

Judaism came before Christianity.

daqq

Again, the Kingdom of heaven is like the internet. It starts small and unannounced, and grows to fill the whole world.

And when a rogue regime tries to cut off the net it goes underground and grows even greater and more powerful. And if elite gubmint political hacks try to hide damning evidence about themselves then wiki-leaks will take what it "hears in the ear" and shout it from the internet rooftops: yea, there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, and there is nothing hidden that shall not be known. :chuckle:

iouae

yea, there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, and there is nothing hidden that shall not be known. :chuckle:

Right. God may be able to read others thoughts.
But today we can read others emails.

iouae

The Lord is my pet owner and I am His Tinkerbell. I shall not want.

Paris-Hilton.png

iouae

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a whole lot of university students who enrolled at university.
They all looked the same, all ate the same food, all participated in the same extracurricular activities, all attended the same lectures.

While they all appeared alike, some graduated while some did not.

At graduation, it was revealed that there was a huge difference between the students all along, between those who attended to passing, and those who neglected their studies.

Likewise today, all Christians appear the same. At Jesus appearing when He comes to cap the true students, then and only then shall He divide the true students at His right hand from the phoney students at His left.

nursing-graduation-gifts-250x250.jpg

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The kingdom of heaven is like unto a whole lot of university students who enrolled at university.
They all looked the same, all ate the same food, all participated in the same extracurricular activities, all attended the same lectures.

While they all appeared alike, some graduated while some did not.

At graduation, it was revealed that there was a huge difference between the students all along, between those who attended to passing, and those who neglected their studies.

Likewise today, all Christians appear the same. At Jesus appearing when He comes to cap the true students, then and only then shall He divide the true students at His right hand from the phoney students at His left.

nursing-graduation-gifts-250x250.jpg
So if you don't study real hard you go to hell?

iouae

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a Landowner who sowed his fields with good seed and left his servants to tend his land, while he was away overseas.

While he was gone, a Usurper took this good seed, genetically modified it, mixed it with poison, and then tried to peddle this new seed for massive profit. Many servants were wilfully deceived by the supposed convenience of this new seed, and the money which could be made by it. The free, good seed was trampled underfoot in the rush for profit. The servants became slaves to the Usurper, who alone could supply modified seed along with poison for profit. The servants forgot about the Landowner and what they were doing to his land.

But the disciples were a little thick, and asked that the parable might be explained.
The Landowner is Jesus, and the good seed is the Gospel.

The Usurper is Satan, who took the Gospel and modified it, added his poison, and then sold the Gospel for profit on TV.