Mexicans are Dumb and Will Destroy America?

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
either Mexicans who come here (meaning: legally) will speak English or the English like u and I will have to learn Spanish

if one or the other doesn't happen, we might as well write off having a united United States

The English were not the only ones who came over here. There was no written rule that America is to speak English; they just settled on it because it became the majority.

It would actually make more sense in a weird way if we all spoke the Native language- we did after all inherit their accent, which is why we don't sound like Brits.

I've always found that interesting. Go to any reservation, and their accent is straight American; they did not get it from us.

pinetree

The English were not the only ones who came over here. There was no written rule that America is to speak English; they just settled on it because it became the majority.

It would actually make more sense in a weird way if we all spoke the Native language- we did after all inherit their accent, which is why we don't sound like Brits.

I've always found that interesting. Go to any reservation, and their accent is straight American; they did not get it from us.

never been to a reservation. But i have been the victim of an angry Indian who treated me like dirt (long story), so i figure, hey, let them have their revenge in this life

you know.. God said Vengeance is mine. But a lot of peple don't believe in waiting for God for justice (or anything else). Of course, not even my ancestors (that i know of) did anything to the Indians or the Blacks or anyone else, to speak of

anyway, I'm tired of minorities. So stone me for that unPC heretical sounding, racist sounding statemnet

I'm sick of them because they ALL seem to hate White poeple... they are (some anywya) nothing but big hypocrites, often the most racist of all

They have a lot of nerve coming to the US with their htred of us

a lot of nerve. They have no respect for this country (the illegals) or they would respect our borders. They come here w/ an attitude (Yes, i know: not all of them, but a lot of them).

___

Sitamun

never been to a reservation. But i have been the victim of an angry Indian who treated me like dirt (long story), so i figure, hey, let them have their revenge in this life

you know.. God said Vengeance is mine. But a lot of peple don't believe in waiting for God for justice (or anything else). Of course, not even my ancestors (that i know of) did anything to the Indians or the Blacks or anyone else, to speak of

anyway, I'm tired of minorities. So stone me for that unPC heretical sounding, racist sounding statemnet

I'm sick of them because they ALL seem to hate White poeple... they are (some anywya) nothing but big hypocrites, often the most racist of all

a lot of nerve. They have no respect for this country (the illegals) or they would respect our borders. They come here w/ an attitude (Yes, i know: not all of them, but a lot of them).

___
If ALL minorities are "mean" to you, maybe I was right and it IS you...

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned

___

Well, that does a have a good amount of legitimacy to it. Political correctness denies anyone the ebility to simply stand up and say 'the white man is being attacked on all fronts' without being branded a racist, misogynist, or whatever.

But it is true; it is a social fact that white men are expected to receive criticism without giving any out- white liberal guilt is the scourge of this country right now.

Sitamun

Well, that does a have a good amount of legitimacy to it. Political correctness denies anyone the ebility to simply stand up and say 'the white man is being attacked on all fronts' without being branded a racist, misogynist, or whatever.

But it is true; it is a social fact that white men are expected to receive criticism without giving any out- white liberal guilt is the scourge of this country right now.
Honest criticism is one thing. Using racial stereotypes and slurs is quite another. Calling an entire race of people cockroaches is not a valid criticism. Also, when every person who happens to be a minority you meet is mean to you, perhaps you need to take a quick look at yourself and your behavior. I'm not saying it was all justified, just find it highly unlikely that every single incident was unwarrented, especially given the posters known view of minorities.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Calling an entire race of people cockroaches is not a valid criticism.

Like cockroaches. It's called a "simile." And I don't think that it's inaccurate. Think about the characteristics and behaviors of cockroaches. Then think about Mexicans.

Do you really not see any similarities?

Sitamun

Like cockroaches. It's called a "simile." And I don't think that it's inaccurate. Think about the characteristics and behaviors of cockroaches. Then think about Mexicans.

Not with any of the Mexicans I know. I mean sure if all you know about them are the racial stereotypes, but then that reinforces my point not yours.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

anyway, I'm tired of minorities.

I'll bet they're tired of you, too.

So are you only sick of minorities who immigrated here? How about minorities who were born here? Are you sick of them too? How do you know they ALL hate white people? How do you know there are more minority hypocrites than white hypocrites?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Think about the characteristics of cockroaches. Then think about Traditio.

Sitamun

Hey Traditio, I just asked one of my friends ( who happens to be Mexican) how he felt about being LIKE a cockroach. Let's just say his response wasn't pleasant. That's all I can say about it. I mean I think he overreacted, it's not like the cockroach isn't the most loved and revered of all the insects.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:think:

I suppose that there is a vague connection in the fact that if you opined as such in my presence I'd stomp you to death in a corner. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think:

I suppose that there is a vague connection in the fact that if you opined as such in my presence I'd stomp you to death in a corner. :idunno:
I'd almost like to see that. :plain:

Seriously, Trad, you need to hire an editor. Or a bodyguard.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Not with any of the Mexicans I know. I mean sure if all you know about them are the racial stereotypes, but then that reinforces my point not yours.

Cockroaches sneak into places that they really shouldn't be, often having to squeeze through impossibly small spaces to get there. They tend to hide, and when you discover one, they hide underneath the refrigerator or the sofa. All the while biding their time and increasing their numbers in a place where they aren't particularly welcome. And next thing you know, the whole place is swarming with them. Not to mention, of course, that an infestation of cockroaches generally lowers the desirability of the habitat. :idunno:

So you're not seeing any similarities between cockroaches and Mexicans? Really? :plain:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

Furthermore, I'm not comparing any particular Mexican to any particular cockroach. I'm comparing Mexicans in general to cockroaches in general.

JosephR

Furthermore, I'm not comparing any particular Mexican to any particular cockroach. I'm comparing Mexicans in general to cockroaches in general.

lol.. man... I can think of alot of ppl who fir this bill,,but how do you think God is going to like you talking about His children this way?

For we are all dieing as we speak how can we have pride? and are dust of the earth, and Children of the Most High.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Hey Traditio, I just asked one of my friends ( who happens to be Mexican) how he felt about being LIKE a cockroach. Let's just say his response wasn't pleasant. That's all I can say about it. I mean I think he overreacted, it's not like the cockroach isn't the most loved and revered of all the insects.

Was he let in through the front door, or did he sneak in by squeezing through the cracks of the house? Or, if he was born in the house, what about his parents?

As for me, I was born here, as were my parents, as were.... :)

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
When someone claims that Mexican immigrants are low IQ imbeciles he will get called on it.

Are Mexican immigrants (generally speaking) low IQ imbeciles? They might be. I'd have to see the numbers that he's working with. You can appeal to this immigrant or that immigrant, but that doesn't prove anything about the big numbers. :idunno:

I have a background in mathematics and I study sabermetrics on the side. What I have read so far in Richwine's dissertation he is merely regurgitating the statistics from other's research. The first part of his dissertation is explaining what IQ is.

So what's the problem?

Are that many Spanish radio stations in your area? I seem to remmeber you are going to school in Texas?

Even one is one too many. Also, the fact that Telemundo even exists is an assault against my sensibilities. :nono:

Not according to the Catholic Church.

Catholic Social Teaching
The Catholic Catechism instructs the faithful that good government has two duties, both of which must be carried out and neither of which can be ignored.The first duty is to welcome the foreigner out of charity and respect for the human person. Persons have the right to immigrate and thus government must accommodate this right to the greatest extent possible, especially financially blessed nations: "The more prosperous nations are obliged, to the extent they are able, to welcome the foreigner in search of the security and the means of livelihood which he cannot find in his country of origin. Public authorities should see to it that the natural right is respected that places a guest under the protection of those who receive him." Catholic Catechism, 2241.

The second duty is to secure one’s border and enforce the law for the sake of the common good. Sovereign nations have the right to enforce their laws and all persons must respect the legitimate exercise of this right: "Political authorities, for the sake of the common good for which they are responsible may make the exercise of the right to immigrate subject to various juridical conditions, especially with regard to the immigrants' duties toward their country of adoption. Immigrants are obliged to respect with gratitude the material and spiritual heritage of the country that receives them, to obey its laws and to assist in carrying civic burdens." Catholic Catechism, 2241.

In January 2003, the U.S. Catholic Bishops released a pastoral letter on migration entitled, "Strangers No Longer: Together on the Journey of Hope." In their letter, the Bishops stressed that, "[w]hen persons cannot find employment in their country of origin to support themselves and their families, they have a right to find work elsewhere in order to survive. Sovereign nations should provide ways to accommodate this right." No. 35. The Bishops made clear that the "[m]ore powerful economic nations…ave a stronger obligation to accommodate migration flows." No. 36.

SOURCE

So do you disagree with the Catholic Bishops?

Emphasis mine. With respect to the right of immigration, think about what it would look like to deny it. If someone cannot find work/the means of survival in his own country, he must stay there and starve? In any case, as I said, see the parts above that I've emphasized.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned

739609.jpg

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
TB: As an addendum to my previous comment to you, I'd like to point out that I know [at least] two Mexicans (one of which has dual Mexican-American citizenship). One is in a philosophy Ph.D. program; the other, to whom he is married, is a medical doctor. [Plus, there are various non-white students where I go to school.]

But that's not really representative of all Mexican immigrants (especially given the fact that not all Mexican immigrants are here legally).

The Berean

Are Mexican immigrants (generally speaking) low IQ imbeciles? They might be. I'd have to see the numbers that he's working with. You can appeal to this immigrant or that immigrant, but that doesn't prove anything about the big numbers. :idunno:
I'm challenging Richwine's "big" numbers. It takes time to go through all of his references. Some of them are not publicly available or easily accessible. My major issue is the amount of weight he gives IQ test scores. I am a first generation Mexican-American. I have never taken an IQ given by the state or any major research organization. I don't know of anyone in my extended family that has. So where and when did these supposedly large groups of Mexican immigrants take an IQ test?

So what's the problem?
The problem is that Richwine's paper is unconvincing based on his misuse of statistics.

Even one is one too many. Also, the fact that Telemundo even exists is an assault against my sensibilities. :nono:

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Do you really expect the state of Texas to be "white-centric" for a lack of a better term. Do you have clue to the history of Texas? It was part of Spain and Mexico for a long time. A thoroughly Spanish and Mexican culture was formed and entrenched long before Texas became part of the US. When Texas became an independent nation in 1836 do you think that the Spanish/Mexican culture simply vanished? That Mexican culture never left Texas.And before the Spanish came there as a significant Native-American presence in the Texas area as well.

Emphasis mine. With respect to the right of immigration, think about what it would look like to deny it. If someone cannot find work/the means of survival in his own country, he must stay there and starve? In any case, as I said, see the parts above that I've emphasized.
The part you emphasis was the secondary point of the American Catholic bishops. The emphasized the first part about helping poor people. Have you ever helped out a poor person, Trad? Ever?