moderator malfeasance

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Protestants bow and kneel before the Cross.

I don't.

And what's the point of putting flowers on the altar every week or those fancy altar coverings?

I don't. It's not an altar.

Then there's the eternal light found in just about all churches.

Last church I belonged to, we turned out the lights when everyone left. The sign board by the road stayed on, though, is that what you mean?

Then again, I don't consider myself a prot. I'm a fundie.

IMJerusha

I don't.

I don't. It's not an altar.

Last church I belonged to, we turned out the lights when everyone left. The sign board by the road stayed on, though, is that what you mean?

Then again, I don't consider myself a prot. I'm a fundie.

Do your women wear long denim skirts and tennis shoes with ankle socks? (I've never been able to figure that one out. :nono:) Oh well, we've all got our quirks!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If I wanted to worship someone I would make a statue of them, kneel before it and kiss it's, kiss it's feet.

God is a Spirit, the way to worship Him is in spirit and in truth.

musterion

Do your women wear long denim skirts and tennis shoes with ankle socks? (I've never been able to figure that one out.

Wrong type of fundie, but I know that theirs is an attempt at genuine modesty in the face of an increasingly vulgar world. I fully respect their reasoning and right to do it. What really bugs me about it isn't what the women wear--almost invariably their men (younger ones, anyway) will be wearing something noticeably "hip," and not just in contrast to their wives and daughters. True attempts at fashion plate-ness. It's hypocritical of those men.

IMJerusha

Wrong type of fundie, but I know that theirs is an attempt at genuine modesty in the face of an increasingly vulgar world. I fully respect their reasoning and right to do it. What really bugs me about it isn't what the women wear--almost invariably their men (younger ones, anyway) will be wearing something noticeably "hip," and not just in contrast to their wives and daughters. True attempts at fashion plate-ness. It's hypocritical of those men.

I don't doubt the genuine attempt. I guess it's more an interpretation issue. I see slacks made for women as women's clothes and one can achieve modesty wearing slacks and the tennis shoes would look better. I know, I'm getting all female fashion on you. Anyway, what kind of fundie are you?

musterion

I don't doubt the genuine attempt. I guess it's more an interpretation issue. I see slacks made for women as women's clothes and one can achieve modesty wearing slacks and the tennis shoes would look better. I know, I'm getting all female fashion on you. Anyway, what kind of fundie are you?

The worst kind.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Protestants bow and kneel before the Cross.
What protestants do that?

And what's the point of putting flowers on the altar every week or those fancy altar coverings?
Whats the point of decorating your dining table or buying flowers for anything?

Then there's the eternal light found in just about all churches. We can make idols out of anything if we want. I think it's a matter of the heart.

Who worships a cross or flowers?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Do your women wear long denim skirts and tennis shoes with ankle socks? (I've never been able to figure that one out. :nono:) Oh well, we've all got our quirks!

The only church women ive ever seen who do that, are oneness pentecostal women. They aren't protestant and do not believe in the trinity.

Super long hair (they forbid women to cut it at all) that they pile up high, no makeup (they consider it a sin) and no jewelry with the exception of a wedding ring and watches (no adornments, they consider it a sin) and women must always wear only dresses ( they take the verse literally that women should not wear pants)

IMJerusha

What protestants do that?

Missouri Synod Lutherans. Some even genuflect. Some Methodist congregations kneel as well as Episcopalians and Presbyterians. It depends.

Whats the point of decorating your dining table or buying flowers for anything?

To adorn it, make it look pretty. And that's okay. My point is that it's a matter of the heart but some see that as idolatry.

Who worships a cross or flowers?

In many, many churches the Cross sits at the front of the church over the altar and is the visual focal point in the sanctuary. A lot of people think that's idolatry but again, it's a matter of what's going on in ones heart.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The only church women ive ever seen who do that, are oneness pentecostal women. They aren't protestant and do not believe in the trinity.

Super long hair (they forbid women to cut it at all) that they pile up high, no makeup (they consider it a sin) and no jewelry with the exception of a wedding ring and watches (no adornments, they consider it a sin) and women must always wear only dresses ( they take the verse literally that women should not wear pants)

Any pants? :jawdrop:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Missouri Synod Lutherans.

To adorn it, make it look pretty. And that's okay. My point is that it's a matter of the heart but some see that as idolatry.

In many, many churches the Cross sits at the front of the church over the altar and is the visual focal point in the sanctuary. A lot of people think that's idolatry but again, it's a matter of what's going on in ones heart.

I highly doubt that a person praying down at the front of the church is praying to the cross that adorns the sanctuary if they have one just like they arent praying to the flowers down front.

IMJerusha

Around here, that's Independent Fundamental Baptists. Not so much with the jewelry prohibition though.

IMJerusha

I highly doubt that a person praying down at the front of the church is praying to the cross that adorns the sanctuary if they have one just like they arent praying to the flowers down front.

I'm not stating that's what they're doing. I'm stating that the perception by many is that that is what they're doing and I'm stating that anyone can make an idol out of anything.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm not stating that's what they're doing. I'm stating that the perception by many is that that is what they're doing and I'm stating that anyone can make an idol out of anything.

By who? You are the first person (besides catholics of course who just say that to try to "prove" they arent idolotors because they DO pray to statues and stuff) who has ever made that kind of baseless claim that ive ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.