Matthew 12:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
So? Let's look at Romans 1:16.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. (Romans 1:16)​

The gospel of Christ who preached the kingdom of God went first to the three tribes that made up Judah but the revelation of the NT is that salvation is available to everyone without regard to ethnicity.

Surely you are not thinking Jacob just had three sons are you?
You seem totally confused. Firstly, the kingdom of Judah is made up of TWO tribes and not three.

Secondly, that passage (and most others in Matthew-Revelation) are not singling out just one tribe when referring to "the Jew" or "Jews" but are CLEARLY referring to all of Israel.

Romans 1:16 is speaking about everyone who believes (Jews being all of Israel and Greeks being Gentiles).

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Karaite Jews have it correct and Pharisaic Rabbinical Judaism has it wrong.

Shavout is always on a Sunday because of Leviticus 23:16, since that is the only way for the fiftieth day to fall on the morrow after the Sabbath.

:thumb:

Yes, I believe after Jesus was resurrected the rabbis changed the omer counting from the day after the weekly Sabbath to "counting" from Nisan 16, which in fact requires no counting at all, Pentecost is always on Sivan 6. They did this to deny that Jesus fulfilled the wave offering as the firstfruits.

And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, seven Sabbaths shall be completed. Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath, then you shall offer a new grain offering to the LORD. (Leviticus 23:15-16)​

The word for completed is tamiym which means complete or whole. A whole Sabbath is referring to a week, day one through day seven. This is done seven times and the next day is Pentecost.

Luke says in Acts, "When the Day of Pentecost had fully come..." (Acts 2:1).

The term "fully come" is the Greek symplēroō which means to be fulfilled. So the days had to be counted to know when they were fulfilled, meaning the day was not automatically Sivan 6.

Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the "week" which began the count toward Pentecost.

Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. (Luke 24:1)​

The word "week" is sabbaton, which is plural because Jesus was resurrected on the first days of the weeks, the seven weeks leading to Pentecost.

sabbaton - Of Hebrew origin [H7676]; the Sabbath (that is, Shabbath), or day of weekly repose from secular avocations (also the observance or institution itself); by extension a se'nnight, that is, the interval between two Sabbaths; likewise the plural in all the above applications: - sabbath (day), week.​

In the OT Pentecost is referred to as the Feast of Weeks.

And you shall observe the Feast of Weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest and the Feast of Ingathering at the year’s end.
(Exodus 34:22)​

The word for "weeks" is shabuwa`which refers to a set of seven, in this case a set of seven weeks which is a set of seven days.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You seem totally confused. Firstly, the kingdom of Judah is made up of TWO tribes and not three.

Ok, let's see if we can count them.

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus was of the tribe of Judah and was a descendant of David who was of the tribe of Judah.

So that's one tribe.

In Jesus' day there were priests and Levites. Zacharias and Elizabeth were of the tribe of Levi.

So that's two tribes.

Paul was a Jewish rabbi and he was of the tribe of Benjamin.

So that's three tribes.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Secondly, that passage (and most others in Matthew-Revelation) are not singling out just one tribe when referring to "the Jew" or "Jews" but are CLEARLY referring to all of Israel.

I'll try again. The House of Judah does not refer to all of Israel. The House of Israel existed apart from the House of Judah. But there are Jews mixed in with Israel such as the Jews in Babylon in Parthia where Peter went.

There are Jews in terms of ethnicity and there are Jews in terms of religion. In the first century many Jews became Christians. Becoming a Christian did not in any way change a person's lineage. Paul became a Christian but he as still of the tribe of Benjamin.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'll try again. The House of Judah does not refer to all of Israel. The House of Israel existed apart from the House of Judah. But there are Jews mixed in with Israel such as the Jews in Babylon in Parthia where Peter went.

There are Jews in terms of ethnicity and there are Jews in terms of religion. In the first century many Jews became Christians. Becoming a Christian did not in any way change a person's lineage. Paul became a Christian but he as still of the tribe of Benjamin.

View attachment 18370

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Just can't keep away from me can you Jamie? From day one we've been best buds.

Too bad you're so ignorant. We could've been something

Yeah, I feel like I was born knowing nothing.

You never did say why you hate Jews.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Big bird is your father and big foot is your mother Jamie

Ah, yes, sasquatch milk, it tastes just like eggnog and a little bit goes a long way. Have you ever tried sasquatch milk?

I think Ben and Jerry is trying to get some for their new ice cream flavor.

genuineoriginal

Jesus preached to the house of Israel throughout Judaea, Samaria, and Galilee.

Matthew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.​

The people Jesus preached to were known as Jews because their homeland was Judaea, not because they were members of the house of Judah.

The house of Israel and the house of Judah were joined into one nation. Ezekiel 37:15-22

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The house of Israel and the house of Judah were joined into one nation. Ezekiel 37:15-22

Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, “As for you, son of man, take a stick for yourself and write on it: ‘For Judah and for the children of Israel, his companions.’

Then take another stick and write on it, ‘For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel, his companions.’ Then join them one to another for yourself into one stick, and they will become one in your hand.

“And when the children of your people speak to you, saying, ‘Will you not show us what you mean by these?’— say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions, and I will join them with it with the stick of Judah and make them one stick and they will be one in My hand.” (Ezekiel 37:15-19)​

What year did this joining take place? And where is it referred to in scripture that Joseph and Judah are now joined together with one king over them?

And don't forget David.

David My servant shall be king over them... (Ezekiel 37:24)​

Also, there is the sanctuary.

Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them, and it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; I will establish them and multiply them, and I will set My sanctuary in their midst forevermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them, indeed I will be their God and they shall be My people.

The nations also will know that I, the LORD, sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forevermore. (Ezekiel 37:26-28)​

Are you sure that all the nations know that YHVH sanctifies Israel?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.​

The people Jesus preached to were known as Jews because their homeland was Judaea, not because they were members of the house of Judah.

Yes, Jesus was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel of which the Jews were a part. I just wish he had mentioned that he had other sheep not of the Judah fold. That would have cleared up the fact that Judah was not all of the house of Israel.

Oh well, too late now. I guess Jesus just totally forgot about the ten tribes that did not reside in Judea.

Right Divider

Body part

Ezekiel 37 is prophecy that has not been fulfilled yet.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ezekiel 37 is prophecy that has not been fulfilled yet.

Eze 37:28 And the heathen[nations] shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

:thumb:

Right, because it's abundantly clear that the nations at this point do not acknowledge that the LORD has set apart Israel for Himself and His sanctuary is obviously not in the midst of the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.